Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

Late Season TRT Scenery....

1K views 12 replies 6 participants last post by  cohenfive 
#1 ·
It was a mob scene on the TRT today, many more people than I have ever seen there before. We did an out and back from Mt Rose meadows, 20 miles in total going past Tunnel Creek to climb another 500+ ft vertical before we ran out of time and turned back. Cold and windy, and some clouds rolled in late in the ride....actually saw a few flakes as I was loading up the car. No action shots here, just some scenery from this late season ride...

It was a bit muddy/snowy coming through the woods near the meadows..

Washoe Lake, nice clouds...

I have to ride this??

Just some pretty mountain views...

View of Tahoe later in the day, colder and windier...

Mt Rose Meadows, nice clouds...

See less See more
#2 ·
awesome, im in south lake right now, my gf and i are going to ride some easy trails out here this weekend. shes the just getting over the flu and still isnt 100 percent, but we had to make it out with our bikes before the snow comes and its snowboarding season.

#6 ·
Was a amazing day. 36 and drizzle in Truckee this morning. Cohenfive, was you with the big group coming back towards the meadows about 2:30? I was with my 9 year old on the red santa cruz.

#7 ·
No, I was with one other buddy, and he was way ahead of me the entire 20 miles..I didn't see you guys, or maybe I had my head down on the way back. Heading back to the meadows always takes a lot out of me, I wish they had made the 'out' the uphill....:)

#8 ·
thanks for the pics! i love riding in tahoe.

i did an out and back yesterday in SLT: cold creek > high meadow > star lake > freel pass. it was super fun. left my camera in the car so no pics. :(

while climbing cold creek, the crunching of pine needles under my tires gave way to the crunching of thin ice coating the mud puddles which then gave way to the crunching of slush and snow as i approached high meadow.

portions of the star lake connector trail were covered in snow, but the snow was relatively grippy and easy to ride.

the view of star lake with freel peak and the surrounding peaks dusted in snow was especially beautiful.

the TRT from star lake to freel pass was mostly covered in snow and it was hike a bike for 90% of the ~ 2 mile climb. descending the snowy path was easier and i was able to ride ~ 90% of the way back to star lake.

saw a few bikers and hikers, but not crazy crowded at all. what a great day! :)

#11 ·
Thanks J-C. You will likely have better conditions next week, although it was fun to feel like it was the last ride of the season up there. I had done a nice, fun 2 hr ride on the Reno side Friday afternoon as well. Plan was to do another Reno side ride Sunday early, but I had to get home due to some family stuff.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.