Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

List your favorite trail in Nor Cal

11K views 109 replies 81 participants last post by  Cameron85 
#1 ·
List your favorite trail in Nor Cal to ride. It can be anywhere from the Bay Area to Truckee and so forth. Mine right now is FHDL but I have alot more exploring to do.

#46 ·
Ok, I live here, so am prejudiced... but have to say, the more I ride here on Montara Mountain, the more I discover the "other" trails, etc., etc., the more I love this place. On a nice day you cannot beat the views (well... TRT has some good views too, but that's fresh water and doesn't count!). On the foggy days you still have the mountain. And, if what I saw at the GGNRA open house comes to fruition, its only going to get better (much better)!

#64 ·
Hole in the Ground for me. After the tough climb you start descending on a really cool spine. Then you just flow through a trail that was built with us in mind. Also the great scenery. The last 1/4 of the ride is pretty awful (juttery staircase, loose rocks, badly marked trail, riding the road back to the car) but it's worth it.

#67 ·
My top 5:

#5: I have to say the Paradise Royale loop is a hoot. It is kind of out of the way for a 13 mile loop though. But the bike park adds some excitement. I can't wait to see the new trails that are being added.

#4: Some of my favorite trails are in SC and surrounding areas, but unfortunately they don't really exist except in the figment of my imagination. And they are far too short.

#3: Whoever said Mt. Elwell is a glutton for punishment :) But for sure, that is definitely one of the most beautiful epic rides in/near D'ville. I'm not too familiar with Lakes Basin trails, but did the IMBA epic route including Mt. Elwell, so that's what I am picturing.

#2: Big Boulder is definitely my favorite trail in Downieville.

#1: Christmas Valley in South Tahoe has got to be my favorite single trail so far, for the rocks and the flow.

Definitely have to check out Forest Hill and the trails around Strawberry.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.