Page 1 of 19 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... LastLast
    mtb57jim

Lake Oroville Biking Buddie's

Ok someone from VA was wonding why I have a Thread in All Mountain for a Monday Night Oroville Rides instead of The Cali.-Norcal so I thought Ok, that makes sense, I should start a New Thread in Calif-Norcal for the Monday Night Rides not in the AM (All Mountain) so here it is, (I think the reason is I wasn't looking at the right forum.) No wonder I wasn't getting any response from my Monday Night Rider's. Thanks to the guy from Va.
    So if you want to do some Monday Night Riding come on and check this site out. We ride just about every night rain or shine these guy's love to ride. Most of us go to the same church, we Welcome all rider's
    Biker Buddy 57jim
    "We must embrace pain and burn it as fuel for our journey." Kenji Miyazawa

Ride Responsibly
    I was wondering why the Oroville thread was lagging.
    Anybody going to the IMBA TCC in Downieville next weekend?

mtb57jim
    Not me, I think some are heading to Bullards Bar for a ride Sat, Mike M sent me the a email about it looks very good
    Biker Buddy 57jim

Ride Responsibly
    have you signed up yet for the 24 Hours of Gold ?

mtb57jim
    Not sign up for ride will help
    Biker Buddy 57jim

Vegan Athlete
    Are atheists welcome to ride? I just moved to Chico and have been riding Bidwell Park pretty consistantly. I understand that Bidwell gets closed when it rains too much and I hear great things about the Oroville trails.
    Take a look at and consider "liking" my Vegan Athlete Facebook page.

mtb57jim
    You come on out we ride with all, We're heading to Bullards Bar geart single tracks. Leaving at 7:00am from Lakeside Market. Car pool over, We get back to Oroville if all goes well around 1:00 or 1:30 all rides are from a scale of 4 to 10 "Some walk it, Some ride it' We ride to ride again.
    Biker Buddy 57jim

Ride Responsibly
    Quote Originally Posted by mtb57jim
    Not sign up for ride will help
    THANK YOU!
    We will need help at the lap counting desk, food serving, course marshals, course marking, registration. All of this is pretty simple, but many hands help spread the load and keep it fun for the organizers as well as the riders.
    Since there is a major horse event the weekend prior to our event, we may need to clean up the trails. Maybe the Tuesday and Thursday rides could push some poop off the trails?

mtb57jim
    Ok I'll check my work schule to see when I can be there and let you know
    Biker Buddy 57jim

mtb57jim
    Ride On! Monday Night Ride will start at the cul-de-sac at the Dam 6:00pm leaving at 6:05 like that's going to happen. Out to the end of North Arm with the Range Rover Trail on the way back, have your lights ready to shine "This little light of mine I'm going to let it shine da da da da da"
    Biker Buddy 57jim

mtbr member
    Feb 2009

Sunday Ride

I am leaving from the cul-de-sac Sunday at 1 pm for a ride. Potters or North Fork?

Mike

mtbr member
    Feb 2009
    Ride Sunday afternoon? I am leaving from the cul-de-sac Sunday at 1 pm for a ride. Potters or North Fork?

Mike

Ride Responsibly
    I'll try

mtb57jim
    Ok Monday Night Biking Buddie's
    LWright needs help with the 24hr Gold 11/14-15 thats coming up soon he has the site that you can contact him let,s give it a try. I'll find out what Sat. I work if it's not the 14th I'll be there if it works out
    Biker Buddy 57jim

mtb57jim
    Hey! Mike H. What about a ride Wed. Night say meet 6:00pm up by The Visitor Center? Call our let me know or mtbr
    Biker Buddy 57jim

mtbr member
    Nov 2006
    Hey guys. I live in the bay area, however my grandparents live in gridley and my aunt live in oroville. I'll be there over thanksgiving. I would like to spend some time up in the trails in the area and would like some poeple to ride with. anyone open for a ride thanksgiving weekend?

mtbr member
    Feb 2009

Thanksgiving Weekend

Nice to hear from you. I will be here on Thanksgiving weekend and plan to get in a ride on Saturday and/or Sunday. When we ride it is usually about 1 to 2 hours.

I am not the best rider around here maybe an intermediate rider, slow but steady uphill but make up for it on the downhills. Our rides are not technical, most trails are footpaths and there is a fair amount of ups and downs. Pick a day and approximate time and I can get an e-mail out and possibly get a small group.

So, if you want to ride you can reach me during the day at 530-538-7639 or at home at 530-533-3575 or e-mail to mlmorgan@buttecounty.net.

Mike

mtbr member
    Nov 2006
    sweet. ill bring my hardtail instead of my freeride bike. I'll give you a call closer to thanksgiving.

mtb57jim
    Great bring your night lights it's very dark out on the trails. We had a 16mile ride last Monday a bit longer then normal most of the time it's a 10 or so. I/ll be watching the site.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Lake Oroville Biking Buddie's-monday-night-ride-030.jpg  

Biker Buddy 57jim

mtbr member
    Feb 2009

Thanksgiving Ride

Looking forward to hearing from you. We have several trails to pick from and we can ride anytime day or night. We have a cool group here and we ride all year, we have lights for night time rides during the week and rain gear for the wet weather. The only thing missing is windshield wiper blades.

Call when ready,

Mike...................

mtbr member
    Feb 2009

Monday?

Biker Jim, sup for Monday night? Give me a shout or info here and I will run it up the E-Mail chain.

Mike.............................................. ..........................

mtb57jim
    We'll be meeting at the parking lot across from Green Line Bike Shop. It will be a bit harder then last time, We're riding out to the end of the trail to where we are across from the spillway, then over to Gray's Crossing up Spencer Hill, (there is some up hill climbing with switch backs) and down the other side with more switch backs only down hill this time, one of two ways to go back, we'll talk about it after we get down the switch backs. Bring your good lights you will need them for this ride.
    Biker Buddy 57jim

mtbr member
    Feb 2009

... and if we just ... Wednesday Daytime Ride

Itís a Holiday Wednesday and some are off, how about a daytime ride? Letís leave from the cul-deĖsac at 9 am and head for the North Fork. We can go to the bench or all the way to the end, depends on what the group wants.

Last week we saw new tracks going out the North Fork trail, State Parks had unloaded some equipment and it looked like they headed out that way. I wonder if they are working on the North Fork some more, only one way to find out.

The weather calls for rain later in the day Wednesday so we should be high and dry in the morning.

Mike

533-3575.............................................. .................................................. .............

mtbr member
    Feb 2009

... and if we just ... Wednesday Ride

I am posting this again trying to get it at the bottom of the thread. I am still a little green at all this computer stuff. Please bear with me.

Itís a Holiday Wednesday and some are off, how about a daytime ride? Letís leave from the cul-deĖsac at 9 am and head for the North Fork. We can go to the bench or all the way to the end, depends on what the group wants.

Last week we saw new tracks going out the North Fork trail, State Parks had unloaded some equipment and it looked like they headed out that way. I wonder if they are working on the North Fork some more, only one way to find out.

The weather calls for rain later in the day Wednesday so we should be high and dry in the morning.

Mike.............................................. .................................................. ..................

533-3575

mtbr member
    Feb 2009
    Rode North Fork this morning. State Parks has been out there extending the trail. They made great progress probably punched through another quarter mile or so. Ok ride right now but when it rains it will be mondo mud.

Page 1 of 19 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... LastLast