Page 17 of 19 FirstFirst ... 7 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 LastLast
    mtbr member
    Aug 2012
    this is my first post..

I live in Oroville and my wife and I have been down at Greenline shopping for trail bikes.

This is a cool thread! I had no idea there was a group that rode regularly like this.

Now we have to decide on bikes...lol. We are leaning towards the 29ers. He says Raleigh makes a good one, but I hear mixed reviews. Its giving me a headache trying to decide.

mtbr member
    Feb 2009
    Welcome, we would love to see you out on the trails, we are blessed with a lot of places to ride, the trails are great and not a lot of people know about them.

There are two groups that ride regularly; Group 1. rides every Monday and Thursday at 6 PM year around, at night and even in light rain, starting locations vary with each ride.

Group 2. rides every Tuesday and Thrusday and Saturday. Tuesday and Thursday start time is 5 PM, Saturday is usually 7:30 AM. This group will not ride at night so in the winter they may ride earlier or not at all, makes it difficult to get off work if they ride earlier.

Other places to check out rides online is LOBO (Lake Oroville Bicycle Organization) look on Facebook for a link to their site. I post rides there under "Events"

Can't help you with the bikes, some of the riders have twentyniners and they seem to like them, as for overall performance I can not see any difference. Good luck with making your choice.

mtbr member
    Feb 2009
    Team,

Gene says the smoke in Oroville is killing us so he is planning to go to Bullard’s Bar for this Saturday Aug 18th ride. Pass the word….

Thanks

Earthquake in Washington obviously government's fault.

mtbr member
    Feb 2009
    Thursday Ride
    Jim sez;

We'll eat a bit o dust Thursday, meet at the Cal de Sac at the top of the Dam at 6:00pm and we'll be heading out for a tough one "Double Cow Dare Your" yes it's only going to be 99deg so lets take advantage of the cool weather. See you there. Bring lots of water.
    mtbrjm
    If we don't see you there, you must be somewhere else
    A double Dead Cow? I think Jim was watching too much of the Olympics.

I used to think I was indecisive, but now I'm not so sure.

mtbr member
    Feb 2009
    Monday Ride
    Jim sez;
    You let those guy's know to meet at the parking lot above the bathrooms at The Dam 6:00pm Monday. Once again it will be dusty and hot. Fill up those water bottles and come on out.
    mtbrjim
    Be kind to your dentist. He has fillings, too.

mtbr member
    Feb 2009
    No Monday Ride
    Jim called to cancel the Monday ride due to smoke conditions. Sorry for last minute notice but the smoke appears to have settled in and conditions would not be good for outside activities. Will keep you posted regarding the Thursday ride.

Mike

mtbr member
    Feb 2009
    Thursday Ride
    Jim sez;

I will be missing this ride so If everyone wants to meet at the Parking Lot above the bathrooms at The Dam they can pick a ride.
    So Thursday Night Ride 6:00pm.
    mtbrjm
    Oxymorons for today; Practice Test and precision bombing

mtbr member
    Feb 2009
    Saturday Ride
    Meet in the parking lot of the Butte County Employment Center located just behind the 7-11 at Table Mountain and Grand Blvd. tomorrow at 7:30 am for a MTB ride.

Oxymoron’s for the day; better than new and beyond infinity

mtbr member
    Feb 2009
    Monday Ride
    Jim sez;
    Let's met at the Cal de sac on the far end of The Dam tomorrow at 6 PM. We'll be heading out to the North Fork and get a bit of dust up our nose. Bring a dustmask or bandana if you don't want dust up your nose.
    mtbrjim
    If we don't see you there you must be somewhere else

Oxymorons for the day; awfully good & Foolproof instructions

mtbr member
    Feb 2009
    Thursday Ride
    Jim sez;
    I will not be there tonight Im resting a sore back, but you can ride without me you ve done that before.
    Meet at the parking lot above the bathrooms at the Dam. You can plan it from there. Sorry about not being there I do miss riding, but say a little prayer for me.
    Mtbrjim

mtbr member
    Feb 2009
    Monday Ride
    Jim sez;

We'll be meeting at the parking lot above the bathrooms at the Dam tomorrow at 6 PM.
    Down the Long Way, up the Race Track, down the Man Way, take the Grand Canyon then over to Saddle Dam.Take he Lower Trail back to the Man Way and back o the parking lot.
    I'll be there 6:00pm Monday.
    mtbrjim
    If I don't see you there you must be somewhere else

Oxymorons for today; low insurance rates and Live Recording

mtbr member
    Feb 2009
    Thursday Rides;
    Jim sez;
    We will have 2 Thusrsday Night Rides going on both will meet at the parking lot above the bathrooms at the Dam. The 1st one will start at 6:00pm and who ever is there can pick the route they would like to ride.
    I will be at the 2nd ride starting at 7:30pm. This will be a real night ride so if you come out for the 7:30pm ride you better have riding lights it will be dark.
    I will see you at 7:30pm Thursday or I'll see you through the window.
    mtbrjim

mtbr member
    Feb 2009
    Monday Ride.
    Jim sez;

The Monday Night Ride will start at The Parking Lot across from Greenlne Cycles 6:00pm will be going up and over Sycamore Hill from the Dam side. Yes it will be a bit dusty.
    mtbrjim
    If I don't see you there you mus be somewhere else

Oxy morons for the day;
    wisdom of Congress and wise fool

mtbr member
    Feb 2009
    Jim sez;

Meet 6:00pm Monday cal de sac far end of the Dam do the 8 long way. Up the cut across, down Dead Cow and just follow the bouncing Toby

mtbrjim

Oxymoroms for today; approximately equal and astronomically small.

mtbr member
    Feb 2009
    How about meeting at 6:00pm Thursday for a little climb up to the tunnel under the road at the Green Mile. Start at the parking lot across from Greenline Cycle head up to the Flume Trail to the Green Mile under the road and back by way of Gary/Mad Dog Crossing.
    mtbrjim
    If I don't see you there you must be somewhere else

mtbr member
    Feb 2009
    Monday Ride
    We'll be meeting at the Cal de sac at the far end of The Dam. Double Dead Cow, yes not once but twice up that Cow. Come on out Monday 6:00pm.
    mtbrjim

Oxymorons for the day; known-covert operation and kosher ham

mtbr member
    Feb 2009
    Went for a ride on trails around the lake yesterday afternoon and I can report that there is no longer a dust problem.

Monday night ride information later today as Jim makes it available.

Mike

mtbr member
    Feb 2009
    Monday Night Ride
    Get ready for the new-b. No throwing mud, shining your lights in his eyes so he can't see, making noise like a wild animal in the brush ready to jump out and eat him. Welcome him with a big smile.
    OK meet at the parking lot above the bathrooms at the Dam Monday 6:00pm will see how Toby feels about the Toby Run.
    Have those lights charged up and fenders on.
    mtbrjim

mtbr member
    Feb 2009
    Saturday Ride 11-24-12
    Meet behind the 7/11 at Table Mountain and Grand Ave in the parking lot of the Community Employment Center at 9:00 AM. The group we will be doing Sycamore hill then up to the Dam and across, then back down the other side of the river to Cherokee Road and back to 7/11.

mtbr member
    Feb 2009
    Two rides Monday 11-26-12

One ride at 3 PM from the parking above the restrooms at the top of the Dam, route to be determined.

Another ride at 6 PM from the cul-de-sac at the far side of the Dam. What else but a Monday Night Bike Ride, Yes' you too can come on out and ride.
    Only if you have lights, not at all if you want to crash, get lost and not see where your going.
    We'll be heading out to North Fork the long way. No Dead Cow this time bypass that and take The Little Bear cut across out to the picnic table, on the way back down the Land Rover cut across and back out.
    Charge your battery's and the ones for your lights too.
    mtbrjim

mtbr member
    Feb 2009
    Thursday Ride
    Jim sez; I'm thinking I'll just stay home by the fire. But if I do show up I'll have my kayak or canoe and leave the bike at home. From what the News says rain and more rain.
    But if you plan on going meet at the parking lot above the bathrooms at the Dam 6:00pm you better have rain gear.
    mtbrjim
    If we don't see you there, you must be somewhere else.

mtbr member
    Feb 2009
    Monday Ride
    No we will not be stopping to clean the trail every 1/2mil after the big wind storm. We can if you want but I say jump the limbs, rocks and mud puddles. If you happen to bring your Swiss Army Knife make sure it has the saw not the fork, spoon and knife that just will not work.
    As always I think the less muddy ride will be up to Visitor Center. Meet at the parking lot above the bathrooms at the Dam.
    Monday 6:00pm have your fenders on and lights charged up.
    mtbrjim
    If we don't see you there you must be somewhere else. (or you didn't what to get muddy)

mtbr member
    Feb 2009
    Thursday Night Ride
    And You Make The Call
    Let's meet at the Cul De Sac at the far end of the Dam at 6:00pm Thursday and you can be Trail Boss.
    Charge yer lights.
    mtbrjim
    If we don't see you, You must be somewhere else

mtbr member
    Dec 2003

Lower Burma Clean Up

Anybody care to join me Sunday am to drag all the cut brush that was so kindly left by the PG&E sawyers? They left a couple hundred feet of brush in the middle of our trail. Looks like an hour of work for a few people. I figured I would include it in my Sunday am ride. I'm sure there will be a few other blow downs to deal with later. The section of which I am talking is the singletrack just to the left of the cattle gate at the culdesac off Cherokee. I'll be riding to it from across the dam and all they way down. I'll be out there 900-930.

mtbr member
    Feb 2009
    Would love to be there but I am booked up on Sunday.

Mad Dog Mike

Page 17 of 19 FirstFirst ... 7 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 LastLast