mtbr member

Lebron James needs to start riding with Reggie Miller

Saw these 2 articles recently and figured we needed a couple puff pieces after all this bad news. Not really a big sports guy, but I think it's pretty cool when mainstream audience sees this and hopefully it helps with some of the negativity out there.

I had heard Reggie Miller was pretty into riding, but had never heard about Lebron James - in some ways it's pretty cool that he still rides an old Cannondale despite being richer than a small nation. How do these guys find a frame that fits them if even Griz can't find one big enough!

https://www.wsj.com/articles/the-leb...les-1533561787

https://www.bicycling.com/culture/a1...untain-biking/

Uncle
    RM31 has money, free-time, and endless competitive juices flowing. He will be winning races before long if he's not already.

Had the same thought regarding LBJ's choice of ride: BB7s! Warriors guard Shaun Livingston rides to practices often. Used to see former center Adonal Foyle riding to Berkeley High to run on the track - always a big smile and wave when en route.

I think most of those guys get custom bikes built eventually:
    https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CxQ5jrvUQAAHyFo.jpg

mtbr member
    Reggie Miller is super into mountain bikes. One of my favorite players too.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by skyno View Post
    Saw these 2 articles recently and figured we needed a couple puff pieces after all this bad news. Not really a big sports guy, but I think it's pretty cool when mainstream audience sees this and hopefully it helps with some of the negativity out there.

I had heard Reggie Miller was pretty into riding, but had never heard about Lebron James - in some ways it's pretty cool that he still rides an old Cannondale despite being richer than a small nation. How do these guys find a frame that fits them if even Griz can't find one big enough!

Nice post!
    On MTBR, the reputation is infamous.

since 4/10/2009
    I loved Reggie Miller when he was playing for the Pacers. Don't really give a rip about basketball anymore, but love to hear about pro athletes who are passionate about bikes, too. There are quite a few, if you dig down enough.

I used to work for a couple shops that would get visits from various pro athletes. Helped a few myself. Some active, some retired. Some super passionate riders. Some who just like to roll with family.

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

mtbr member
    I met Bill Walton on a century ride a free years ago. That bike is incredible to see in person as he is when flying down the road.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

mtbr member
    From a ton of years ago that Cannondale 😳Cyclelicious » Shaquille O’Neal’s new 36 inch bicycle was designed in Santa Cruz thought this was crazy.

Moderator Moderator
    Lebron shouldn't do anything outside basketball that could cause an injury, until he retires.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by 5k bike 50cent legs View Post
    Lebron shouldn't do anything outside basketball that could cause an injury, until he retires.
    And he shouldnt retire until he can play with his son and bring a championship back to LA. #GOAT #jk #MJwillAlwaysBeTheGoat #23

Moderator Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by RBoardman View Post
    And he shouldnt retire until he can play with his son and bring a championship back to LA. #GOAT #jk #MJwillAlwaysBeTheGoat #23
    #MJwillAlwaysBeTheGoat that I can agree with! And not just because I went to the same college.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by dchester View Post
    From a ton of years ago that Cannondale 😳Cyclelicious » Shaquille O’Neal’s new 36 inch bicycle was designed in Santa Cruz thought this was crazy.
    That build is insane!

mtbr member
    Lebron's bike has to be around 20 years old. Someone needs to put him in a modern day ripper. I'm guessing he can afford it.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by RBoardman View Post
    Reggie Miller is super into mountain bikes. One of my favorite players too.

Is that potatoe mountain? Looks familiar.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Trail Gnome
    Quote Originally Posted by skyno View Post

Ive heard of Lebron but, I have no idea who Reggie Miller is? I assume hes a round ball guy, seeing how he looks like the jolly green giant. BTW, theres no way an XL Santa Cruz fits him properly...Im 61 and Im on an XL

since 4/10/2009
    Reggie was the shit in the 90s.

https://youtu.be/_kgAwHPjLj8
    Quote Originally Posted by griz View Post
    Ive heard of Lebron but, I have no idea who Reggie Miller is? I assume hes a round ball guy, seeing how he looks like the jolly green giant. BTW, theres no way an XL Santa Cruz fits him properly...Im 61 and Im on an XL
    Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

Uncle
    Quote Originally Posted by griz View Post
    BTW, theres no way an XL Santa Cruz fits him properly...Im 61 and Im on an XL
    I was thinking the same thing, though a long stem and set back post might do what it takes for his cross country racing needs.