Page 13 of 19 FirstFirst ... 3 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 ... LastLast
    mtbr member
    Feb 2009
    Thursday Ride 4-21-11
    No rain tomorrow at ride time, 64degrees. Sounds like we should meet at the parking above the restrooms at the top of the Dam and make a nice long loop over to the Saddle Dam and on to Loafers Creek area. See you tomorrow at 6 PM.

The greatest snowfall ever in a single storm was 189 inches at the Mount Shasta Ski Bowl in February, 1959. Nearly 50% of all bank robberies take place on Friday.

mtbr member
    Feb 2009
    Monday 4-25-11
    Letís meet at the parking above the restrooms at the top of the Dam Monday at 6 PM. We can pick a route, towards the Visitor Center, across the Dam to the Potters area or down river and back up the south face of the Dam. Chance of showers tomorrow but may clear around ride time.
    Six-year-olds laugh an average of 300 times a day. Adults only laugh 15 to 100 times a day. Laughing lowers levels of stress hormones and strengthens the immune system.

mtbr member
    Feb 2009
    Thursday April 28, 2011.
    Letís meet at the parking above the restrooms at the top of the Dam tomorrow at 6 PM. We can ride down river via the south face of the Dam and do a Garyís crossing, cross the highway and climb out.
    It takes 17 muscles to smile --- 43 to frown. A sneeze can exceed the speed of 100 mph.

mtbr member
    Feb 2009
    Letís meet at the Saddle Dam tomorrow at 6 PM, we will pick a route. Snails can sleep for three years without eating.

Working on my Drops
    Are there any DH trails near oroville? I might be visiting some relatives and wanted to bring my bike.

Ride Responsibly
    There is a "Downhill" course that is a mile and a half, lots of twist and turns, then you ride back up!
    Our trails are cross country for the most part, not much opportunity to leave the ground. We are however only twenty minutes from Chico and Upper Bidwell Park, where there are more options for downhill riding, lots of drop offs.

Working on my Drops
    Thanks. Let me clarify. The bike doesn't have to leave the ground.

I was looking for long flowy fast down hill with easy climbs up to the top. By the way, how far is chico and upper bidwell from oroville?

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by MTBAlex
    Thanks. Let me clarify. The bike doesn't have to leave the ground.

I was looking for long flowy fast down hill with easy climbs up to the top. By the way, how far is chico and upper bidwell from oroville?
    Chico is about 20 minutes from Oroville. If you're after a downhill/shuttle run, take the Hwy 32 exit and head east about another 15 minutes into the foothills. There is a place locally known as "green gate" on the left hand side. Guardian's Trail starts here, and is a killer downhill run although there are some ups/downs and technical riding at the end. I don't think I'd call it "flowy" in any sense of the word...WAY too many rocks, boulders, etc. If you want to ride up AND down, take the East Avenue exit, head east about 5 miles until you see the big roundabout and the "Upper Bidwell Park" sign.

Map from Oroville to Guardian's Trail trailhead aka "green gate": http://ridewithgps.com/routes/393818

Map from Oroville to Upper Bidwell Park (this is known as the "easter cross" parking lot): http://ridewithgps.com/routes/393822

Here's a GPS track coming down from Guardian's and taking a side route onto some land adjacent to the park. It's pretty much a downhill run, although technical and strenuous in several parts. On this ride I think I scabbed on a bit of uphill stuff at the end of the downhill run.

"Got everything you need?"

mtbr member
    Feb 2009
    Not really. There is the down hill from the north side of the dam that was used several tears ago for some down hill races but it is pretty short. Around here it is mostly trails, not technical just nice trails.

Ride Responsibly
    The Oroville trails DO have flow. Dead Cow is particularly exhilarating. North Fork has its moments of pedal free fun, and Bidwell Canyon is fast.
    When I think of "Downhill" I assume terrain best ridden on heavy bikes with six or more inches of duel crown travel. And even Chico sees more "Trail Bikes" or even hardtails than full on downhill rigs.
    Just up the road is Feather Falls Trail, very nice but LOTS of hikers on weekends, they are not conducive to good flow! Chico has its share of hikers but they thin out after the first few miles.

mtbr member
    Feb 2009
    Thursday ride May 5, 2011.
    Letís meet in the parking lot across the street from Greenline Cycle tomorrow at 6 PM. I was thinking of checking out Sycamore Hill.
    Hydrate up, supposed to be 90 degrees tomorrow. In England, the Speaker of the House is not allowed to speak. Hummingbirds cannot walk.

mtbr member
    Feb 2009
    May 9, 2011
    Jim sez letís meet at the cul-de-sac Monday at 6 PM. We will ride the North Fork trail.

Paul Hunn holds the record for the loudest burp, which was 118.1 decibels, which is as loud as a chainsaw. A monkey was once tried and convicted for smoking a cigarette in South Bend, Indiana...........

mtbr member
    Feb 2009
    ...May, 12, 2011 Thursday Ride. Meet at the parking above the restrooms at the top of the Dam tomorrow at 6 PM. I will not be riding tomorrow so you can select a route, towards the Visitor Center and Saddle Dam, down the river or across the Dam to a Potters loop. I will see you on the Monday ride.

The three best-known western names in China: Jesus Christ, Richard Nixon, and Elvis Presley. No piece of paper can be folded in half more than 7 times and more people are killed by donkeys annually than are killed in plane crashes.

mtbr member
    Feb 2009
    .......Saturday Ride May 14, 2011.
    Meet at Lakeside Market Saturday morning at 7:30 for a Bullardís Bar ride. Bring your snacks and water, weather may cool down a bit so maybe layered clothing would work.

Fo mo info call Jim at 990-5757

mtbr member
    Feb 2009
    Monday May 16, 2011
    Letís meet at the diversion pool access tomorrow at 6 PM and ride up to the falls (Burma Road area.) Just off Cherokee Road, park inside the first gate by the road.

A chicken with red earlobes will produce brown eggs, and a chicken with white earlobes will produce white eggs and 2.5 cans of Spam are consumed every second in the United States.

mtbr member
    Feb 2009
    Thursday May 19, 2011
    Letís meet at the parking above the restrooms at the top of the Dam tomorrow at 6 PM. Because of the rain I think the route over to the Saddle Dam may be the least muddy. See you tomorrow at 6.
    There are six million parts in the Boeing 747-400, the first TONKA truck was made in 1947 and some may like to know that Japanese research has concluded that moderate drinking can boost IQ levels.

mtbr member
    Jan 2006

Feather Falls Trail restoration, June 11th

We're headed downstream in search of snow-free landscapes, and hopefully some warmer temperatures, to work on the Feather Falls Trail near Oroville. On June 11th, the Sierra Buttes Trail Stewardship will be partnering up with the Feather River Ranger District and Chico Area Trail Stewardship to help restore the tread on this high-use trail. This is the second organized Trail Daze event with these groups and we got a ton of work done on the first go-around. This second work day will focus our efforts on constructing a wooden crib wall to support a section of tread that is sluffing towards a seasonal creek. There is also a tree that fell and uprooted a big section of tread. We'll be doing some griphoist training on this and reconstructing the tread to meet Forest Service specification. All fun stuff and we hope you'll join us. Thereís on-site camping and weíll provide the food. Read more...

mtbr member
    Feb 2009
    Monday May 23, 2011.
    Meet at the dam above the restroom at 6 PM tomorrow. We'll head over to Saddle Dam take the short route out by the Corrals over to the Camp Ground maybe out to the end of the road then back
    See you there
    mtbrjim
    The palms of your hands and the soles of your feet cannot tan, or grow hair and Cheetahs are the fastest land animal and can reach speeds up to 72mph (maybe they have not seen John on the single speed?)

mtbr member
    Feb 2009
    Thursday Ride
    Due to the rain today letís meet at the restrooms at the top of the Dam tomorrow at 6 PM. No rain forecast for tomorrow sunny and 71 degrees however there may be some mud so letís take the route to Visitor center to Saddle Dam, to Loafer Creek around corals and back.

A giraffe is able to clean its ears with its own tongue, in 1864, A Quebec farmer found a frog inside a hailstone.

mtbr member
    Feb 2009

Thursday Ride May 26, 2011 TOME CHANGE !!!!!!!!!!!!

Letís move our time up one hour to 5 PM to meet at the top of the Dam above the restrooms. Jim Brewer will be road riding so I thought we could meet with the 5 Pm group and ride with them.
    See you at the same place one hour earlier at 5 PM today.

Mike

mtbr member
    Feb 2009
    Saturday May 28, 2011.
    There will be a group meeting Saturday morning at 8 am at the parking above the restrooms at the top of the Dam going out for a ride. They said they will be going over to the Loafer Creek area and making the horseshoe loop.

mtbr member
    Feb 2009
    Monday May 30, 2011.
    Letís meet in the parking lot across from Greenline Cycle and head up river. Jim sez we can do the deer trail up to Sycamore and go up.
    See you tomorrow at 6 PM.
    Pancakes are served for breakfast, lunch and dinner in Australia and Asparagus comes in three colors: green, white and purple.

mtbr member
    Feb 2009
    June 2, 2011
    Letís meet at the cul-de-sac and ride a Potters loop or a crazy eight. See you at 6 PM Thursday at the north side of the Dam.
    Dueling is legal in Paraguay as long as both parties are registered blood donors and in Belgium, there is a museum that is just for strawberries.

mtbr member
    Feb 2009
    I think we need to meet a Saddle Dam, out to Horse Shoe Hill out to the Camp Site and back. Then the Upper Trail to the Camp Ground back via Lower Trail 6:00pm Meet at Saddle Dam Monday.
    Not sure why I put this one inÖ. The words moron, imbecile, and idiot are not interchangeable. The one with the highest level of intelligence is a moron, followed, by an imbecile, and then idiot.

mtbr member
    Feb 2009
    Thursday ride 6-9-11.
    Meet at the parking above the restrooms at the top of the Dam at 5 PM. If the regular 5 PM group is riding we can ride with them if they do not mind. Otherwise we can pick a route for example down the river via the upper trail, cross the highway and do Gary's crossing if the area is open and come back up the south face of the Dam

See you at 5 PM tomorrow.

Page 13 of 19 FirstFirst ... 3 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 ... LastLast