Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

List your favorite trail in Nor Cal

11K views 109 replies 81 participants last post by  Cameron85 
#1 ·
List your favorite trail in Nor Cal to ride. It can be anywhere from the Bay Area to Truckee and so forth. Mine right now is FHDL but I have alot more exploring to do.

#6 · (Edited)
I haven't ridden all that many Norcal trails (yet), but my first thought was Paradise Royale for the entire experience--camping, remoteness, views, main trail, and skills park.

Plus, it's a really cool name!

And, yeah, I guess various D-ville trails for the fun factor would be next on the podium.

Finally, Prairie Creek, because elk are freakin' awesome.

#64 ·
Hole in the Ground for me. After the tough climb you start descending on a really cool spine. Then you just flow through a trail that was built with us in mind. Also the great scenery. The last 1/4 of the ride is pretty awful (juttery staircase, loose rocks, badly marked trail, riding the road back to the car) but it's worth it.

#103 ·
Current favorite is Whittemore Gulch trail in Purisima Creek Redwoods OSP above Half Moon Bay. I like it for the nice flow you can get into while seeing some really great views on the varied terrain. I also like it because it is not technical, which allows me to bring along my daughter or friends new to mountain biking and they get to feel like they are really out there riding.

Attachments

#25 ·
I have only been riding since march but it is my favorite so far. It seems to have everything... Grueling climb, spectacular views, technical rocks, very remote and then you get to descend for 5 miles :D If you hook up with a local it's even better.

#4 ·
********* and ************** and don't forget ********* as for this side of the hill **********

#5 ·
Usually the one I'm currently riding but if you were to nail me down to one particular I'd have to go with 3rd Divide in Downieville. I've ridden it so much it has lost a little luster but when I think about the chills I've gotten riding/racing that trail wide open..

#24 ·
Most of what I ride is a mix of mentionable and not. That said, one benefit of living in SCruz, I can put together a ride from my house that has 6-8 miles of somewhat trails in a small park and maybe 1/2 mile on the road. If I want to put 6-7 miles of road time in (counting the whole ride), UCSC, Wilder, and the like open themselves up.

I'd say, my favorite "trail" are the trails in Santa Cruz because I can just get on my bike and pedal. A big plus when I have to spend time in the car during the week for work.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.