AKA jefftron3000

Looks Like I Picked the Wrong Week to Quit Sniffing Glue.......

sniffingglue.jpg

......Because its still a little early in the season to start doing PCP..........uhh, the Pinecrest Peak Trail up highway 108, that is.

....Well, at least it is a little early to do the upper half of the trail, but the lower half was sweet and provided me with the fix I needed.

I did a little recon ride today to see how much snow was left on the road up to Pinecrest Peak. Since we have been having such a low snow fall year, I wanted to see how things were shaping up in the high country.

I ended up walking through snow about a mile before the Trail of the Gargoyles turn-off on Herring Creek road, decided I didn't feel like hiking 4 more miles through the snow up to the peak, and turned around and hit the lower half of the trail from the fire road turn off near Fiddler's Green.

The trail was a blast as always.

There were a few new trees down, but otherwise the trail was in great condition and snow free. Pretty rare for April.

Sorry, no pics from today's ride.....I forgot to charge the battery of the digi.

Here's a few from a couple days ago on the mysterious "Goat Trail".....at least that is what a buddy of mine likes to call it.

This is an awesome singletrack along a local river. Its not too hard to figure out where its at from the pictures..........if you know the area.

The reservoir is really low for this time of year:
    res.jpg

Looking down river, you can see the secret lab where the government is building a device to turn people into a race of super zombies that can be easily controlled!.........Oh wait, they already did that with the television. Maybe its just a hydroelectric plant.......I get confused somtimes:
    secretlab.jpg

Although I usually ride my fully rigid 29er 3-speed everywhere and love it, I still think suspension has its place.............for instance, the suspension cable on this bridge allowed me to cross the river in ease and comfort:
    bridge.jpg

If you get lost, go on down to green river:
    trail.jpg
    I sew stuff.

Carousel Design Works

Round and round it goes. Where it stops? Nobody knows.

The Endless Revolution

OOOOOOOh Gee Are Eee

You been holding out on me

Man you been holding out on me buddy. You got some time next weekend for some riding? I was thinking PInball and some other stuff but maybe we'll sneak up and do lower Pinecrest while we're there, some sweet stuff there. If I don't call you tomorrow give me a ring.

AKA jefftron3000
    Quote Originally Posted by 0gre
    Man you been holding out on me buddy.
    Hey, a gentleman can't tell all his secrets!......,.but I will show you that trail.

....That is, if you are into riding new technical singletrack winding next to a river high in the Sierras (I don't want to make assumptions)!

I'll be around next weekend if you want to ride.

....Oh, and don't worry, there are still plenty more trails in the area for you to discover.

I'll show you a few more this Summer.

It just keeps getting wilder and more technical the further you keep exploring.
    I sew stuff.

Carousel Design Works

The Endless Revolution

OOOOOOOh Gee Are Eee
    Quote Originally Posted by mountainboat
    Hey, a gentleman can't tell all his secrets!......,.but I will show you that trail.

....That is, if you are into riding new technical singletrack winding next to a river high in the Sierras (I don't want to make assumptions)!
    I'm easy to please.

I'll be around next weekend if you want to ride.
    Then I'll definitely give you a call tomorrow. I was going to show someone around but maybe you can show me some new stuff and kill 2 birds

....Oh, and don't worry, there are still plenty more trails in the area for you to discover.

I'll show you a few more this Summer.

It just keeps getting wilder and more technical the further you keep exploring.
    Sounds good.

mtbr member
    Apr 2005

Spring Gap?

I'm not sure where that is. The lake looks like Lyons but I don't remember that swinging bridge.
    Anyway it looks like some snow is coming. Hopefully not enough to keep us off Pinball but maybe PCP will be better for skiing for a week or two.

AKA jefftron3000
    Quote Originally Posted by Portola Vince
    I'm not sure where that is. The lake looks like Lyons but I don't remember that swinging bridge.
    Nope, not Lyon's.
    I sew stuff.

Carousel Design Works

The Endless Revolution

Obi
    mtbr member

... and if we just ...

Noiccceee!!! I swear, that's the lowest I've seen those spots, at least since, what, mid-1990's, right? We need some rain up there bad. Good to hear you're out having fun though!! Find me if you're going to Otter Saturday.

Obi..
    You have given out too much Positive Reputation in the last 24 hours, try again later.
    Awesome!

mtbr member

hey that looks like some great riding....

but now I can't get Airplane out of my head. Dang, that is one of the funniest movies of all time...I need to go buy that DVD.

Dennis....what time would I have to be at your place to get in on this for Saturday??
    What is a "healing vibe"???
    See our aid stations at the Tahoe Sierra 100 Red Star Ridge & Dusty Corners

www.goapc.org

ol'guy who says hi &waves
    Quote Originally Posted by bigboulder
    but now I can't get Airplane out of my head. Dang, that is one of the funniest movies of all time...I need to go buy that DVD.

Dennis....what time would I have to be at your place to get in on this for Saturday??

Wouldn't it be faster for you to head south on Hwy.49 and meet in Sonora?

I may not have the best of everything, but I have the best everything that matters.

AKA jefftron3000

Plan A

Sounds like at least a couple folks will be meeting up Saturday morning around 10:00 or 10:30......hopefully in the vicinity of my favorite breakfast joint, Papa's New Roost on Hwy 108 before Soulsbyville.

Maybe a little guided exploratory or two on Saturday and a long downhill(ish) ride on Sunday?

Plenty of camping available.

I'm up for whatever.

Obi-

No Sea Marmot for me this year......I'm not really into racing and there is too much fun stuff to do up here without the big drive, but it is a nice place to see friends and new bling. Have fun!

bigboulder-

So, you can't get Airplane out of your head......surely, you can't be serious?
    I sew stuff.

Carousel Design Works

The Endless Revolution

mtbr member

Completely Serious....

So, you can't get Airplane out of your head......surely, you can't be serious?
    [SIZE="5"]But Don't Call Me Shirley!![/SIZE]
    What is a "healing vibe"???
    See our aid stations at the Tahoe Sierra 100 Red Star Ridge & Dusty Corners

www.goapc.org

mtbr member
    Aug 2006
    Dang.

I'm out of town this weekend, or I'd love to get in on this...

I'm sure (I hope) they'll be many more rides this spring summer up there.

<----- jealous...

AKA jefftron3000
    Quote Originally Posted by stickyfingers
    Dang.

I'm out of town this weekend, or I'd love to get in on this...

I'm sure (I hope) they'll be many more rides this spring summer up there.

<----- jealous...
    Yep, there will be plenty more rides happening up in the Tuolumne/Calaveras area this season.

I live in Sonora and ride trails 1 to 5 times a week. Anyone who wants to can contact me for a ride or some trail beta.

The 108 corridor has some great "under the radar" classic rides.
    I sew stuff.

Carousel Design Works

The Endless Revolution

OOOOOOOh Gee Are Eee

Barring heavy snowfall...

Yep, there will be plenty more rides happening up in the Tuolumne/Calaveras area this season.

I live in Sonora and ride trails 1 to 5 times a week. Anyone who wants to can contact me for a ride or some trail beta.

The 108 corridor has some great "under the radar" classic rides.
    Looks like you me and Vince. Saturday we'll see you are Papa's New Roost around 9:30, Sunday if anyone is interested Strawberry store at 10AM.

See y'all there.