Page 5 of 19 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 15 ... LastLast
    mtb57jim
    Had a great ride Monday Night with the Biking Buddie's, we missed norcalchico I'll send you (norcalchico) my cell # so we can make the connection. The ride was a bit muddy, but it was "Rideable"
    Biker Buddy 57jim
    "We must embrace pain and burn it as fuel for our journey." Kenji Miyazawa

May the Force be with you
    Wish I could have made it over. Got out of work late.Where's the pic's??

mtb57jim
    Ok! that's the spirit, we will Ride On
    Biker Buddy 57jim

mtb57jim
    Here you go I wish I could have got the mud pictures
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Lake Oroville Biking Buddie's-100_1784.jpg  

Lake Oroville Biking Buddie's-100_1790.jpg  

Lake Oroville Biking Buddie's-100_1798.jpg  

Biker Buddy 57jim

mtbr member
    Feb 2009
    Thursday Night Ride..............................................

Here it is Wednesday night already I have been so busy I forgot about getting a Thursday night ride message out until Lori reminded me what day it was.

How about meet at the parking just above the restrooms at the top of the Dam at 6 pm. Ride to the Saddle Dam via the lower route and back on the upper route and up the Man Way?

See you there if you can make it.

Mike

May the Force be with you
    We are planning a group ride Sunday Morning over there. Starting at Burma road.

mtbr member
    Feb 2009
    Sorry for the almost too late info. I just now turned on my computer. If you want to try to make it Jim’s cell is 990-5757. Looks like a Burma Road trail ride

Ready to ride Sat. we will meet at the 7-11 Mkt by the Oroville Ed. building off Table Mt Rd. Meet at 9:00am. This is one of those meet if it's not raining rides so if your traveling from far and it's raining there may not be anyone there.

Mike can you post this to the e-mail list.

Thanks Biking buddy mtb57jim

mtbr member
    Feb 2009
    Monday Night Ride.............................................. ....

This is the ride. Meet at the parking area across the big bridge on the road to Cherokee as we did before. I'm sure there will be a Big Mud Hole in the fenced in area. 6:00 meeting time Monday Night. We'll be riding the going the regular ride up to the graves first than to the rusty bridge. We can make it a bit longer and harder if we want to go across the creek by Burma Falls then climb the hill.

Let's get those battery's charged up it will be dark.

Ride On mtb57jim

mtb57jim
    Ok Ride On before the Big Storm coming in. Meet at the Free Parking Dam Ramp Lot. 6:00 Thursday that's tonight
    Biker Buddy 57jim

mtb57jim
    Well I think The Storm may be started it's raining here in Oroville now (Sunday) but let's meet Monday at the Spill Way Parking Lot 6:00 We'll do the figure 8 ride Up to the cross over to down Dead Cow up and over Killer Hill down Dead Cow and back out thats back out not black out it might be muddy put your hinders on and let's "Ride On"
    Biker Buddy 57jim

mtb57jim
    just thought I would say If you don't have fenders you might look like "MUD MAN"
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Lake Oroville Biking Buddie's-100_1685.jpg  

Biker Buddy 57jim

mtbr member
    Feb 2009
    MONDAY NIGHT RIDE !!

Jim called and said that due to severe weather and mud that he is not going to ride tonight. He wishes to cancel tonight's ride.

Jim will be up at the parking lot at the spillway tonight at 6 pm to catch anyone who does not get the message.

He also said that if a group wanted to go anyway that would be their decision. So, officially the ride is canceled however if anyone wants to try it, go for it.

Mike

mtbr member
    Feb 2009

... and if we just ... Thursday Night Ride

I am thinking there will not be a Thursday night ride. The Weather Channel forecast earlier stated an 80% chance of rain Thursday day and a 90% chance of rain Thursday evening.

The weekend may be our next opportunity to ride. I will pass on any information I get about any rides.

Mike

mtbr member
    Feb 2009
    Any Saturday Rides Planned?

mtb57jim
    Hey Mad Dog get a hold of John Clark
    Biker Buddy 57jim

mtbr member
    Feb 2009
    Monday Night Ride.
    Let’s meet at the Saddle Dam at 6 PM Monday night. There may be rain so gear up and charge your lights. If it’s not raining we can ride around the horse camp area and then back and up towards the Visitor Center.

If it is raining there may be too much mud towards the horse camp then we can ride to the Marina & up to the Visitor Center and back.

Enjoy The Ride, Life is Short!..........

mtbr member
    Feb 2009
    Thursday Night Ride.............................................. ............

For those willing meet at the parking lot above the restrooms at the top of the Dam at 6 pm tomorrow. Ride to Visitor center to the Marina and around Gilligan’s island and back the Man Way. If y’all want a longer ride we could go to the Saddle Dam

Mike

mtbr member
    Feb 2009
    Saturday Ride.............................................. ........
    I see on Face book there is a bunch going on a road ride around the Buttes on Saturday. I don’t want to take away from that ride and I don’t have a road bike but I want to ride.

So if anyone is interested I plan to ride to the North Fork Saturday morning at 9am, meet at the spillway parking area (was still free parking last time I looked.)

Mike

Ride Responsibly
    9am at the spillway it is then.

mtbr member
    Feb 2009
    Saturday it is at the Spillway at 9am.

There is a 40% chance of showers but I betting if there is anything is is light. See you there,

Mike

Ride Responsibly
    Hey Mad Dog Mike,
    I was in Chico today and North Rim had a half dozen nice bikes at closeout $300 to $400 dollars off.

mtbr member
    Feb 2009
    Monday Ride...................................................
    Let’s meet at the Spillway parking lot tomorrow evening at 6 Pm for a ride around the Potters loop and up killer hill. Charge your light below is the latest Weather Channel forecast for tomorrow. Parking is still free at the Spillway ramp parking area. Note it is a 40% chance of showers. Mike
    Mon Feb 1
    Hi 56°F
    Lo 42°F
    Precip
    40 %
    Spectator
    Index
    5 Fair

mtbr member
    Feb 2009

... and if we just ... Thursday Night Ride

Chance of late evening showers per weather channel. Let’s meet at the parking lot above the restrooms at the top of the Dam and head towards the visitor Center and then “to infinity and beyond”.

Charge your lights, see you at 6 PM
    Thu
    Feb 4 PM Showers 56°/47°
    60%

mtbr member
    Feb 2009
    Thursday Night Ride II.................................
    Y’all missed a nice wet one. I rode up and over in a good rain and when I got back to the parking lot from that nice long down hill I felt pretty good. So I decided to ride across the Dam and back.

There was not a car or person in sight, I got out into the middle of the road and headed across the Dam. I started going faster and faster and still felt good. Finally I am on the big ring in the highest gear I can get into and I am flying across the Dam. Just me and some rain, no cars, no people, just the sound of my tires speeding across the asphalt. In no time al all I made it to the other end and, you guessed it, I still felt good and was looking forward to a just as exhilarating ride back across the Dam.

So as I got to the end I started my turn to head back and then, and only then, did I realize that I had been riding with a strong tail wind. I made my turn and there it was the dreaded headwind and a strong one too. I’m heading back and pretty soon I am not on the big ring in the front anymore but I am pushing as hard as if I was. I got another lesson, I realized that there are 2 kinds of rain, there is rain and then there is “face rain”.

You can’t ride and look straight down because you don’t want to crash so when you look forward in a head wind there it is the face rain!

Mike

mtbr member
    Feb 2009
    Monday Night Ride.
    Meet at the parking just above the restrooms at the top of the Dam at 6 PM. We will head up and over, probably take the horse trail to the Saddle Dam, back the lower trail and do the Grand Canyon loop and back up the man way.

Charge your lights, below is the Monday forecast looks dry until really late tomorrow night.

Mike
    Monday Hourly Forecast,
    6 am 40°F, 9 am 45°F, 12 pm 52°F, 3 pm 56°F, 6 pm 52°F, 9 pm 48°F

Page 5 of 19 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 15 ... LastLast