Page 15 of 19 FirstFirst ... 5 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 LastLast
    mtbr member
    Feb 2009
    Jim sez; It might be muddy, but will be heading out from the parking lot above the bathrooms at The Dam. Heading out to Saddle Dam and than out and around The Corrals that’s where the muddy part might be.

See you at 6:00pm at The Dam Parking Lot above the bathrooms Monday

mtbrjim

Looks like rain coming in Tuesday and ending Friday according to the latest forecast.

Happy Easter.

To maintain a healthy level of insanity:Sing along at the opera or Over dinner tell your children that "Due to the Economy, we are going to have to let one of you go."

mtbr member
    Feb 2009
    There is currently a forecast calling for an 80% chance of rain tomorrow at ride time therefore I will not schedule a ride. However if there is a break in the rain around ride time feel free to meet at the top of the Dam and go out and get muddy.

To Maintain A Healthy Level Of Insanity
    1.. In the Memo Field Of All Your Checks, Write ' For Marijuana.
    2. Order a Diet Water whenever you go out to eat, with a serious face.
    3. Specify That Your Drive-through Order Is 'To Go'.
    4. Five Days In Advance, Tell Your Friends You Can't Attend
    Their Party Because You have a headache.
    6. When Leaving the Zoo, Start Running towards the Parking lot,
    Yelling 'Run For Your Lives! They're Loose!'

mtbr member
    Feb 2009
    Jim sez;

Will meet at the call de sack Monday 6 o'clock were gonna head out to North Arm and turn around at the picnic table and come on back. We may take a little side track down the Range Rover trail (shore cut across) but back towards the right cuz there's too much water to cross at the bottom. See you there at 6 o'clock.
    Mtbrjim

This is an actual Kulula Airways (South Africa) Announcement;
    Part of a flight attendant's arrival announcement:
    "We'd like to thank you folks for flying with us today... And, the next time you get the insane urge to go blasting through the skies in a pressurized metal tube, we hope you'll think of Kulula Airways."

mtbr member
    Feb 2009
    Jim sez;

Meet at the parking lot across from Greenline Cycles 6 o clock. Let's go try Sycamore Hill and maybe Gary's Crossing and back out the Secret trail. I hope it's not too muddy. See you there 6 pm Thursday.

Kulula is a low-cost South-African airline that doesn't take itself too seriously. Here are some real examples that have been heard or reported: On a flight with a very "senior" flight attendant crew, the pilot said, "Ladies and gentlemen, we've reached cruising altitude and will be turning down the cabin lights. This is for your comfort and to enhance the appearance of your flight attendants."

mtbr member
    Feb 2009
    Jim sez; We'll meet at the parking lot across from Greenline Cycles (thats in Oroville) 6:00pm Monday, we'll do the route I did by myself on Thursday.
    Just a little warning, there was poison oak close to the trail.
    see you all Monday.

Heard on Kulula 255 just after a very hard landing in Cape Town: The flight attendant came on the intercom and said, That was quite a bump and I know what y'all are thinking. I'm here to tell you it wasn't the airline's fault, it wasn't the pilot's fault, it wasn't the flight attendant's fault, it was the asphalt."

mtbr member
    Feb 2009
    Jim sez’

Yes, I'll meet everyone at the cal de sac by The Dam 6:00pm Thursday. We'll do the Easy 8 with a drop down into Potters Point. We may have the Newb along again. I'll ride with him, remember we were all Newb's at one time. Hope to see you there.

Right now they are forecasting partly sunny late tomorrow afternoon with only a 10% chance of rain. Looks like the storm blows out and leaves us with good riding conditions.

Today we’ll take a look at growing older …
    The Future and the past are seldom as good nor as bad as we anticipate or remember.

mtbr member
    Feb 2009
    We will meet at the bathrooms above the Dam. I'm pretty sure we'll have 2 Newb’s out this time I'll make the ride with whoever comes out. See everyone there 6:00pm Monday.
    Here is a shout out to a Friend Jay, it was good to talk with you Sat. and nice to meet your wife Tracy.

Word Play
    I changed my I-Pod name to Titanic. It's syncing now.
    When chemists die, they barium.

mtbr member
    Feb 2012
    Are there any regular meeting dates for the summer?

mtbr member
    Feb 2009

Smile Summer Rides

We ride year around. We meet each Monday evening at 6 pm for a ride via various trails, we meet each Tuesday evening at thye top of the Dam, we meet each Thursday. There are two ridews on Thursdady one at 5 pm and one at 6 pm.
    The groug that rides Tuesdays usually has a Saturday ride at 8 am each Saturday.

I usually send out e mails for ride information if you want to give me your e mail address I will include you in the information. No oblogation, just show up and ride or not, no RSVP required.

mtbr member
    Feb 2009
    Jim sez;
    Meet at the Parking Lot across from Greenline Cycles heading up to the tunnel under the road. You know what? Might even try The Green Mile. ThEn out to the bottom of The Dam, back out by way of the Side Trail and maybe Gary's Crossing. It's all good! Let's just ride.
    See you Thursday 6:00pm.

mtbr member
    Feb 2009
    Jim sez;

The newb will be following me from work.
    So lets meet at Saddle Dam, I know tha"ts what you guy's did last Monday but this time I'll be along for the ride. First heading out to the Horse Corrals around the short way, then back out to the Marina by way of the Lower Trail and back to the parking lot by way of the Upper Trail.
    See you there Monday 6:00pm
    mtbrjim
    Words;
    Jokes about German sausage are the wurst.
    A soldier who survived mustard gas and pepper spray is now a seasoned veteran.

mtbr member
    Feb 2009
    Jim sez;
    Let's meet at the far gate on the Cherokee side of the river. I'll tell you all about it when we get together. Thursday 6:00pm if you need directions call my cell 990-5757.

This is the gate out on Burma Road after the main access gate.

How does Moses make his tea? Hebrews it.

mtbr member
    Feb 2009
    Meet at the parking above the restrooms at the top of the Dam tomorrow at 6 PM. Jim may or may not be there so don’t wait on him you can pick a route and ride on!

I know a guy who's addicted to brake fluid. He says he can stop any time.

mtbr member
    Feb 2009
    I will not be riding on Thursday. If you want to let the biking buddies know.
    If they want to meet up at the Dam above the bathroom then they can go from there. I hope to be out next Monday.
    Mtbrjim

Jim has a sore back and is taking it easy for a few days, he said to let y'all know that Joyce had sinus surgery and she is doing well. I will ride with the 5 o'clock group tomorrow. If you want to go out at 6 pm meet at the parking above the restrooms and select a route from there.

I stayed up all night to see where the sun went. Then it dawned on me.

Mike

mtbr member
    Feb 2009
    You better bring your dust mask along there just might be some dusty trails on Horse Shoe Hill side, we'll take the back way in, that means we'll be going clock ways and coming down Horse Shoe.
    Meet at Saddle Dam 6:00pm Thursday.
    mtrbjim
    If we don't see you there, you must be somewhere else.

This girl said she recognized me from the vegetarian club, but I'd never met herbivore.

mtbr member
    Feb 2009
    Jim sez;

Meet at the parking lot across from Greenline Cycles 6:00pm Yes regular time Monday, will be heading up the trail
    that goes along side the Secret Trail, we will be going to the tunnel that goes underneath the road by Green Mile, Yes for those who want too can try the Green Mile, then head over to the bottom of the Dam and back out my way of Gary's Crossing.
    mtbrjim

I'm reading a book about anti-gravity. I can't put it down.

mtbr member
    Feb 2009
    Jim sez;

Meet at the the parking lot above the bathrooms at the Dam 6 o'clock thursday, will head up and go for a longer ride going around the correls clockwise and coming down Horseshoe Hill, I'm trying to get in shape for the Barnbabus Ride. Don't forget to being your $5 to sponcer me for the Barnabus Factor Mt. Bike Ride. I'll tell you about it when I see you Thursday.
    mtbrjim
    If I don't see you there, you must be somewhere else

I did a theatrical performance about puns. It was a play on words.

mtbr member
    Feb 2009
    Jim sez;

Meet at the Cal de sac at the Dam. Will make a Easy 8. See eveyone at 6pm Monday at the cal de sac
    mtbrjim

They told me I had type A blood, but it was a Type- O.

mtbr member
    Feb 2009
    Jim sez
    I'll not be riding with the Mt. Bike Buddies Thursday I'm going to take a road ride with Lex. If you would let the Biking Buddies know.
    For a meet up spot be at The Parking Lot above the bathroom at The Dam, they can pick a trail from there.
    Sorry about not being there, I'll see everyone Monday, have a good rest of the week.
    mtbrjim
    If I don't see you there, you are somewhere else
    Bottom line meet at 6 pm tomorrow and pick a route, I will be riding with the 5 pm group from the same location.

There is a Bullards Bar ride this Saturday. Meet at Lakeside Market at 7:30 am, bring water, snacks a bike would be a good idea.

A dyslexic man walks into a bra.

mtbr member
    Feb 2009
    Bullards Bar ride Saturday. Meet at Lakeside Market Saturday morning at 7:30 am, we can bike, people and carpool from there.

mtbr member
    Feb 2009
    Jim sez;

Meet at the parking above the restrooms at the top of the Dam tomorrow at 6 PM. going to go down stream at the face of the Dam and head for Gary’s crossing and return via the upper (flume) route.

PMS jokes aren't funny, period.

mtbr member
    Feb 2009
    Jim sez;
    Some of the guy's were talking about the Cul de sac,
    Meet at 6:00pm Thursday de sac I will not be there. I'll be out on a road ride.
    mtbrjim

I will be riding with the 5 PM group from the restrooms. Mike.

Why were the Indians here first? They had reservations.

mtbr member
    Feb 2009
    Jim sez;

Happy Father's Day, I'm sure you had a pet at one time in your life, to those who are not fathers yet.
    Lets meet at the cal da sac, head out North Fork to the picnic table meet at 6 o'clock Monday

Class trip to the Coca-Cola factory. I hope there's no pop quiz.

mtbr member
    Feb 2009
    Jim Sez;

We'll meet on the Cherokee side of the deversion ponds and do a little single track hill climbing. Meet at the second gate 6:00pm Thursday. If any newb's want to come, I'm just telling you..............your on your own for this one. See you there.
    mtbrjim
    If your not there, you must be some where else
    [mike morgan]

Off Cherokee Road take the Diversion Pool river access (Burma Road), take dirt road up to the closed gate and ride from there.

Energizer bunny arrested -- charged with battery.

mtbr member
    Feb 2009
    More on tomorrow’s ride. They plan to do some single track and visit the old grave sites above Longs Bar.

Subject: Sat ride
    7am. 7-11 table mt blvd. Spread the word Jim

There is a MTB ride tomorrow morning at 7:00am. Meet in the parking lot behind the 7-11 at Grand and Table Mountain Blvd. I believe they are heading out the Burma Road.

Page 15 of 19 FirstFirst ... 5 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 LastLast