roz
    mtbr member
    Mar 2014

Looking for someone who can show me around Fremont Older

Hey everyone, I was wondering if anyone would gladly show a beginner around Fremont Older this coming monday. I'm not in that good of shape and I ride a pretty heavy bike(Surly Krampus) so expect that I'm gonna be slow.

Thanks in advance.

mtbr member
    Dec 2006
    I would suggest parking on Prospect road, right past the rail road tracks and intersection with Stelling. Bike up the Prospect road from there until you hit the small parking lot next to the Saratoga Country Club's golf course 5th hole green. You can get a map there and will have to go up Cora Older trail. I suggest you do the Seven Springs loop. If you're up to it, climb to Maisie's Peak for the view, but some trails are pretty steep for a beginner on a heavy bike. Have fun! J.L.
    Also known as Menso's dad.

roz
    mtbr member
    Mar 2014
    Hello Menso's dad. I've seen Menso around Cal Poly and at a Wheelmen meeting a few years ago, but never really got to meet him personally.
    Anyways, I parked at the small parking lot on Prospect road right by the trail entrance. I did the seven springs loop and went down Ranch Road(which I shouldn't have, because this isn't part of the loop I was trying to do) and went back up to get back to the parking lot. It was pretty short, but I got pretty lost and didn't know where to go. Will check the trail out again soon though. That was pretty fun!

mtbr member
    Dec 2006
    My wife and I rode there as well today. Around 7:30pm. Glad you had a good time and apparently found your way out of the Fremont Older maze. If you can get lost there, I would advise against exploring El Corte de Madera or the 1000 acre woods on your own.
    Also known as Menso's dad.

Junior flyer
    Jun 2010
    Don't feel bad about getting lost there. Like most places, it can be confusing the first few times! I've only ridden there a handful of times, but I could (possibly) give you a decent tour there next Monday or whenever you're free. Shoot me a pm...
    Why?

Because we like the taste of freedom; because we like the smell of danger. ~ E. Abbey