mtbr member
    Mar 2008

Looking for rookie riding partner Fremont Older to Half Moon Bay

Heading out there this morning, starting back at riding again after a long lay off from ACL surgery. I watched a video on youtube that inspired me to train to ride from FO to Half Moon Bay using the trails and some rd. Not doing that today but a journey to take this coming summer. I am looking for a riding partner or partners in the same shape as me, new or been off for awhile that would be interested in training for this ride together. I do not drink beer or any other spirits nor do I indulge in cannabis, but I love me a burrito.
    Last edited by rayray2316; 11-27-2012 at 03:04 PM. Reason: To simplify looking for riding partner

mtbr member
    I did this years ago on Thanksgiving day from my San Jose home to my Sister in laws in Pacifica, Routed through Fremont Older, though a number of OSP's along Skyline, ending at the bottom Purissma creek over to the bluffs along the Ocean, and climbing over Montara Mountain. Timed it perfectly to arrive for dinner and was so hungry dreaming of that turkey big time as I topped out on that last climb, got to the house to find them drunk & finally getting around to just putting the Turkey in, had to go to Safeway deli to get a big sandwich to hold me over, I was BUMMED!

Not really interested in doing it again, but you should have fun planning & doing it!
    Go get that KOM "You Deserve" - http://www.digitalepo.com/index.php

mtbr member
    Oct 2010
    whats your route going to be? just glancing at a map it seems basically when you can ride dirt pretty much to the end of Windy Hill OSP and then your on the dirt until ECDM and then Pursima Creek.

Have fun, that sounds long, very long.

mtbr member
    Mar 2008
    Fremont older up and over to ride rd. to Canyon Trail, Grizzly Flats, to across 35 turn left to Horse shoe lake, from there I need to look at the map. I have never rode beyond the lake other than crossing back over and catching the near top of Canyon Trail. Like I said this ride is for next summer, believe me not in the near future.

mtbr member
    Mar 2008
    I just edited the title so as to hopefully get a riding partner to train with to do this ride.

Wēk Ss
    I might be interested, but time constraints are a big issue for me (work and family). What type of training regimen are you talking about?

mtbr member
    Mar 2008
    Just getting together and riding, I am coming off injury and want to work my way back to riding. Eventually next summer have the strength and endurance to do this ride. I to have constraints commitments, I ride on sat. and 1 time during the week for now. If your interested I am open to trails, and days of the week. just not wed. or thurs. nite

Wēk Ss
    Sounds good. The remainder of the year is more or less shot for me (and the weather is not helping), but starting next year would be good. I usually try to ride 1x per week during the winter. I can't really ride weekdays until the days get longer, due to work.

I tend to favor trails, but have set an informal goal to train up for road centuries (which will help with this). I have bought a CX bike for this purpose (long trail+road rides), but gearing is not optimal for me.

Fremont Older to HMB is a huge ride, especially if tackling Purisima. I've done FO to OSP before, and that took a very long time.

Ping me in the new year.

Puro Vida!
    You should come ride on Sundays with us-Team Social Pace. Lots of different levels of riders at times from rookie to guys who race-I think it's good to ride with people a bit faster than you-helps push you when otherwise you'd probably just ride and not get any faster or stronger as quick. I think riding with these guys has helped me and most are very patient and just want to see people have fun on a bike. Where are you looking to ride to train? Are you going to mix it up between road riding and dirt? Sounds like a cool goal-I may be interested as well. Is this a all day ride and then drive back?

mtbr member
    Mar 2008
    You got it, I will hit you up then.