Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    mtbr member
    Feb 2009
    Thursday Ride 4-21-11
    No rain tomorrow at ride time, 64degrees. Sounds like we should meet at the parking above the restrooms at the top of the Dam and make a nice long loop over to the Saddle Dam and on to Loafers Creek area. See you tomorrow at 6 PM.

The greatest snowfall ever in a single storm was 189 inches at the Mount Shasta Ski Bowl in February, 1959. Nearly 50% of all bank robberies take place on Friday.

mtbr member
    Feb 2009
    Monday 4-25-11
    Letís meet at the parking above the restrooms at the top of the Dam Monday at 6 PM. We can pick a route, towards the Visitor Center, across the Dam to the Potters area or down river and back up the south face of the Dam. Chance of showers tomorrow but may clear around ride time.
    Six-year-olds laugh an average of 300 times a day. Adults only laugh 15 to 100 times a day. Laughing lowers levels of stress hormones and strengthens the immune system.

mtbr member
    Feb 2009
    Thursday April 28, 2011.
    Letís meet at the parking above the restrooms at the top of the Dam tomorrow at 6 PM. We can ride down river via the south face of the Dam and do a Garyís crossing, cross the highway and climb out.
    It takes 17 muscles to smile --- 43 to frown. A sneeze can exceed the speed of 100 mph.

mtbr member
    Feb 2009
    Letís meet at the Saddle Dam tomorrow at 6 PM, we will pick a route. Snails can sleep for three years without eating.

Working on my Drops
    Are there any DH trails near oroville? I might be visiting some relatives and wanted to bring my bike.

Ride Responsibly
    There is a "Downhill" course that is a mile and a half, lots of twist and turns, then you ride back up!
    Our trails are cross country for the most part, not much opportunity to leave the ground. We are however only twenty minutes from Chico and Upper Bidwell Park, where there are more options for downhill riding, lots of drop offs.

Working on my Drops
    Thanks. Let me clarify. The bike doesn't have to leave the ground.

I was looking for long flowy fast down hill with easy climbs up to the top. By the way, how far is chico and upper bidwell from oroville?

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by MTBAlex
    Thanks. Let me clarify. The bike doesn't have to leave the ground.

I was looking for long flowy fast down hill with easy climbs up to the top. By the way, how far is chico and upper bidwell from oroville?
    Chico is about 20 minutes from Oroville. If you're after a downhill/shuttle run, take the Hwy 32 exit and head east about another 15 minutes into the foothills. There is a place locally known as "green gate" on the left hand side. Guardian's Trail starts here, and is a killer downhill run although there are some ups/downs and technical riding at the end. I don't think I'd call it "flowy" in any sense of the word...WAY too many rocks, boulders, etc. If you want to ride up AND down, take the East Avenue exit, head east about 5 miles until you see the big roundabout and the "Upper Bidwell Park" sign.

Map from Oroville to Guardian's Trail trailhead aka "green gate": http://ridewithgps.com/routes/393818

Map from Oroville to Upper Bidwell Park (this is known as the "easter cross" parking lot): http://ridewithgps.com/routes/393822

Here's a GPS track coming down from Guardian's and taking a side route onto some land adjacent to the park. It's pretty much a downhill run, although technical and strenuous in several parts. On this ride I think I scabbed on a bit of uphill stuff at the end of the downhill run.

"Got everything you need?"

mtbr member
    Feb 2009
    Not really. There is the down hill from the north side of the dam that was used several tears ago for some down hill races but it is pretty short. Around here it is mostly trails, not technical just nice trails.

Ride Responsibly
    The Oroville trails DO have flow. Dead Cow is particularly exhilarating. North Fork has its moments of pedal free fun, and Bidwell Canyon is fast.
    When I think of "Downhill" I assume terrain best ridden on heavy bikes with six or more inches of duel crown travel. And even Chico sees more "Trail Bikes" or even hardtails than full on downhill rigs.
    Just up the road is Feather Falls Trail, very nice but LOTS of hikers on weekends, they are not conducive to good flow! Chico has its share of hikers but they thin out after the first few miles.

mtbr member
    Feb 2009
    Thursday ride May 5, 2011.
    Letís meet in the parking lot across the street from Greenline Cycle tomorrow at 6 PM. I was thinking of checking out Sycamore Hill.
    Hydrate up, supposed to be 90 degrees tomorrow. In England, the Speaker of the House is not allowed to speak. Hummingbirds cannot walk.

mtbr member
    Feb 2009
    May 9, 2011
    Jim sez letís meet at the cul-de-sac Monday at 6 PM. We will ride the North Fork trail.

Paul Hunn holds the record for the loudest burp, which was 118.1 decibels, which is as loud as a chainsaw. A monkey was once tried and convicted for smoking a cigarette in South Bend, Indiana...........

mtbr member
    Feb 2009
    ...May, 12, 2011 Thursday Ride. Meet at the parking above the restrooms at the top of the Dam tomorrow at 6 PM. I will not be riding tomorrow so you can select a route, towards the Visitor Center and Saddle Dam, down the river or across the Dam to a Potters loop. I will see you on the Monday ride.

The three best-known western names in China: Jesus Christ, Richard Nixon, and Elvis Presley. No piece of paper can be folded in half more than 7 times and more people are killed by donkeys annually than are killed in plane crashes.

mtbr member
    Feb 2009
    .......Saturday Ride May 14, 2011.
    Meet at Lakeside Market Saturday morning at 7:30 for a Bullardís Bar ride. Bring your snacks and water, weather may cool down a bit so maybe layered clothing would work.

Fo mo info call Jim at 990-5757

mtbr member
    Feb 2009
    Monday May 16, 2011
    Letís meet at the diversion pool access tomorrow at 6 PM and ride up to the falls (Burma Road area.) Just off Cherokee Road, park inside the first gate by the road.

A chicken with red earlobes will produce brown eggs, and a chicken with white earlobes will produce white eggs and 2.5 cans of Spam are consumed every second in the United States.

mtbr member
    Feb 2009
    Thursday May 19, 2011
    Letís meet at the parking above the restrooms at the top of the Dam tomorrow at 6 PM. Because of the rain I think the route over to the Saddle Dam may be the least muddy. See you tomorrow at 6.
    There are six million parts in the Boeing 747-400, the first TONKA truck was made in 1947 and some may like to know that Japanese research has concluded that moderate drinking can boost IQ levels.

mtbr member
    Jan 2006

Feather Falls Trail restoration, June 11th

We're headed downstream in search of snow-free landscapes, and hopefully some warmer temperatures, to work on the Feather Falls Trail near Oroville. On June 11th, the Sierra Buttes Trail Stewardship will be partnering up with the Feather River Ranger District and Chico Area Trail Stewardship to help restore the tread on this high-use trail. This is the second organized Trail Daze event with these groups and we got a ton of work done on the first go-around. This second work day will focus our efforts on constructing a wooden crib wall to support a section of tread that is sluffing towards a seasonal creek. There is also a tree that fell and uprooted a big section of tread. We'll be doing some griphoist training on this and reconstructing the tread to meet Forest Service specification. All fun stuff and we hope you'll join us. Thereís on-site camping and weíll provide the food. Read more...

mtbr member
    Feb 2009
    Monday May 23, 2011.
    Meet at the dam above the restroom at 6 PM tomorrow. We'll head over to Saddle Dam take the short route out by the Corrals over to the Camp Ground maybe out to the end of the road then back
    See you there
    mtbrjim
    The palms of your hands and the soles of your feet cannot tan, or grow hair and Cheetahs are the fastest land animal and can reach speeds up to 72mph (maybe they have not seen John on the single speed?)

mtbr member
    Feb 2009
    Thursday Ride
    Due to the rain today letís meet at the restrooms at the top of the Dam tomorrow at 6 PM. No rain forecast for tomorrow sunny and 71 degrees however there may be some mud so letís take the route to Visitor center to Saddle Dam, to Loafer Creek around corals and back.

A giraffe is able to clean its ears with its own tongue, in 1864, A Quebec farmer found a frog inside a hailstone.

mtbr member
    Feb 2009

Thursday Ride May 26, 2011 TOME CHANGE !!!!!!!!!!!!

Letís move our time up one hour to 5 PM to meet at the top of the Dam above the restrooms. Jim Brewer will be road riding so I thought we could meet with the 5 Pm group and ride with them.
    See you at the same place one hour earlier at 5 PM today.

Mike

mtbr member
    Feb 2009
    Saturday May 28, 2011.
    There will be a group meeting Saturday morning at 8 am at the parking above the restrooms at the top of the Dam going out for a ride. They said they will be going over to the Loafer Creek area and making the horseshoe loop.

mtbr member
    Feb 2009
    Monday May 30, 2011.
    Letís meet in the parking lot across from Greenline Cycle and head up river. Jim sez we can do the deer trail up to Sycamore and go up.
    See you tomorrow at 6 PM.
    Pancakes are served for breakfast, lunch and dinner in Australia and Asparagus comes in three colors: green, white and purple.

mtbr member
    Feb 2009
    June 2, 2011
    Letís meet at the cul-de-sac and ride a Potters loop or a crazy eight. See you at 6 PM Thursday at the north side of the Dam.
    Dueling is legal in Paraguay as long as both parties are registered blood donors and in Belgium, there is a museum that is just for strawberries.

mtbr member
    Feb 2009
    I think we need to meet a Saddle Dam, out to Horse Shoe Hill out to the Camp Site and back. Then the Upper Trail to the Camp Ground back via Lower Trail 6:00pm Meet at Saddle Dam Monday.
    Not sure why I put this one inÖ. The words moron, imbecile, and idiot are not interchangeable. The one with the highest level of intelligence is a moron, followed, by an imbecile, and then idiot.

mtbr member
    Feb 2009
    Thursday ride 6-9-11.
    Meet at the parking above the restrooms at the top of the Dam at 5 PM. If the regular 5 PM group is riding we can ride with them if they do not mind. Otherwise we can pick a route for example down the river via the upper trail, cross the highway and do Gary's crossing if the area is open and come back up the south face of the Dam

See you at 5 PM tomorrow.

mtbr member
    Feb 2009
    Meet at the cul-de-sac tomorrow at 6 PM we will ride out the north fork trail. See you Monday at 6 PM

Mike

93% of all greeting cards are purchased by women.

mtbr member
    Feb 2009
    Bullards Bar this Saturday.

Hope ya all can make it. Time and place to meet will be sent soon. Hopefully 0800 at Lakeside market.

Take care, Bill

More info to follow.

mtbr member
    Feb 2009
    Itís on see below, Bullards Bar ride tomorrow. Meeting at Lakeside Market at 8 am.

mtbr member
    Feb 2009
    Monday Ride 6-20-11.
    Let's meet at the Saddle Dam tomorrow 6-20-11 at 6 PM.

mtbr member
    Feb 2009
    Saturday Ride 6-25-11.
    A group will be riding the Feather Falls Trail this Saturday. Meet at the Lakeside Market at 0800. Be sure to bring plenty water and a snack or two.

mtbr member
    Feb 2009
    Monday Ride.
    Monday, Meet at the Cul-de-sac for a crazy 8 ride we might even go to Potters Point for a swim. See everyone there at 6:00 PM
    mtbrjim

mtbr member
    you guys wouldnt happen to be riding thursday or friday? I would love to make it out to one of these rides and scope these trails. Got a few other buddies from Paradise who would also be interested. At this point im ready for some new dirt as ive ridden just about everything Bidwell and POA trails in Magalia have to offer. Thanks

mtbr member
    Feb 2009
    Yes there is a ride every Thursday at 5 PM. The group will meet at the parking area just above the restrooms at the top of the Dam on the south side. They take various trails from there which incloue routes to the Saddle Dam, Loafer Creek, Potters Point the North Fork and routes on the north and south side of the river.
    If you need more information you can call me at 533-3575.
    Mike

mtbr member
    Had a great time riding with you guys. Not sure who is who on this site in regards to who i rode with but everybody was super nice and helpful. Thanks for letting me tag along and hopefully I'll have a couple of other noobies with me next time i venture over to Oroville.

mtbr member
    Feb 2009
    Glad you could make it. I have attached another link where you can go and look at ba calendar og Oroville rides. These are road rides and mountain bike rides and you are welcome to come along on any of these.
    http ://groupspaces . com/LakeOrovilleBicyclistsOrganiza/

Mike

mtbr member
    Feb 2009
    No Monday Ride.
    Hi Mad Dog
    Maybe you can get this out to the biking buddies, No Monday Ride. I feel there might be to many people trying to park at the dam.
    Thanks mtbrjim

mtbr member
    Feb 2009
    Saturday July 9, 2011.
    Meet at the Lake Side Market this Saturday at 8 am for a Bullards Bar Ride.

mtbr member
    Feb 2009
    Thursday Ride 7-7-11.
    Meet at the parking area above the resrerooms at the top of the Dam at 5 PM.

mtbr member
    Feb 2009
    Monday 7-11-11 Ride.
    Monday Night Ride will be meet at the cul-de-sac at the Dam tomorrow at 6 PM. We'll be going up the cut across down Killer Hill to Potters Point go jump in the lake and back to the cul-de-sac via lower to Dead Cow way out. Lets go for a swim Mtbrjim

mtbr member
    Feb 2009
    December 26, 2011
    Letís meet at the cul-de-sac at the north end of the Dam Monday at 10 AM. We will ride the North Fork Trail all the way out to the goat camp. Good weather forecast, no rain (if that is good thing), bring water and a snack or two.

Partly Cloudy
    High
    57įF

Precip
    0%

Why does "slow down" and
    "slow up" mean the same thing?

Have a Merry Christmas you all!

May the Force be with you

mtbr member
    Feb 2009
    Monday Night Ride. Tomorrow 2-27-12 at 6 PM.
    Jim sezí What do you think of a little tuff one? Meet at the cal de sac tomorrow at 6PM head down to Burma Falls over to the graves and back up the switchbacks bring your balance and riding legs.

Charge them lights.

Why do we drive on a parkway
    And park on a driveway?

mtbr member
    Feb 2012

old Iron

Just returning to a sport that was once dominated by stringray bicycles with butterfly bars and bannana seen came 10 speeds man you could realy fly with one of them.

I have acquired a trek 850, a Giant mmc2 graphite, a nearly new Giant revel, and Just gor a 94 trek 2200 carbon campe road bike fairly mint. All in about two months. Been having a blast riding trails and on the road in morthern Ca. Chico Oroville Paradise.

I wonder how hard it would be to upgrade my 2200 trek front double to a tripple?

Ray

mtbr member
    Feb 2009
    Thursday Ride March 1, 2012 6PM
    The rain is forecast to move out of the area, there is a 20% chance of rain tomorrow at ride time. Not sure how much mud there is out there so letís ride from the cul-de-sac tomorrow at 6 PM. The Potters Loop is well drained so I thought we could do a crazy eight. go up the Cut Across, down Dead Cow, left to Pork Chop hill and back out.

Charge them lights.

6 pm
    50į F
    Precip:
    20%

If you are cross-eyed
    And have dyslexia,
    Can you read all right?

mtbr member
    Feb 2009
    Letís meet at the parking above the restrooms at the top of the Dam tomorrow at 6 PM. We will ride up and over, down the long way to the Marina, the low way to Saddle Dam, around the corrals in Loafer Creek (not horseshoe hill) and back out via the upper trail and the Manís Way out.

See you at 6, charge them lights.

The oxy moron for today; Act Naturally

mtbr member
    Feb 2009
    There is a ride Saturday morning at 8 am. Meeting at the parking area above the restrooms at the top of the Dam, I believe the intended route is up and over via the Visitorís Center to Bidwell Marina, the Saddle Dam and on over to the Loafer Creek area.

Oxy moron for today; Original Copy

mtbr member
    Feb 2009
    Monday Ride 3-12-12
    Jim sez:

we'll head out to Northarm again, take the Land Rover Trail back. This time take the new cut across back out. See you all at 6:00 Monday meet at the cul de sac. Just might want to keep those lights on for one more ride.
    mtbrjim

Looks like Monday is the one day next week with little or no rain.

Oxymoron for the day; childproof

mtbr member
    Feb 2009
    Jim sez;
    Well most of the time Saddle Dam is the place to ride, trail's are not as muddy I think most anywhere we go will have so mud on the trails.
    So get those fenders back on we'll be leaving The Dam above the bathrooms at 6:00pm Monday. Long way down to The Race Track up that bad boy down The Man Way over to The Upper Trail to Saddle Dam out The Lower Trail just might check out The Baby Grand then back out The Man Way
    See you there mtbrjim

There is currently forecast a 20% chance of rain at 6 pm tomorrow;
    6 pm

54į F
    Precip:
    20%

Oxymoron for the day; A new classic and absolutely unsure.

mtbr member
    Feb 2009
    Slight chance of rain tonight and in the morning, should be partly sunny tomorrow. Letís meet at the cul-de-sac at 6 PM tomorrow. Letís go up the Cut Across, down Dead Cow, left towards Potters, take the new trail over to the North Fork trail and up and out from there.

Oxymoron for today; accurate estimate and almost ready

mtbr member
    Feb 2009
    Cal de sac it is. Meet at the Cal de sac at the far side of the Dam at 6 PM tomorrow we'll head down to Burma Falls over to The Truck Cab then down to the road by the river. Get your climbing legs ready because we'll be heading up the switch backs. See you at 6:00 Monday

Oxymoron for the day active retirement and actual reenactment

mtbr member
    Feb 2009
    Jim sez; It might be muddy, but will be heading out from the parking lot above the bathrooms at The Dam. Heading out to Saddle Dam and than out and around The Corrals thatís where the muddy part might be.

See you at 6:00pm at The Dam Parking Lot above the bathrooms Monday

mtbrjim

Looks like rain coming in Tuesday and ending Friday according to the latest forecast.

Happy Easter.

To maintain a healthy level of insanity:Sing along at the opera or Over dinner tell your children that "Due to the Economy, we are going to have to let one of you go."

mtbr member
    Feb 2009
    There is currently a forecast calling for an 80% chance of rain tomorrow at ride time therefore I will not schedule a ride. However if there is a break in the rain around ride time feel free to meet at the top of the Dam and go out and get muddy.

To Maintain A Healthy Level Of Insanity
    1.. In the Memo Field Of All Your Checks, Write ' For Marijuana.
    2. Order a Diet Water whenever you go out to eat, with a serious face.
    3. Specify That Your Drive-through Order Is 'To Go'.
    4. Five Days In Advance, Tell Your Friends You Can't Attend
    Their Party Because You have a headache.
    6. When Leaving the Zoo, Start Running towards the Parking lot,
    Yelling 'Run For Your Lives! They're Loose!'

mtbr member
    Feb 2009
    Jim sez;

Will meet at the call de sack Monday 6 o'clock were gonna head out to North Arm and turn around at the picnic table and come on back. We may take a little side track down the Range Rover trail (shore cut across) but back towards the right cuz there's too much water to cross at the bottom. See you there at 6 o'clock.
    Mtbrjim

This is an actual Kulula Airways (South Africa) Announcement;
    Part of a flight attendant's arrival announcement:
    "We'd like to thank you folks for flying with us today... And, the next time you get the insane urge to go blasting through the skies in a pressurized metal tube, we hope you'll think of Kulula Airways."

mtbr member
    Feb 2009
    Jim sez;

Meet at the parking lot across from Greenline Cycles 6 o clock. Let's go try Sycamore Hill and maybe Gary's Crossing and back out the Secret trail. I hope it's not too muddy. See you there 6 pm Thursday.

Kulula is a low-cost South-African airline that doesn't take itself too seriously. Here are some real examples that have been heard or reported: On a flight with a very "senior" flight attendant crew, the pilot said, "Ladies and gentlemen, we've reached cruising altitude and will be turning down the cabin lights. This is for your comfort and to enhance the appearance of your flight attendants."

mtbr member
    Feb 2009
    Jim sez; We'll meet at the parking lot across from Greenline Cycles (thats in Oroville) 6:00pm Monday, we'll do the route I did by myself on Thursday.
    Just a little warning, there was poison oak close to the trail.
    see you all Monday.

Heard on Kulula 255 just after a very hard landing in Cape Town: The flight attendant came on the intercom and said, That was quite a bump and I know what y'all are thinking. I'm here to tell you it wasn't the airline's fault, it wasn't the pilot's fault, it wasn't the flight attendant's fault, it was the asphalt."

mtbr member
    Feb 2009
    Jim sezí

Yes, I'll meet everyone at the cal de sac by The Dam 6:00pm Thursday. We'll do the Easy 8 with a drop down into Potters Point. We may have the Newb along again. I'll ride with him, remember we were all Newb's at one time. Hope to see you there.

Right now they are forecasting partly sunny late tomorrow afternoon with only a 10% chance of rain. Looks like the storm blows out and leaves us with good riding conditions.

Today weíll take a look at growing older Ö
    The Future and the past are seldom as good nor as bad as we anticipate or remember.

mtbr member
    Feb 2009
    We will meet at the bathrooms above the Dam. I'm pretty sure we'll have 2 Newbís out this time I'll make the ride with whoever comes out. See everyone there 6:00pm Monday.
    Here is a shout out to a Friend Jay, it was good to talk with you Sat. and nice to meet your wife Tracy.

Word Play
    I changed my I-Pod name to Titanic. It's syncing now.
    When chemists die, they barium.

mtbr member
    Feb 2012
    Are there any regular meeting dates for the summer?

mtbr member
    Feb 2009

Smile Summer Rides

We ride year around. We meet each Monday evening at 6 pm for a ride via various trails, we meet each Tuesday evening at thye top of the Dam, we meet each Thursday. There are two ridews on Thursdady one at 5 pm and one at 6 pm.
    The groug that rides Tuesdays usually has a Saturday ride at 8 am each Saturday.

I usually send out e mails for ride information if you want to give me your e mail address I will include you in the information. No oblogation, just show up and ride or not, no RSVP required.

mtbr member
    Feb 2009
    Jim sez;
    Meet at the Parking Lot across from Greenline Cycles heading up to the tunnel under the road. You know what? Might even try The Green Mile. ThEn out to the bottom of The Dam, back out by way of the Side Trail and maybe Gary's Crossing. It's all good! Let's just ride.
    See you Thursday 6:00pm.

mtbr member
    Feb 2009
    Jim sez;

The newb will be following me from work.
    So lets meet at Saddle Dam, I know tha"ts what you guy's did last Monday but this time I'll be along for the ride. First heading out to the Horse Corrals around the short way, then back out to the Marina by way of the Lower Trail and back to the parking lot by way of the Upper Trail.
    See you there Monday 6:00pm
    mtbrjim
    Words;
    Jokes about German sausage are the wurst.
    A soldier who survived mustard gas and pepper spray is now a seasoned veteran.

mtbr member
    Feb 2009
    Jim sez;
    Let's meet at the far gate on the Cherokee side of the river. I'll tell you all about it when we get together. Thursday 6:00pm if you need directions call my cell 990-5757.

This is the gate out on Burma Road after the main access gate.

How does Moses make his tea? Hebrews it.

mtbr member
    Feb 2009
    Meet at the parking above the restrooms at the top of the Dam tomorrow at 6 PM. Jim may or may not be there so donít wait on him you can pick a route and ride on!

I know a guy who's addicted to brake fluid. He says he can stop any time.

mtbr member
    Feb 2009
    I will not be riding on Thursday. If you want to let the biking buddies know.
    If they want to meet up at the Dam above the bathroom then they can go from there. I hope to be out next Monday.
    Mtbrjim

Jim has a sore back and is taking it easy for a few days, he said to let y'all know that Joyce had sinus surgery and she is doing well. I will ride with the 5 o'clock group tomorrow. If you want to go out at 6 pm meet at the parking above the restrooms and select a route from there.

I stayed up all night to see where the sun went. Then it dawned on me.

Mike

mtbr member
    Feb 2009
    You better bring your dust mask along there just might be some dusty trails on Horse Shoe Hill side, we'll take the back way in, that means we'll be going clock ways and coming down Horse Shoe.
    Meet at Saddle Dam 6:00pm Thursday.
    mtrbjim
    If we don't see you there, you must be somewhere else.

This girl said she recognized me from the vegetarian club, but I'd never met herbivore.

mtbr member
    Feb 2009
    Jim sez;

Meet at the parking lot across from Greenline Cycles 6:00pm Yes regular time Monday, will be heading up the trail
    that goes along side the Secret Trail, we will be going to the tunnel that goes underneath the road by Green Mile, Yes for those who want too can try the Green Mile, then head over to the bottom of the Dam and back out my way of Gary's Crossing.
    mtbrjim

I'm reading a book about anti-gravity. I can't put it down.

mtbr member
    Feb 2009
    Jim sez;

Meet at the the parking lot above the bathrooms at the Dam 6 o'clock thursday, will head up and go for a longer ride going around the correls clockwise and coming down Horseshoe Hill, I'm trying to get in shape for the Barnbabus Ride. Don't forget to being your $5 to sponcer me for the Barnabus Factor Mt. Bike Ride. I'll tell you about it when I see you Thursday.
    mtbrjim
    If I don't see you there, you must be somewhere else

I did a theatrical performance about puns. It was a play on words.

mtbr member
    Feb 2009
    Jim sez;

Meet at the Cal de sac at the Dam. Will make a Easy 8. See eveyone at 6pm Monday at the cal de sac
    mtbrjim

They told me I had type A blood, but it was a Type- O.

mtbr member
    Feb 2009
    Jim sez
    I'll not be riding with the Mt. Bike Buddies Thursday I'm going to take a road ride with Lex. If you would let the Biking Buddies know.
    For a meet up spot be at The Parking Lot above the bathroom at The Dam, they can pick a trail from there.
    Sorry about not being there, I'll see everyone Monday, have a good rest of the week.
    mtbrjim
    If I don't see you there, you are somewhere else
    Bottom line meet at 6 pm tomorrow and pick a route, I will be riding with the 5 pm group from the same location.

There is a Bullards Bar ride this Saturday. Meet at Lakeside Market at 7:30 am, bring water, snacks a bike would be a good idea.

A dyslexic man walks into a bra.

mtbr member
    Feb 2009
    Bullards Bar ride Saturday. Meet at Lakeside Market Saturday morning at 7:30 am, we can bike, people and carpool from there.

mtbr member
    Feb 2009
    Jim sez;

Meet at the parking above the restrooms at the top of the Dam tomorrow at 6 PM. going to go down stream at the face of the Dam and head for Garyís crossing and return via the upper (flume) route.

PMS jokes aren't funny, period.

mtbr member
    Feb 2009
    Jim sez;
    Some of the guy's were talking about the Cul de sac,
    Meet at 6:00pm Thursday de sac I will not be there. I'll be out on a road ride.
    mtbrjim

I will be riding with the 5 PM group from the restrooms. Mike.

Why were the Indians here first? They had reservations.

mtbr member
    Feb 2009
    Jim sez;

Happy Father's Day, I'm sure you had a pet at one time in your life, to those who are not fathers yet.
    Lets meet at the cal da sac, head out North Fork to the picnic table meet at 6 o'clock Monday

Class trip to the Coca-Cola factory. I hope there's no pop quiz.

mtbr member
    Feb 2009
    Jim Sez;

We'll meet on the Cherokee side of the deversion ponds and do a little single track hill climbing. Meet at the second gate 6:00pm Thursday. If any newb's want to come, I'm just telling you..............your on your own for this one. See you there.
    mtbrjim
    If your not there, you must be some where else
    [mike morgan]

Off Cherokee Road take the Diversion Pool river access (Burma Road), take dirt road up to the closed gate and ride from there.

Energizer bunny arrested -- charged with battery.

mtbr member
    Feb 2009
    More on tomorrowís ride. They plan to do some single track and visit the old grave sites above Longs Bar.

Subject: Sat ride
    7am. 7-11 table mt blvd. Spread the word Jim

There is a MTB ride tomorrow morning at 7:00am. Meet in the parking lot behind the 7-11 at Grand and Table Mountain Blvd. I believe they are heading out the Burma Road.

mtbr member
    Feb 2009
    There was no dust on the Burma Side, Meet at the second gate on the Cherokee side of the Diversion Pools. We'll head up the Hard Way and then go over to the Harder Way up, them come back out the Easy Hard Way. If your a newb have your balance game on along with your climbing legs and don't worry you will have someone to ride with. Come on out meet at 6:00pm tomorrow don't forget your water.

Not trying to scare off the newbs, but the trail is narrow.

mtbrjim

If I don't see you there, you must be somewhere else.
    If you need direction 990-5757

mtbr member
    Feb 2009
    Not sure about the 6 PM Thursday MTB ride yet I will pass on information as I get it.

There is a 5 PM MTB Thursday ride from the parking above the restrooms at the top of the Dam

Also there is talk of a Bullards Bar ride on Saturday. I will send additional information on Friday.

I didn't like my beard at first. Then it grew on me.

mtbr member
    Feb 2009
    Saturday Ride!

There is a ride tomorrow going out to Bullards Bar. The group will meet at Lakeside Market Saturday morning at 7:30 am to group up for the drive to Bullards Bar. Should be riding by 9 am or so and returning around 12:30 or 1:00pm.

Oxymoronís for the day; beyond infinity, clearly ambiguous and college student something to think about while riding.

mtbr member
    Feb 2009
    Monday Ride
    Jim sez;

Meet at the second gate off Cherokee Road at the diversion pool access. It will be a hard one, but, You can do it, and it's rideable. Newb's come on out but bring your bandaids. Just kidding but it is a little scary. Meet at the Second gate 6:00pm Monday.
    mtbrjim
    If we don't see you there, You must be somewhere else.

How do you make holy water? Boil the hell out of it!

mtbr member
    Feb 2009
    I'll be on the road bike Thursday. If the guyís want to meet at the bathrooms above the Dam they can go from there. Meet at 6:00pm
    mtbrjim

When you get a bladder infection, urine trouble.

mtbr member
    Feb 2009
    Beat the heat ride. Meet in the parking lot at the Employment Center behind the 7-11 at Grand and Table Mountain Blvd tomorrow at 6:00am for a ride up one side and down the other side of the river.

What does a clock do when it's hungry? It goes back four seconds.

mtbr member
    Feb 2009
    Jim sez;

OK
    We'll be meeting at the bathrooms above the Dam 6:00pm Monday. It is going to be HOT! so how about a swim? OK bring what your going to swim in or ride in what your going to swim in, what ever we will be swimming. See you there or not.
    mtbrjm
    I wondered why the baseball was getting bigger. Then it hit me!

mtbr member
    Jim,

I'm an "out-of-towner" that happens to be over in Gridley on Monday evenings and I would love to hook up with you guys on your Monday rides. I am usually free after 5:00pm and ready to ride anytime after that. I am decent rider....averaging 20-30 miles/2000-3000 vert. ft. on rides but have no idea what Oroville has to offer.
    Are you guys on for tomorrow evening?
    Kenny

mtbr member
    Feb 2009
    Good morning Kenny,
    I am Mike I post the rides and Jim leads the rides. Yes we are on for Monday at 6 PM. Meet at the parking above the restrooms at the top of the Dam, I do not know the route they will be taking but Jim mentioned going for a swim so I guess they will go towards the Potters Ravine area and may jump in the water there.
    This group rides every Monday and Thursday evening at 6 PM year around, we ride at night in the winter and in light rain as well. Oroville has a lot to offer from easy rolling trails to some grinding climbs and really fast downhills. Some good climbs are "Dead Cow" Pork Chop Hill" "the Green Mile, "The Horseshoe" Mount Rushmore" and the Face of the Dam on both sides. There are trails arount the lake and up and down both sides of the river.
    This time of the year enen that it is over 100 degrees much of the rides are in shade.

One of my favorite rides is the North Fork trail (10 miles one way up the lake) not a hard trail but long, fun and interesting. During fall and winteer and spring there are a lot of water crossings and one of them can be really challenging. If we leave from the parking at the restrooms it is a 22 mile round trip, about two and a half hours.

Lots of different skill levels in the riders, I am one of the slower ones and usually bring up the rear. The only technical trails are on the north side of the river and they are single track, cow paths and some old trails. This is called the "Diversion Pool or Burma Road" area.

Love to see you out if you can make it, Also look for Jim Brewer on Facebook Or Michael Morgan, I post rides there or look for LOBO (Lake Oroville Bicycle Organization) I post there in Groupspace.

Just FYI htere is another group that rides every Tuesday and Thursday at 5 PM and on Saturdays. This is usually bu word of mouth but if interested let6 me know and I will try to get and send out information about rides for this group. These riders are all quite skilled but mostly older guys (like me) and tend to be a little slower. There are some of these guys that can really kick it if they want to, so I am not saying they are not capable.

mtbr member
    Mike

Thanks for the info....very helpful! My only question is how to get to the restrooms location above the dam? I'm familiar with getting to Oroville but not sure of the quickest way up to the dam from 70.

Thanks again for the info and I will definitely check out the facebook page for LOBO.

Kenny
    707-975-3416

mtbr member
    Feb 2009
    Jim sez;
    Well Mad Dod I don't have a ride picked out, it's going to be so darn hot out there I'm going to stay at home in a very cool house.
    But I'll just say that if you other die hard riders want to get out there meet at the parking lot above the bathrooms at the Dam tomorrow at 6;00pm.
    You better just leave you truck open that way you will not get your window broke like I did last Monday. Yes, it happened I didn't have any thing of value in my truck but I guess they wanted to see what was in my tote bag in the backseat. Good lesson, do not leave anything out that might look tempting.
    I'm going to start parking down by the bathrooms. Hers a new address alexsbolt@gmail.com Biker Alex
    I'll be out of town for next Monday so just put a post out if you want or have everyone meet at the same place as Thursday Night Ride.
    Thanks mtbrjim
    Sorry to hear about your smashed window. Gene, Bill and I rode Tuesday and saw all of the broken glass.

I will be riding at 5 Pm so if yíall want to ride at 6, meet at the parking above the restrooms and you can pick a route.

Broken pencils are pointless.

mtbr member
    Jul 2012
    Anyone ride Oroville on the weekends? Ive recently gotten into the sport and have ridden a few of the trails in the area with a few friends...none of us know where we are going LOL Not sure what the cool kids call them, but Ive ridden the Beebe trail to Sycamore Hill a few times and made it to the top once HA! Also rode the Freeman side of the dam, the old downhill course. I like Beebe mo'betta Havent explored Potters yet, but its on the list...once it cools down a bit. I have ridden Bidwell a little, and rode Guardian trail last weekend...that was a killer ride.

Cant make the weekday rides, but would love to tag along with guys that know where to find the good stuff...or maybe someone has a link to a detailed map of the Oroville trails?

mtbr member
    Feb 2009
    Jim Sez:

Well Mad Dog as of right now I'm sitting in Oahu Hi. with not a care on my mind. So not to let everyone down meet at the bathrooms about the Dam Monday and let the group decide.

So as Jim is in Hawaii looking for a house to move into next March the 6:00 Oíclock group can meet at the restrooms at the top of the Dam and select a route from there.

I tried to catch some fog. I mist.

mtbr member
    Feb 2009
    Well Mad Dog, Yes we are still on Hawaii. I'm looking for the next Monday Night over here, but that just is not going to happen, right?
    So let's do this, if the biking buddies want to meet at the cal de sac at 6:00pm Thursday they can figure out which route to take.
    I don't know what it is, but I keep getting poked in the eye with these little umbrellas. ;0
    mtbrjim
    If your not there you must be somewere else Aloha!
    What do you call a dinosaur with an extensive vocabulary? A thesaurus.

mtbr member
    Feb 2009
    Meet behind the 7-11 at Table Mountain and Grand Avenue tomorrow at 7:00am for a MTB ride up and down the river.

England has no kidney bank, but it does have a Liverpool.

mtbr member
    Feb 2009
    I am going to take an easy ride out the North Fork trail tomorrow at 1:30. Leaving from the cul-de-sac at the far end of the Dam.

Mike

I used to be a banker, but then I lost interest.

mtbr member
    Feb 2009
    Jim Sez:

We'll meet at the cal da sac 6:00pm Monday head out to North Fork and find our way back when the time comes. Good ride[mike morgan] for you newB's come on out
    Mtbrjim

I dropped out of communism class because of lousy Marx.

mtbr member
    Feb 2009
    I'll try this again, for the Thursday Night Ride meet at the Cul de sac at the Dam 6;00pm we'll talk about what route to take when we get together.
    Oh! come on out who ever you are we'll ride with you.
    mtbrjim

All the toilets in New York's police stations have been stolen. Police have nothing to go on.

mtbr member
    Feb 2009
    Meet at Lakeside Market Saturday morning at 7:30 am for a Bullards Bar ride. The group will car (or truck) pool from there, expect to return around 1:00PM ish.

I got a job at a bakery because I kneaded dough.

mtbr member
    Feb 2009
    Monday Ride 6:00PM

You got a route picked out.............wait that's what you ask me.
    We will meet at the bathrooms above the Dam 6;00pm Monday there will be a bit of climbing nothing you haven't done before...maybe. Come on out there will be someone for you to ride with.
    mtbrjim

We might leave at 6:15 we have a late rider coming out.

Haunted French pancakes give me the crepes.

mtbr member

Monday ride

Quote Originally Posted by Mad Dog Mike View Post
    Monday Ride 6:00PM

You got a route picked out.............wait that's what you ask me.
    We will meet at the bathrooms above the Dam 6;00pm Monday there will be a bit of climbing nothing you haven't done before...maybe. Come on out there will be someone for you to ride with.
    mtbrjim

We might leave at 6:15 we have a late rider coming out.

Haunted French pancakes give me the crepes.

Mike,

Sounds like the Monday night ride is on for tomorrow. I will see you guys there around 5:45ish.

Kenny
    707-975-3416

mtbr member
    Feb 2009
    Hope to see you there.

mtbr member
    Feb 2009
    Jim sez;
    Hot ride with single track, no I mean HOT! Meet at the Cal de sac 6:00pm Thursday heading down to Burma (dry) Falls and from there will talk about it.
    I think I fill my reservoir with icewater in meet everone there.
    mtbr jim
    If I don't see you there, yu must be somewhere else

Velcro - what a rip off!

mtbr member
    Feb 2009
    Thursday Ride
    Jim Sez;

So we will meet at the parking lot above the bathrooms at The Dam. 6:00pm tomorrow It's going to be hot and I might be late. I'll see you there and we'll talk about the ride. If I'm not there by 6:15 leave without me but leave a note on a wndsheild what way you went.

Cartoonist found dead in home. Details are sketchy

mtbr member
    Feb 2009
    Monday Ride;
    We will meet at the Cal de Sac far end of The Dam tomorrow at 6 pm we'll be heading down to the Burma (dry) Falls and head over to graves or take the upper trail. On the way back, not taking the switch backs but going back up just about the sameway we came down.
    Anyway it's going to be Hot and hard so fill these water bottles and meet at 6:00pm Monday
    mtbrjim
    If we don't see you there you must be somewhere else
    Venison for dinner? Oh deer!

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Members who have read this thread: 1