Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Sweat is just fat crying.

Actually...

Quote Originally Posted by J_B
    ...and I swore I saw Marla Streb and she looked pregnant. Maybe it was a gust of wind that made her stomach look like that or a bad angle.
    ...mtnbecky says Marla's about a month away from dropping a kid turd, so your eyes aren't deceiving you.

It could be mine.

fp
    Mountain Biking Is Not A Crime stickers, free! (You pay postage. PM me for details.)

mtbr member

More Pics

1-grrrah not relaxed
    2-impy
    3-pimbot
    4-danger
    5-? sorry
    Attached Images Attached Images
    1man 1gear 1speed

Medium?
    Quote Originally Posted by Finch Platte
    Marked the calendar, but screw the ride- my terlet needs fixin'.
    It'd be cheaper to get a plumber than pay for my beer while I *hic* worked on it.

Fresh squeezed OJ and orange vodka martinis; yum.

mtbr member

More Pics

1-grrrah
    2-minimae
    3-suspicious looking
    4-ryan leech
    5-same

cRaZy aNnDy
    1man 1gear 1speed

Quote Originally Posted by cRasHmAstER
    3-minimae and impy
    I dunno what it is about Imp, but she was stinky. I mean, she was stinky before, but at SO, she radiated stinky. She must be in stinky love.

Yer a stinky man, Al.

fp
    Last edited by Impy; 04-12-2006 at 07:34 PM.
    Mountain Biking Is Not A Crime stickers, free! (You pay postage. PM me for details.)

ol'guy who says hi &waves
    I bumped into Robin Williams, in full Webcor kit, on the SRAM bridge. My 18yr. old daughter was in total shock.

My favorite quote overheard from an 8yr old boy with a group of his buddies on Razor scooters," Hey Brian, why is there so manys bikes here?"

Our Thurs. pre-ride group got to observe one huge bobcat up close and personel with "lunch".

Got razed by a bunch of crazy, falling down drunks near the XC entrance to the track two days in a row.

Got free beer near the XC entrance to the track.

When my wife left early with her car and left an open parking place in front of my fifth wheel trailer someone else parked there blocking me in. I took my time loading up , but after 2 hrs I had a tow truck move it. The local officials wanted to have it towed away. I talked them out of it. If that was your blue Plymouth Voyager van with bike tools on the dash, you owe me a cold beer and a "sorry buddy".
    Last edited by fred-da-trog; 04-10-2006 at 10:48 PM.

I may not have the best of everything, but I have the best everything that matters.

Ewwwwwwwwwww.

Kids making out.

Moderator, can we get this deleted???

fp

bikerbert

Smile Andrew the Lapierre Wrench

During my Beginner ST race, my front der was trashed from the mud and the back wasn't shifting either. I had to do the whole race in the big ring and 3rd click up in the back. I thought I was destined to buy a new drive train.

Andrew the Lapierre wrench was staying next to my wife and I at our hotel. We came across him the morning of my race bringing a team issue FDJeux bike out of his room. He let us "play" with it for about 10 mins. Later on that day we saw him washing the team bikes after the day's racing.

He spent about 35 mins talking to us about "bike dork" topics as he put it. When I told him what happened in my race, he told me to bring my bike by, and he'd check it out.

Not only did he clean my bike a little, HE FIXED BOTH DERAILLUERS for a six pack of Bass Ale, bag of pretzels, and a package of Chips Ahoys. They guy wouldn't take the $40 I wanted to give him for his help.

GREAT GUY!

Definitely one of the better memories from the Sea Otter Classic for my wife and I.

J_B
    3056-BigGameHunter
    ...mtnbecky says Marla's about a month away from dropping a kid turd, so your eyes aren't deceiving you.

It could be mine.

fp
    Remember to deny it up until the DNA test.

A few pics....
    1)Chase
    2)Strait
    3&4)Turner/Maxxis
    5)My son, Koji
    Last edited by J_B; 10-18-2006 at 04:08 PM.
    PipeHittersUnion

e.thirteen,EVOMO,IntenseCycles,Maxxis,ODI,SDG,661

J_B
    3056-BigGameHunter
    My wife, Joanna and son Koji
    Last edited by J_B; 10-18-2006 at 04:08 PM.
    PipeHittersUnion

e.thirteen,EVOMO,IntenseCycles,Maxxis,ODI,SDG,661

mtbr member

... and if we just ...

I had a blast, first time goin' there! I went with two goals in mind:
    1. Demo a Santa Cruz Heckler. Been wanting one for years and finally now have the cash.
    2. Walk the famous Laguna Seca corkscrew. Always been my favorite race course, and I know all the turns by heart from video games and watching races, but I've never set foot on the tarmac.

Goal number one was foiled by a dismissive SC rep, saying they weren't demoing bikes because of the rain. Ummm, what?
    So I walked around a bit looking for other bikes to try out. Was tempted by the Intense tent, but ended up trying a Yeti 575. The Yeti guy was very friendly and very cool. Answering all my silly questions about shock setup, etc. Convinced my pops to try one with me. So we took off on the bikes and looked around for an entrance to the track to fulfill goal #2.
    Found one right around turn 5 and headed up the hill. First thing I noticed was how narrow the course was! Don't know how you'd find space to pass in most sections, especially the straight after turn 6, up the hill to the corkscrew. The blind crest at the top is rubbed pitch black from tires, I suppose where most folks begin their serious braking for the corkscrew. I, however, didn't need to brake so much. Even with the propedal on the rp3 my Yeti was equipped with, I was breathing hard at the top and wishing for my hardtail. Full squishies aren't meant for race tracks I suppose. What a shame.
    The Yeti actually felt great. I wasn't big on the dual control shifters/brake levers mine had on it, but the xt brakes rocked and the geometry of the frame was spot-on.
    Anyhoo back to the corkscrew story. I flew down it with a big smile on my face, trying to imagine what it might feel like at 50+mph. We stopped at a gate blocking off a section for the beginning of the xc races. The Specialized Angel girl was just climbing atop their van to blow kisses to the riders in the upcoming race. We were just in time to see the start--It was fun seeing everybody sprint up the course and then off onto the trail, with this ridiculous angel lady blowing kisses at them.
    After that I had my dad take a few pictures of me coming down the corkscrew. Maybe later I'll photoshop in some motogp bikes alongside me.

34N 118W

L'otter

Uncle
    A ha, Andy is THE Heckler giving us preriders the biz on Saturday. I caught his wrath twice on Saturday afternoon; he seemed really fond of my "capris," so I decided it was best to keep my distance.
    Eat, ride, eat, rest, repeat.

Obi
    mtbr member

Idea! I recognize him...

1-grrrah not relaxed
    2-impy
    3-pimbot
    4-danger
    5-? sorry
    Best part revisited:Me thinks that be a Trog in the fifth shot.(Fred) Another fun part of being there, meeting the Trogs.

Worst part:(maybe best since nobody had to bear witness to it) hurling in the grass on the uphill side of Trail 47 on the SingleSpeed Social Saturday. We'd(the wife and I) tried out the CytoMax Muscle Recovery drink just 30 minutes before I headed out on the ride(she felt sick from it and bowed out). I know better than to do something stupid like that, don't know why I did it, maybe the sun got to me after it raining for so long. Lesson learned for sure, never try out "Something New to me" before a ride.

Best/Worst part:

[SIZE="4"]
    This...[/SIZE]
    Last edited by Obi; 04-11-2006 at 07:12 PM.
    You have given out too much Positive Reputation in the last 24 hours, try again later.
    Awesome!

mtbr member
    best part: Free red bull at fox booth (i'm 12 so no beer for me)
    Watching ryan leech and riding kirt Voreis's nomad

Funny story: So i was with my friend and he wanted to buy a camelbak so we went to the camelbak booth to get on of those 15% off cupons because they said they dont sell camelbaks but they sent us to cambria bike outfitters and They had a mule on sale for 80 bucks and when we brought it to the register they said it was already marked down and we thought this guy was full of sheet so we went back to camelbak and asked the regular price of a mule and it was 80 bucks and 15 percent of 80 is 11 and 80-11=79 and then the camelbak guys went to CBO To "have a talk" aparrently and we left after that so i dont know how it ended.

The best thing I got was probably a big bottle of flat attack tire sealant for free and about 5 waterbottles and 12 pounds of stickers and a buncha poseters but the very best thing was the FOAM FINGER OHHHHH YEAHHHH.

I was expecting 60 times more from the mtb ride zone , it sucked there was like 1 jump and some skinnys and 2 berms and some pumps that sucked

The downhill was gnarly because of all the mud, it looked gnarly to me at least

were u allowed to ride down the stairs on the bridges over laguna seca?
    i saw some people doing it and i did it once but mostly people walked even the people with the big downhill bikes, i kinda whouldve expected those ppl to ride the stairz cuz nobody was getting in trouble.

My favorite booth was the Fox racing booth
    Last edited by Chameleonman; 04-11-2006 at 08:12 PM.
    If you can't respect that your whole perspective is wack
    Maybe you'll love me when i fade to black
    - Jay-Z

Master of '80s BMX tricks

Mucky Duck bar on friday nite!

I guess this qualifies and "Off Campus"
    My biking budies and I went to 'The Mucky Duck" in Seaside on Friday nite and were treated to a little impromptu trials riding show in the bar's patio. enjoy the video.
    http://mat.blackenedangel.com/vid/Mucky_Duck.MOV (7MB quicktime)
    FYI- he's hopping around on a ~2ft. high tiled fireplace with a decent blaze goin in case you can't tell.
    Definitely one of many Sea Otter High-points.
    ME

Flyin Canine
    Quote Originally Posted by J_B
    My wife, Joanna and son Koji
    Hey JB, looks liek you had a good time. That Poished highline is sick. Seeing Kyles arms reminds me why I'm going to the gym tonight. Your kid is adorable.

ballbuster
    3-pimbot
    Nice Tits!

Feeling a little taller
    Nice pic of me - any chance I can get it in hi res email style?
    There are no stupid questions but there are A LOT of inquisitive idiots.

Bicycle Trails Council of the East Bay

ol'guy who says hi &waves
    Quote Originally Posted by obionespeedonly
    Best part revisited:Me thinks that be a Trog in the fifth shot.(Fred) Another fun part of being there, meeting the Trogs.

I wish I was that good looking. That's Paul of mtbr.com fame. That was the first time I've seen him with gears.

Just the same, it was nice meeting and working with you and the Mrs.

You, too, can be a TROG. http://trogspace.com Scroll down the left side banner to "suscribe to trogs" and come ride.

I may not have the best of everything, but I have the best everything that matters.

pewpewpew Moderator
    Some "best" of otter moments:

Seeing a dog with at least 7 stickers on it, one of which was a MTBR one

Seeing long lost trogs! Well some of ya at least, not all reprezented this year

Learning that David Hasselhoff is much funnier than I had previously thought.

Don't snap my cranks big guy!

Kidz, don't try this at home
    Love, Impy

Quote Originally Posted by Impy
    If it was a Golden Retriever (I think- Irish Setter??), I did that- slapped a stickie on its butt while the owners laughed. Guess I started a trend, eh?

fp

pewpewpew Moderator
    If it was a Golden Retriever (I think- Irish Setter??), I did that- slapped a stickie on its butt while the owners laughed. Guess I started a trend, eh?

fp

Yes it was the retriever! Lil' guy got sticker spammed.
    Love, Impy

Re: da pee em

Impy has exceeded their stored private messages quota and can not accept further messages until they clear some space
    fp

WTF?

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Impy
    Some "best" of otter moments:

Seeing long lost trogs! Well some of ya at least, not all reprezented this year

Learning that David Hasselhoff is much funnier than I had previously thought.

Kidz, don't try this at home
    For those that were there..... POST OF THE YEAR!!!!

-I got to see that dog too! Cute as can be.
    -The Lost Trogs..... always great to see them. Always smiling and always helping out. Great people.
    -David....that's not funny.
    -Best photo caption! Winner Winner Winner!!!!!
    Always preach the Gospel; even if you need to use words.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast