mtbr member
    May 2013

Looking for the best trails!

I am looking for the must ride trails within say around 3 or so hours from Redding. I am looking at places like Downieville and Mt. Shasta but I am fairly new to the area and am looking to find nice all around trails. I like pretty much any sort of riding aslong as it doesn't involve much pavement. I am mainly fond of downhill and flowing single tracks with a bit of difficulty but if I am on a slower trail with a nice view I will not complain. Just looking for some input because I have a short week off between jobs and am looking to get as much riding on trails i don't normally have time to get to in!

mtbr member
    Feb 2007
    I have never ridden there, but Whiskeytown is a mountain bike classic.

Whiskeytown All Other Areas Trail Reviews

mtbr member
    May 2005
    If you want to get out of Redding you're looking at Tahoe and Ashland as the most popular destinations. Mendocino is good from what I hear. 3 hours outside of Redding includes a TON of awesome riding so we could go on all day here.

mtbr member
    Go to Ashland OR and hook up with these guys: Ashland Mountain Adventures 5000 ft shuttle descents down crazy flowy trails. Or Tahoe is awesome too. Northstar for techy downhill trails. Befriend Tahoe locals if you want more of the good stuff.

mtbr member
    May 2013
    I looked into Ashland and i think that going to be a good weekend ride for me, the shuttles run on the weekend. I think I amm going to try the entertainer at Mt. Shasta tomorrow. I have a general idea of where the trail starts but was wondering if anyone has a good place that they know is a good place to start? I hear its a fun trail. Anybody been up there lately?