Page 3 of 19 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 13 ... LastLast
    mtbr member
    Feb 2009

... and if we just ... Thursday Ride!!!

I am up for a Thursday ride at 6 pm tomorrow. How about the tried and true ride from the parking lot above the restrooms at the top of the Dam up and over past the Visitor Center, to the Marina, maybe to the Saddle Dam and back via the Grand Canyon? Iím flexible. Good weather, no rain, cool temps and lots of dirt trails awaits. See you tomorrow night.

For those that want to ride in the Downtown Oroville Light Parade, we are officially entered. The Parade is Saturday, December 12, 2009 and begins at 6 pm. We should sign in on the levy behind Dirks Transmission around 5:30. We will move down the levy and then down beside the Municipal on Huntoon. See below for the parade route. It will be a relatively short route, they will allow the kids to go first, and I just hope they donít put us behind a bunch of horses, Jim hates brown tires.

Walgreens has battery lights for $3.99, they have white lights or green and red lights. They run on 2 AA batteries. Rite Aid has battery lights at $1.49 that are multicolor and require 2 ďCĒ batteries.

Event Name: LIGHT PARADE in Downtown Oroville

Description:
    "Have a Holly Jolly Christmas" at the annual parade of lights on the streets in Downtown Oroville. Bring your family and friends to this great family event. Come early to enjoy dinner and shopping before the parade begins.

Event Date: 12-12-09 Event Time: 6:00pm

Contact Person: Josh or Sue Corkin (phone: 533-3430)

Details: The parade route begins at Huntoon & Montgomery St and travels to Lincoln, Bird, Downer and back to Montgomery ending at the Municipal Auditorium parking lot

mtbr member
    Feb 2009

... and if we just ... Thursday Ride

I am up for a Thursday ride at 6 pm tomorrow. How about the tried and true ride from the parking lot above the restrooms at the top of the Dam up and over past the Visitor Center, to the Marina, maybe to the Saddle Dam and back via the Grand Canyon? Iím flexible. Good weather, no rain, cool temps and lots of dirt trails awaits. See you tomorrow night.

For those that want to ride in the Downtown Oroville Light Parade, we are officially entered. The Parade is Saturday, December 12, 2009 and begins at 6 pm. We should sign in on the levy behind Dirks Transmission around 5:30. We will move down the levy and then down beside the Municipal on Huntoon. See below for the parade route. It will be a relatively short route, they will allow the kids to go first, and I just hope they donít put us behind a bunch of horses, Jim hates brown tires.

Walgreens has battery lights for $3.99, they have white lights or green and red lights. They run on 2 AA batteries. Rite Aid has battery lights at $1.49 that are multicolor and require 2 ďCĒ batteries.

Description:
    "Have a Holly Jolly Christmas" at the annual parade of lights on the streets in Downtown Oroville. Bring your family and friends to this great family event. Come early to enjoy dinner and shopping before the parade begins.

Details: The parade route begins at Huntoon & Montgomery St and travels to Lincoln, Bird, Downer and back to Montgomery ending at the Municipal Auditorium parking lot.

mtbr member
    Feb 2009
    Thursday ride at 6 pm tomorrow!!!. How about the tried and true ride from the parking lot above the restrooms at the top of the Dam up and over past the Visitor Center, to the Marina, maybe to the Saddle Dam and back via the Grand Canyon? Iím flexible. Good weather, no rain, cool temps and lots of dirt trails awaits. See you tomorrow night.

Description:

Details: The parade route begins at Huntoon & Montgomery St and travels to Lincoln, Bird, Downer and back to Montgomery ending at the Municipal Auditorium parking lot.
    .................................................. .........................

mtb57jim
    I'm trying to fine out why I have not heard back from akuria or vuduvgn about riding at Oroville, We have had some great night and day rides going on here. last night it was a bit cool but the trails are perfect. Hope to hear from you soon
    Biker Buddy 57jim
    "We must embrace pain and burn it as fuel for our journey." Kenji Miyazawa

mtb57jim
    Monday Ride meet 6:00pm Saddle Dam bring your warm gear and have the lights charged,
    Biker Buddy 57jim

Vegan Athlete
    Quote Originally Posted by mtb57jim
    I'm trying to fine out why I have not heard back from akuria or vuduvgn about riding at Oroville,...
    Architecture exam in January, I will return to the outside world afterwards. Have a light and have a car and I will be there.
    Take a look at and consider "liking" my Vegan Athlete Facebook page.

mtb57jim
    Ready for the meeting. 6:00 Monday The ride will start at Saddle Dam around the corals loop, back to the parking up The Upper Trail (watch out for the Gene Pool) take The Man Way to the race track or to the split off or to The Center it will be a nice ride then back. It's going to be cool so dress for the weather.
    Biker Buddy 57jim

mtb57jim
    Great ride last night. Itwas a bit chilly out I see someone said 36deg. Some needed better gloves but it will all work out in the long run. Come on out Monday's check here or on lobo site
    Biker Buddy 57jim

mtb57jim
    Ok Ride On Thursday 6:00pm meet at the cul ede sac at the Dam heading to the North Fork darn well better have those warm gloves and maybe face masks it's going to be Cold not chilly but I'll bet darn cold see you there
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Lake Oroville Biking Buddie's-bullards-bar-iv-050.jpg  

Biker Buddy 57jim

mtbr member
    Feb 2009
    Tomorrow night letís meet at the parking above the restrooms at the top of the Dam at 6 pm. There is no rain forecast but will still be cold.

How about the Saturday night Light Parade? There is rain forecast, slightly warmer temperatures. I plan to don my rain gear and participate. I have not got lights attached to my bike yet but plan to do it Saturday during the day. If anyone wants to come over and get their bike ready I can move that cars out of the garage bring your bike and we can put the lights on. If itís cold I have a heater. I am hard to find here in Oroville just off Acacia Avenue but call and I will tell you where to go.

Mike 533-3575

mtbr member
    Feb 2009
    I goffed, Thursday Night we meet at the cul-de-sac at 6 pm, my mistake. There is no rain forecast but will still be cold.

How about the Saturday night Light Parade? There is rain forecast, slightly warmer temperatures. I plan to don my rain gear and participate. I have not got lights attached to my bike yet but plan to do it Saturday during the day. If anyone wants to come over and get their bike ready I can move that cars out of the garage bring your bike and we can put the lights on. If itís cold I have a heater. I am hard to find here in Oroville just off Acacia Avenue but call and I will tell you where to go.

Mike 533-3575

mtb57jim
    What's with all the rain I'm going to do some hard thinking about the parade tonight. I just don't what to freeze, have my wife freeze and yell at me all night, I would reather take a ride in the mud get all wet and freeze then to ride in the parade we'll just have to wait and see about the weather. Mad Dog I'll give you $10 next time we ride.
    Biker Buddy 57jim

mtbr member
    Feb 2009

... and if we just ... Ride Tonight

Light Parade Tonight!
    I am gearing up for the ride tonight with or without rain. The temps are a little warmer, the ride will be a short, flat and slow ride.

Mike

mtbr member
    Feb 2009
    Mad Dog Mike
    mtbr member

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Light Parade Tonight!
    I am gearing up for the ride tonight with or without rain. The temps are a little warmer, the ride will be a short, flat and slow ride.

Mike

mtbr member
    Feb 2009

Light Parade

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Light Parade Tonight!

Mike

mtbr member
    Feb 2009

Light Parade

I am willing is anyone riding tonight?

Ride Responsibly
    I might not be the brightest bulb, but I will be there. Who is afraid of a little rain?

mtbr member
    Feb 2009
    Monday Night Ride..................

We will meet at the cul-de-sac Monday night for our 6 pm ride. Jim said that we might be able to park inside the parking area because last time he was there the pay station was all covered up.

At any rate we will leave from the cul-de-sac area at around 6. The plan is to ride around towards Potters Ravine then up Killer Hill and then on up to the top of Gobblers Knob. There will be no moon and the view could be spectacular.

From there we will ride down, make a left and go down Dead Cow and back.

No rain forecast for Monday night, lows in the 40ís so it should be a tropical wonderland bring your Hawaiian shirts.

See yíall Monday.

Mike

mtbr member
    Feb 2009
    Mo Info!
    Awesome time in the Parade, all of the bikes were pretty cool, Jimís tandem with Joyce on it and with all of those lights it looked like a stretched limo. Good luck was with us as we missed all of the heavy rain and it appears all went well.

The ride for tomorrow is still on, there is some rain forecast for Monday night but it is scheduled for some time after 9 pm so we should be ok. See you at the cul-de sac.

Mike

mtb57jim
    "Ride On" ok Thursday ride for how ever will be Saddle Dam meeting 6:00pm ride Horse Shoe go look at the Christmas Lights
    Biker Buddy 57jim

mtbr member
    Feb 2009
    Thursday Night Ride
    "Ride On" ok Thursday ride for how ever will be Saddle Dam meeting 6:00pm ride Horse Shoe go look at the Christmas Lights

mtbr member
    Feb 2009
    Thursday Night Ride
    If you are riding tonight, a quick change in plans. We will meet at the parking above the restrooms at the top of the Dam and ride from there at 6 PM.

Mike

mtbr member
    Feb 2009
    MONDAY NIGHT RIDE! 12-21-09................................

I say "Sorry to Toby and Biking Buddy Drew, I changed the ride last Thursday last moment notice."
    This Monday Saddle Dam out to The Carals we'll take the ride backwards like we did one other time. Check out the Christmas lights on the ridge. We may see how everyone feels about taking the long loop back, that means Down Horse Shoe Hill. It's just a thought. Get those lights charged up and "Let's Ride On".
    Biking Buddy mtb57jim

Charge those lights, there may be a chance of rair so be sure to bring your umbrella, see you at the Saddle Dam at 6.

Mike

May the Force be with you
    I assume 6 pm as usual? I might make it over there tonight. I haven't been out with you guy's in quit awhile . Hope to see you tonight.

mtb57jim
    Thanks for coming over norcalchico had a great ride last night as Saddle Dam, weather was great trails a bit muddy, see you New Years Day 9:00 at the Oroville Dam
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Lake Oroville Biking Buddie's-100_0988.jpg  

Lake Oroville Biking Buddie's-100_0980.jpg  

Biker Buddy 57jim

Page 3 of 19 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 13 ... LastLast