Page 16 of 19 FirstFirst ... 6 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 LastLast
    mtbr member
    Feb 2009
    There was no dust on the Burma Side, Meet at the second gate on the Cherokee side of the Diversion Pools. We'll head up the Hard Way and then go over to the Harder Way up, them come back out the Easy Hard Way. If your a newb have your balance game on along with your climbing legs and don't worry you will have someone to ride with. Come on out meet at 6:00pm tomorrow don't forget your water.

Not trying to scare off the newbs, but the trail is narrow.

mtbrjim

If I don't see you there, you must be somewhere else.
    If you need direction 990-5757

mtbr member
    Feb 2009
    Not sure about the 6 PM Thursday MTB ride yet I will pass on information as I get it.

There is a 5 PM MTB Thursday ride from the parking above the restrooms at the top of the Dam

Also there is talk of a Bullards Bar ride on Saturday. I will send additional information on Friday.

I didn't like my beard at first. Then it grew on me.

mtbr member
    Feb 2009
    Saturday Ride!

There is a ride tomorrow going out to Bullards Bar. The group will meet at Lakeside Market Saturday morning at 7:30 am to group up for the drive to Bullards Bar. Should be riding by 9 am or so and returning around 12:30 or 1:00pm.

Oxymoron’s for the day; beyond infinity, clearly ambiguous and college student something to think about while riding.

mtbr member
    Feb 2009
    Monday Ride
    Jim sez;

Meet at the second gate off Cherokee Road at the diversion pool access. It will be a hard one, but, You can do it, and it's rideable. Newb's come on out but bring your bandaids. Just kidding but it is a little scary. Meet at the Second gate 6:00pm Monday.
    mtbrjim
    If we don't see you there, You must be somewhere else.

How do you make holy water? Boil the hell out of it!

mtbr member
    Feb 2009
    I'll be on the road bike Thursday. If the guy’s want to meet at the bathrooms above the Dam they can go from there. Meet at 6:00pm
    mtbrjim

When you get a bladder infection, urine trouble.

mtbr member
    Feb 2009
    Beat the heat ride. Meet in the parking lot at the Employment Center behind the 7-11 at Grand and Table Mountain Blvd tomorrow at 6:00am for a ride up one side and down the other side of the river.

What does a clock do when it's hungry? It goes back four seconds.

mtbr member
    Feb 2009
    Jim sez;

OK
    We'll be meeting at the bathrooms above the Dam 6:00pm Monday. It is going to be HOT! so how about a swim? OK bring what your going to swim in or ride in what your going to swim in, what ever we will be swimming. See you there or not.
    mtbrjm
    I wondered why the baseball was getting bigger. Then it hit me!

mtbr member
    Jim,

I'm an "out-of-towner" that happens to be over in Gridley on Monday evenings and I would love to hook up with you guys on your Monday rides. I am usually free after 5:00pm and ready to ride anytime after that. I am decent rider....averaging 20-30 miles/2000-3000 vert. ft. on rides but have no idea what Oroville has to offer.
    Are you guys on for tomorrow evening?
    Kenny

mtbr member
    Feb 2009
    Good morning Kenny,
    I am Mike I post the rides and Jim leads the rides. Yes we are on for Monday at 6 PM. Meet at the parking above the restrooms at the top of the Dam, I do not know the route they will be taking but Jim mentioned going for a swim so I guess they will go towards the Potters Ravine area and may jump in the water there.
    This group rides every Monday and Thursday evening at 6 PM year around, we ride at night in the winter and in light rain as well. Oroville has a lot to offer from easy rolling trails to some grinding climbs and really fast downhills. Some good climbs are "Dead Cow" Pork Chop Hill" "the Green Mile, "The Horseshoe" Mount Rushmore" and the Face of the Dam on both sides. There are trails arount the lake and up and down both sides of the river.
    This time of the year enen that it is over 100 degrees much of the rides are in shade.

One of my favorite rides is the North Fork trail (10 miles one way up the lake) not a hard trail but long, fun and interesting. During fall and winteer and spring there are a lot of water crossings and one of them can be really challenging. If we leave from the parking at the restrooms it is a 22 mile round trip, about two and a half hours.

Lots of different skill levels in the riders, I am one of the slower ones and usually bring up the rear. The only technical trails are on the north side of the river and they are single track, cow paths and some old trails. This is called the "Diversion Pool or Burma Road" area.

Love to see you out if you can make it, Also look for Jim Brewer on Facebook Or Michael Morgan, I post rides there or look for LOBO (Lake Oroville Bicycle Organization) I post there in Groupspace.

Just FYI htere is another group that rides every Tuesday and Thursday at 5 PM and on Saturdays. This is usually bu word of mouth but if interested let6 me know and I will try to get and send out information about rides for this group. These riders are all quite skilled but mostly older guys (like me) and tend to be a little slower. There are some of these guys that can really kick it if they want to, so I am not saying they are not capable.

mtbr member
    Mike

Thanks for the info....very helpful! My only question is how to get to the restrooms location above the dam? I'm familiar with getting to Oroville but not sure of the quickest way up to the dam from 70.

Thanks again for the info and I will definitely check out the facebook page for LOBO.

Kenny
    707-975-3416

mtbr member
    Feb 2009
    Jim sez;
    Well Mad Dod I don't have a ride picked out, it's going to be so darn hot out there I'm going to stay at home in a very cool house.
    But I'll just say that if you other die hard riders want to get out there meet at the parking lot above the bathrooms at the Dam tomorrow at 6;00pm.
    You better just leave you truck open that way you will not get your window broke like I did last Monday. Yes, it happened I didn't have any thing of value in my truck but I guess they wanted to see what was in my tote bag in the backseat. Good lesson, do not leave anything out that might look tempting.
    I'm going to start parking down by the bathrooms. Hers a new address alexsbolt@gmail.com Biker Alex
    I'll be out of town for next Monday so just put a post out if you want or have everyone meet at the same place as Thursday Night Ride.
    Thanks mtbrjim
    Sorry to hear about your smashed window. Gene, Bill and I rode Tuesday and saw all of the broken glass.

I will be riding at 5 Pm so if y’all want to ride at 6, meet at the parking above the restrooms and you can pick a route.

Broken pencils are pointless.

mtbr member
    Jul 2012
    Anyone ride Oroville on the weekends? Ive recently gotten into the sport and have ridden a few of the trails in the area with a few friends...none of us know where we are going LOL Not sure what the cool kids call them, but Ive ridden the Beebe trail to Sycamore Hill a few times and made it to the top once HA! Also rode the Freeman side of the dam, the old downhill course. I like Beebe mo'betta Havent explored Potters yet, but its on the list...once it cools down a bit. I have ridden Bidwell a little, and rode Guardian trail last weekend...that was a killer ride.

Cant make the weekday rides, but would love to tag along with guys that know where to find the good stuff...or maybe someone has a link to a detailed map of the Oroville trails?

mtbr member
    Feb 2009
    Jim Sez:

Well Mad Dog as of right now I'm sitting in Oahu Hi. with not a care on my mind. So not to let everyone down meet at the bathrooms about the Dam Monday and let the group decide.

So as Jim is in Hawaii looking for a house to move into next March the 6:00 O’clock group can meet at the restrooms at the top of the Dam and select a route from there.

I tried to catch some fog. I mist.

mtbr member
    Feb 2009
    Well Mad Dog, Yes we are still on Hawaii. I'm looking for the next Monday Night over here, but that just is not going to happen, right?
    So let's do this, if the biking buddies want to meet at the cal de sac at 6:00pm Thursday they can figure out which route to take.
    I don't know what it is, but I keep getting poked in the eye with these little umbrellas. ;0
    mtbrjim
    If your not there you must be somewere else Aloha!
    What do you call a dinosaur with an extensive vocabulary? A thesaurus.

mtbr member
    Feb 2009
    Meet behind the 7-11 at Table Mountain and Grand Avenue tomorrow at 7:00am for a MTB ride up and down the river.

England has no kidney bank, but it does have a Liverpool.

mtbr member
    Feb 2009
    I am going to take an easy ride out the North Fork trail tomorrow at 1:30. Leaving from the cul-de-sac at the far end of the Dam.

Mike

I used to be a banker, but then I lost interest.

mtbr member
    Feb 2009
    Jim Sez:

We'll meet at the cal da sac 6:00pm Monday head out to North Fork and find our way back when the time comes. Good ride[mike morgan] for you newB's come on out
    Mtbrjim

I dropped out of communism class because of lousy Marx.

mtbr member
    Feb 2009
    I'll try this again, for the Thursday Night Ride meet at the Cul de sac at the Dam 6;00pm we'll talk about what route to take when we get together.
    Oh! come on out who ever you are we'll ride with you.
    mtbrjim

All the toilets in New York's police stations have been stolen. Police have nothing to go on.

mtbr member
    Feb 2009
    Meet at Lakeside Market Saturday morning at 7:30 am for a Bullards Bar ride. The group will car (or truck) pool from there, expect to return around 1:00PM ish.

I got a job at a bakery because I kneaded dough.

mtbr member
    Feb 2009
    Monday Ride 6:00PM

You got a route picked out.............wait that's what you ask me.
    We will meet at the bathrooms above the Dam 6;00pm Monday there will be a bit of climbing nothing you haven't done before...maybe. Come on out there will be someone for you to ride with.
    mtbrjim

We might leave at 6:15 we have a late rider coming out.

Haunted French pancakes give me the crepes.

mtbr member

Monday ride

Quote Originally Posted by Mad Dog Mike View Post
    Monday Ride 6:00PM

You got a route picked out.............wait that's what you ask me.
    We will meet at the bathrooms above the Dam 6;00pm Monday there will be a bit of climbing nothing you haven't done before...maybe. Come on out there will be someone for you to ride with.
    mtbrjim

We might leave at 6:15 we have a late rider coming out.

Haunted French pancakes give me the crepes.

Mike,

Sounds like the Monday night ride is on for tomorrow. I will see you guys there around 5:45ish.

Kenny
    707-975-3416

mtbr member
    Feb 2009
    Hope to see you there.

mtbr member
    Feb 2009
    Jim sez;
    Hot ride with single track, no I mean HOT! Meet at the Cal de sac 6:00pm Thursday heading down to Burma (dry) Falls and from there will talk about it.
    I think I fill my reservoir with icewater in meet everone there.
    mtbr jim
    If I don't see you there, yu must be somewhere else

Velcro - what a rip off!

mtbr member
    Feb 2009
    Thursday Ride
    Jim Sez;

So we will meet at the parking lot above the bathrooms at The Dam. 6:00pm tomorrow It's going to be hot and I might be late. I'll see you there and we'll talk about the ride. If I'm not there by 6:15 leave without me but leave a note on a wndsheild what way you went.

Cartoonist found dead in home. Details are sketchy

mtbr member
    Feb 2009
    Monday Ride;
    We will meet at the Cal de Sac far end of The Dam tomorrow at 6 pm we'll be heading down to the Burma (dry) Falls and head over to graves or take the upper trail. On the way back, not taking the switch backs but going back up just about the sameway we came down.
    Anyway it's going to be Hot and hard so fill these water bottles and meet at 6:00pm Monday
    mtbrjim
    If we don't see you there you must be somewhere else
    Venison for dinner? Oh deer!

Page 16 of 19 FirstFirst ... 6 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 LastLast