• 10-12-2011
    fc
    Carpe humus!
  • 10-12-2011
    S/X Runner
    Broncstad,

    Great looking dog. How's your bike holding up? Anymore thought on a second bike to keep the wear to a minimum on the Rip?
  • 10-12-2011
    Broncstad
    I want another bike super bad. Single speed 29er. Searching/waiting for super good deal or free would be nice and affordable.
  • 10-12-2011
    S/X Runner
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by Broncstad View Post
    free would be nice and affordable.

    I'll take one also.
  • 10-15-2011
    fc
    4 Attachment(s)
    I did not ride yesterday. I went to SLO. I had A+ coffee, D- beer and did some light testing.

    fc
  • 10-17-2011
    fc
    2 Attachment(s)
    These are from a Skeggs post ride.

    Note that there is a new wave of cell phone camera photos coming. No longer will we have to apologize for the 'crappy cell phone pics'.

    Apple 3G camera
    Apple 4s camera under the same conditions.

    fc
  • 10-17-2011
    S/X Runner
    ummm, WOW!! I want!!
  • 10-17-2011
    Broncstad
    5 Attachment(s)
    Oat hill...Attachment 647353
  • 10-18-2011
    Broncstad
    1 Attachment(s)
    Annadale today and tomorrow will be 1st time at demo soquel!!Attachment 647478
  • 10-18-2011
    modbog
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by francois View Post
    These are from a Skeggs post ride.

    Note that there is a new wave of cell phone camera photos coming. No longer will we have to apologize for the 'crappy cell phone pics'.

    Apple 3G camera
    Apple 4s camera under the same conditions.

    fc

    it's the camera man, clearly. ;)

    Quote:

    Originally Posted by Broncstad View Post
    Annadale today and tomorrow will be 1st time at demo soquel!!Attachment 647478

    dude, you own this thread. :thumbsup:
  • 10-19-2011
    Broncstad
    1 Attachment(s)
    Finally 1st timer already did sawpitAttachment 647618
  • 10-19-2011
    StuLax18
    Nice!
  • 10-19-2011
    Broncstad
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by Broncstad View Post
    Finally 1st timer already did sawpitAttachment 647618

    Very fun to get a change in trails. Demo is like my trails just steeper. First timer did sawpit and Braille. Killer ride!!
  • 10-20-2011
    S/X Runner
    Broncstad,

    One day I gotta get out there with you guys. Maybe, just maybe I can get in one of those pics or your Rip9.
  • 10-20-2011
    Broncstad
    2 Attachment(s)
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by S/X Runner View Post
    Broncstad,

    One day I gotta get out there with you guys. Maybe, just maybe I can get in one of those pics or your Rip9.

    Long ass drive for me especially when I have great trails here, but everyone has to go to demo soquel. A mountain biker must!!! This isn't live but was taken yesterday on 1st timer demo ride
    Attachment 647729
  • 10-20-2011
    S/X Runner
    Where are out of?
  • 10-20-2011
    fc
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by S/X Runner View Post
    Where are out of?


    What's up Sean, you hit any good trails yet? You ready to hit the South Bay hero dirt with me?

    fc
  • 10-20-2011
    S/X Runner
    FC,

    I've only been doing China Camp. It's all I know, kinda intimidated by the south bay trails as I have no clue where I'm going. I'm still having a hell-of-a time with Mission Peak. One day it will be conquered!!

    I'm sooo down to go out with you and your boy. I'd actually love to see what a normal pace is and if I can keep up. I'm literally clueless on what is what in terms of trails down there in the South Bay.
  • 10-20-2011
    ehigh
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by francois View Post
    I did not ride yesterday. I went to SLO. I had A+ coffee, D- beer and did some light testing.

    fc

    Happen to ride any of our dusty trails?

    Not necessarily hero dirt right now..
  • 10-20-2011
    fc
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by S/X Runner View Post
    FC,

    I've only been doing China Camp. It's all I know, kinda intimidated by the south bay trails as I have no clue where I'm going. I'm still having a hell-of-a time with Mission Peak. One day it will be conquered!!

    I'm sooo down to go out with you and your boy. I'd actually love to see what a normal pace is and if I can keep up. I'm literally clueless on what is what in terms of trails down there in the South Bay.

    Ok, we'll set it up. With my kid, I guarantee A+ rides only since this is his gateway drug to a cycling lifestyle.

    All singletrack downhill!!! Then I buy him a pack of baseball cards if his climbing exceeds 1000 feet. All gradual grades and slow pace though.

    fc
  • 10-20-2011
    fc
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by ehigh View Post
    Happen to ride any of our dusty trails?

    Not necessarily hero dirt right now..

    Nope. Rocky trails can get dusty??

    I did have tri-tip at Firestone though.

    fc
  • 10-20-2011
    S/X Runner
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by francois View Post
    Ok, we'll set it up. With my kid, I guarantee A+ rides only since this is his gateway drug to a cycling lifestyle.

    All singletrack downhill!!! Then I buy him a pack of baseball cards if his climbing exceeds 1000 feet. All gradual grades and slow pace though.

    fc

    Sounds perfect!

    ...can we drop off your boy after the ride and grab some fine craft brews?
  • 10-20-2011
    fc
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by S/X Runner View Post
    Sounds perfect!

    ...can we drop off your boy after the ride and grab some fine craft brews?

    We'll have a beer and RC session in my backyard.

    fc
  • 10-20-2011
    S/X Runner
    ...my wife says no more RC. I guess I'll have to sneak some rc'ing in. :)
  • 10-20-2011
    Broncstad
    1 Attachment(s)
    Back to realityAttachment 647788
  • 10-20-2011
    Broncstad
    1 Attachment(s)
    Upload problemsAttachment 647790
    This is where I dab every time. Still can't clean it!
  • 10-22-2011
    savagemann
    1 Attachment(s)
    Great way to finish a ride.


    Sent from my SCH-I510 using Tapatalk
  • 10-22-2011
    Broncstad
    2 Attachment(s)
    More live oaty Attachment 648241
  • 10-22-2011
    StuLax18
    1 Attachment(s)
    Couldn't post live since coverage is spotty, but this is while I was ascending Sulphur Springs at Demo. Fall is clearly here!
  • 10-22-2011
    Broncstad
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by StuLax18 View Post
    Couldn't post live since coverage is spotty, but this is while I was ascending Sulphur Springs at Demo. Fall is clearly here!

    I climbed that for the first time 3 days ago. I might come do it again next week. That was a fun ride!
  • 10-22-2011
    StuLax18
    Hah it kills me! But I really enjoyed Braille going down. The way I look at it is either way I'm gonna be walking so might as well walk the shortest distance. The ride back up Hihn's was grueling though.
  • 10-25-2011
    Broncstad
    2 Attachment(s)
  • 10-25-2011
    StuLax18
    Where is that?
  • 10-25-2011
    Ryan G.
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by StuLax18 View Post
    Where is that?

    Singletrack paralleling Channel Drive at Annadel. Not sure if has a name, but it is a good warm up and alternative to the road.
  • 10-25-2011
    Broncstad
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by Ryan G. View Post
    Singletrack paralleling Channel Drive at Annadel. Not sure if has a name, but it is a good warm up and alternative to the road.

    Yep killer ride today!! Had iPod malfunction at that point
  • 10-26-2011
    Broncstad
    1 Attachment(s)
  • 10-27-2011
    das recht
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by Captain Cobb View Post
    The Little Bald Hills Trail, outside of Crescent City far norther California. Still as beautiful as I remember it growing up.

    That is a sweet trail.
  • 10-27-2011
    Ryan G.
    1 Attachment(s)
    Short singletrack shakedown through Presidio before some legit trails this weekend.
  • 10-27-2011
    zorg
    Dude, you got gears, what happened? Going soft on us?
  • 10-27-2011
    Broncstad
    2 Attachment(s)
  • 10-27-2011
    Ryan G.
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by zorg View Post
    Dude, you got gears, what happened? Going soft on us?

    Sure am! Only added 9 gears and can go back to ss with a quick wheel change
  • 10-27-2011
    StuLax18
    Love that sticker Broncstad!
  • 10-27-2011
    slide mon
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by Ryan G. View Post
    Short singletrack shakedown through Presidio before some legit trails this weekend.

    Nice!
  • 10-27-2011
    martinizer
    1 Attachment(s)
    The Christmas Valley Downhill burn area. With 2800 ft of climbing to get to the top, my thighs were charred as well.
  • 10-28-2011
    GoingOffRoading
    You guys are killing me... Some of these locations look phenomenal... be sure to add the trail name/location to your pics.
  • 10-29-2011
    Broncstad
    3 Attachment(s)
    Hot air balloonsAttachment 649623
  • 10-29-2011
    StuLax18
    Nice! Where are those hot air balloons?
  • 10-29-2011
    iheartbicycles
    1 Attachment(s)
    Moab
  • 10-29-2011
    StuLax18
    1 Attachment(s)
    Demo helipad
  • 10-29-2011
    morganfletcher
    1 Attachment(s)
    Nick, Matthew and Sam, Sand Ridge Lake, Hole in the Ground trail. Good day!

    Morgan

    Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk
  • 10-29-2011
    Broncstad
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by StuLax18 View Post
    Nice! Where are those hot air balloons?

    Northern napa valley. Calistoga
  • 10-29-2011
    kb2wji
    Hit up Raccoon Mtn. the other day. Taken with a Droid :)

  • 10-30-2011
    iheartbicycles
    1 Attachment(s)
    Blue dot trail, Moab
  • 10-30-2011
    oakhills
    iheart - Very Nice!
  • 10-31-2011
    MisterClean
    2 Attachment(s)
    Quick ride to test the Butcher Control 2.3 from Specialized. This is on the parking lot side of Arastradero. Pictures from a Samsung Focus running Windows
    phone 7.5 (Mango).

    oh, and the Butcher tire rips on the trail and rails in the corners. :thumbsup:
  • 10-31-2011
    StuLax18
    I have the same tire on my front wheel. While I'm not experienced enough to compare to other tires, I have certainly found it to work just fine and definitely no issues with grip.
  • 10-31-2011
    jmilliron
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by kb2wji View Post
    Hit up Raccoon Mtn. the other day. Taken with a Droid :)

    http://i1080.photobucket.com/albums/...f/IMAG0082.jpg

    Immediately recognized that overlook. I've had my photo taken there more then once!
  • 10-31-2011
    Broncstad
    3 Attachment(s)
    Live backside oat hill
    Attachment 650237beasty
    .
  • 10-31-2011
    StuLax18
    I wish the North Bay wasn't so far, because these places all look awesome! I love the openness.
  • 10-31-2011
    iheartbicycles
    1 Attachment(s)
    WG on porcupine.
  • 11-01-2011
    Broncstad
    3 Attachment(s)
    Expensive fruitAttachment 650395
  • 11-01-2011
    Broncstad
    3 Attachment(s)
  • 11-02-2011
    Broncstad
    1 Attachment(s)
    Attachment 650497
    And this morning...
  • 11-02-2011
    Captain Cobb
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by Broncstad View Post
    Attachment 650497
    And this morning...

    Your killin me bro!
  • 11-02-2011
    iheartbicycles
    1 Attachment(s)
    Porc Rim
  • 11-02-2011
    sbd
    This thread is great.

    I have an iPhone and I bought tapatalk, can't figure out how to attach images. When I try and "browse" through safari all of the directories are greyed out...please help this old idiot out!!

    Thanks!
  • 11-02-2011
    sbd
    1 Attachment(s)
    Figured it out, just 18 hours too late to be "live". I will get it right next time!
  • 11-03-2011
    Broncstad
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by sbd View Post
    This thread is great.

    I have an iPhone and I bought tapatalk, can't figure out how to attach images. When I try and "browse" through safari all of the directories are greyed out...please help this old idiot out!!

    Thanks!

    Make sure your signed in. Sounds like your not. Then tap reply at the bottom of your screen. Then in the middle, tap advanced options....
  • 11-03-2011
    sbd
    Thats exactly what the problem was...thanks.
  • 11-03-2011
    mestapho
    From SFART this morning





  • 11-03-2011
    sbd
    1 Attachment(s)
    At the summit about an hour ago. Lass after work ride with no light. It was dark fast!!!
  • 11-05-2011
    StuLax18
    1 Attachment(s)
    Arastradero
  • 11-06-2011
    Ryan G.
    1 Attachment(s)
    Coastal
  • 11-06-2011
    shredchic
    Houghton creek trail - Boggs
  • 11-06-2011
    Captain Cobb
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by shredchic View Post
    Houghton creek trail - Boggs

    I must have just missed you, I was out riding with my kids earlier. A little cold out but the conditions are amazing!
  • 11-06-2011
    shredchic
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by Captain Cobb View Post
    I must have just missed you, I was out riding with my kids earlier. A little cold out but the conditions are amazing!

    Yeah its raining quite hard now, so we are huddling under the kiosk at the helipad! :)
  • 11-06-2011
    slide mon
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by iheartbicycles View Post
    Porc Rim

    Love this shot!

    -slide
  • 11-06-2011
    slide mon
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by Ryan G. View Post
    Coastal

    Nice. Change of plans? Rode coastal a couple weeks ago. That trail is trashed!

    -slide
  • 11-06-2011
    Ryan G.
    Yeah didn't have the motivation to get over to fairfax. The headlands dirt was nice!

    Ryan
  • 11-07-2011
    Broncstad
    2 Attachment(s)
  • 11-07-2011
    Broncstad
    3 Attachment(s)
    Attachment 651855
    Winter trails not ready yet
  • 11-08-2011
    ladodgers
    3 Attachment(s)
  • 11-08-2011
    Broncstad
    1 Attachment(s)
    Attachment 652052
    The nomads first ride
  • 11-08-2011
    MarinRR
    New member here (and new to the Bay Area). I enjoyed seeing all those photos and will hopefully ride on some of these trails soon.
  • 11-08-2011
    jmilliron
    My new Yeti ASR5 Carbon at WaterDog:

  • 11-08-2011
    modbog
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by jmilliron View Post
    My new Yeti ASR5 Carbon at WaterDog:

    you have suspension. when are we going to demo?
  • 11-08-2011
    morganfletcher
    2 Attachment(s)
    Cyclocross singletrack ride at dusk, stolen moments

    Morgan

    Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk
  • 11-08-2011
    tsmithr1
    Mt. Diablo.

  • 11-08-2011
    jmilliron
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by modbog View Post
    you have suspension. when are we going to demo?

    Yes. Dying to get down there.

    Quote:

    Originally Posted by morganfletcher View Post
    Cyclocross singletrack ride at dusk, stolen moments

    Where was this at? Love riding my cross bike on fast trails.
  • 11-09-2011
    mestapho
    Granite Bay lunch time ride
  • 11-09-2011
    morganfletcher
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by jmilliron View Post
    Where was this at? Love riding my cross bike on fast trails.

    That was on the Big Trees trail in Joaquin Miller Park in Oakland, CA, which is a great place for cx riding. A lot of people do cx practice near the Sequoia Arena. (You can see me doing some laps there in this record.)

    Morgan
  • 11-10-2011
    ladodgers
    1 Attachment(s)
  • 11-10-2011
    mestapho
    Darrington today

  • 11-11-2011
    Broncstad
    1 Attachment(s)
  • 11-13-2011
    Broncstad
    1 Attachment(s)
    Morning before football liveAttachment 652944
  • 11-13-2011
    Broncstad
    1 Attachment(s)
  • 11-13-2011
    Broncstad
    1 Attachment(s)
  • 11-13-2011
    JMac47
    Backside OH Mine perhaps?
  • 11-13-2011
    Broncstad
    1 Attachment(s)
  • 11-13-2011
    Broncstad
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by JMac47 View Post
    Backside OH Mine perhaps?

    Front side twice this morning