mtbr member

Looking for a Weirwolf 2.55 LT Team FR in the East Bay

I'd like to get one - if not two - in my hands in the next day or two, before I head to Downieville. The phone calls I've placed so far haven't turned up much, and my best shot might be Yuba Expeditions once I'm up there. I'd like to get what I need beforehand though.

The one I'm looking for is the "Team FR" model, which uses the reinforced "Inner Peace" sidewall. After flatting on the Pauley Creek fireroad last weekend, I don't want to take any chances.

Anyone know who has em in stock in the East Bay?
    Last edited by MrCrash; 07-08-2008 at 05:44 AM.

Lusus Naturae
    REI in Mountain View is where I got mine. I don't see any "Team FR" labelling but if it says "Inner Peace" then it is not the Race version, and WTB's site only shows two kinds.

TLL
    mtbr member

Not east bay, but

Quote Originally Posted by MrCrash
    I'd like to get one - if not two - in my hands in the next day or two, before I head to Downieville. The phone calls I've placed so far haven't turned up much, and my best shot might be Yuba Expeditions once I'm up there. I'd like to get what I need beforehand though.

Anyone know who has em in stock in the East Bay?
    I think I saw one or two at MIkes bikes in San Rafael, but I''m not certain. They could certainly get them, as the WTB warehouse is only 5 miles away in Novato.
    Hadley rear hub service here and here.

mtbr member
    Dec 2003
    A few thoughts:

1) Call Yuba before heading up.

2) Call WTB see who stocks them.

3) If you are really desperate, PM me. I have two of the race versions, once brand new, one that still has the molding marks on the center of the tread. I was saving them, but would sell them if you are really hard up for them. I am in Lafayette.
    Riding slowly since 1977.

190lbs of climber
    I will take a look tomorrow at Evolution in Cupertino. If you need me to, and we have them, I can bring them up to the race. I'll be in Downieville Thursday around noon.
    THE BAY AREA... WHERE IF IT'S FUN, IT'S ILLEGAL

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by NoBalance
    REI in Mountain View is where I got mine. I don't see any "Team FR" labelling but if it says "Inner Peace" then it is not the Race version, and WTB's site only shows two kinds.
    You're right - the one I'm looking for has the Inner Peace sidewall. After getting a puncture on the fireroad to Pauley, I don't want to take any chances this weekend.

Hope you're recovering from that heat!

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by TLL
    I think I saw one or two at MIkes bikes in San Rafael, but I''m not certain. They could certainly get them, as the WTB warehouse is only 5 miles away in Novato.
    I tried the Berkeley one yesterday, but I'll give Marin a go too. Thanks!

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by CDMC
    A few thoughts:

1) Call Yuba before heading up.

2) Call WTB see who stocks them.

3) If you are really desperate, PM me. I have two of the race versions, once brand new, one that still has the molding marks on the center of the tread. I was saving them, but would sell them if you are really hard up for them. I am in Lafayette.
    Good idea about Yuba. If I can't find anything, I'll let ya know!

mtbr member
    Thanks Menso!

Ebo
    mtbr member
    Dec 2003
    I've got one if you don't turn up anything. I live out in Clayton.

computers hurt my eyes
    Jun 2008

WWLTs in Downieville

We're planning on bringing a box of those tires up to the event for our team rider's last-minute pleas. I would be willing to sell them at the WTB booth, but I don't want to take business from our friends at Yuba. Either way, the tires will be available up there, although I recommend that you get your bike dialed before you make the journey.

The Team FR version, with Inner Peace, is the best way to roll in Downieville. That's the tire of choice for Weir, Moeschler, Rachel Lloyd and dozens of other really fast riders. I know that's what I'm gonna run for the All Mountain race!

mtbr member
    May 2006

hey WTB guy (or anyone else)...

i have a set of Weirwolf 2.3 FR (inner peace) and i'm looking for something else...would the WWLT (with inner peace) work better/roll faster in the XC race than what i have?...what about the Wolverine 2.2?...would those sidewalls hold up in the XC race?...i'll be around 205 lbs geared up...do you think i could buy a pair of Wolverines once i get to d-ville?...if so, how much will they be selling for and where?

computers hurt my eyes
    Jun 2008
    hello Historeeteacher, the WeirWolf LT (low tread) rolls considerably quicker than the full WeirWolf. The Wolverine is even faster, mostly because it's over 100 grams lighter. The Wolverines should hold up just fine in the XC. But if you want to pin it through Baby Heads and Butcher Ranch, the WeirWolf LT is the best bet. It mostly depends on riding style, I guess. Yuba Expeditions will have both Wolverines and WWLTs in stock, and I believe they're selling them for $55.

mtbr member
    May 2006
    the wolverines might come back to bite me in the race...they sound great for my other aggressive trail rides though...

the WWLTs sound great for the race, but overkill for anything else i ride...

bummer...but i need to use the right tool for the job...$55 each is steep...i guess i'll just use my 2.3s...

p.s. is there really that much traffic on the XC course???

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by historeeteacher
    the wolverines might come back to bite me in the race...they sound great for my other aggressive trail rides though...

the WWLTs sound great for the race, but overkill for anything else i ride...

bummer...but i need to use the right tool for the job...$55 each is steep...i guess i'll just use my 2.3s...

p.s. is there really that much traffic on the XC course???
    Maybe someone else can confirm this, but the website says nothing about separating classes at the start by age group - that would put over 80 people in my wave alone (beginner). This is gonna be nuts.

I'm looking forward to it

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Ebo
    I've got one if you don't turn up anything. I live out in Clayton.
    If it's a Team FR tire with the Inner Peace sidewall, I'll take it. I sent ya a PM - just lemme know how much you want for it.

Ebo
    mtbr member
    Dec 2003
    Pm back at ya...