mtbr member

lake cunningham bike park a thing yet?

nothing current that i can find on the webs... any intel? open yet?
    Over the Bars - the mtn biking comic

PRETENDURO
    LOL! I just pinged a contact (via another social media outlet) involved with the project on this very matter. I am very interested on any details as well as you are.
    QUOTE from MTBR.COM: You have given Brewtality too much Reputation in the last 24 hours, try again later.

mtbr member
    The Facebook page seems to have the most updated information. Which is only current as of December 15th estimating a mid-February opening.

I'm curious about the obvious shenanigans that went on with this. The park has been fully built for quite a while (from an other side of the fence perspective), yet it remains closed until they "make riding conditions PRIME."

Somebody effed up pretty bad.

Kinda shitty that there's not more transparency with that, given that it's a public works project.

I suppose someone could do a CPRA request for communications between Parks and Rec and the contractor.

It's not great when the BART extension to Berryessa is winning the race to open.

mtbr member
    Jul 2017
    The Action Sports Director is a member here. When I chimed in late last year via email he indicated that it may open early this year? FC do you remember is handle?

PRETENDURO
    Quote Originally Posted by T.Max View Post
    The Action Sports Director is a member here. When I chimed in late last year via email he indicated that it may open early this year? FC do you remember is handle?
    I know this guy too. Won’t say his name or handle because then everyone will be bombarding him with messages about it. At the October 2016 Trail Head Cyclery swap meet, he said it was slated to open in March 2017…… obviously things change. Well, just like the 3.5 miles of singletrack up to Mount Umunhum, it will eventually happen. Just have hope, people; don’t give up.
    QUOTE from MTBR.COM: You have given Brewtality too much Reputation in the last 24 hours, try again later.

mtbr member
    So this was originally supposed to open in fall 2015. We are now in 2018 over 2 years late. The City spent a huge amount of money on this park. I know everyone is glad *something* has been built but a little pressure on the city to get things done would not be a bad thing.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by CrashWorship View Post
    So this was originally supposed to open in fall 2015. We are now in 2018 over 2 years late. The City spent a huge amount of money on this park. I know everyone is glad *something* has been built but a little pressure on the city to get things done would not be a bad thing.
    I agree. At least an explanation for why. I assume it's embarrassing, or there would be more transparency.

It also appears to be at least 90% finished for more than a year.

mtbr member
    Mar 2013
    So call me naive, but the City blew a $hitload of our tax money on this project and now likely because of some bureaucracy (or worse) it has been in limbo for a while, likely deteriorating. What can we do to put those people on a spot? Some body got to by responsible.

mtbr member
    Looks like they are starting to clean it up and get it ready for use.
    https://www.southbayriders.com/forums/threads/159179/

mtbr member
    I drove by on Friday afternoon and there was a guy in a bobcat working the ramps and tamping some of the burms. Looks like a lot of the weeds had been freshly pulled too. I pinged the company on Instagram as well too and they said it will for sure be open by Sea Otter. Hopefully sooner!

mtbr member
    Sep 2011
    Late and over budget? You don't say. Gee I sure hope it isn't operated inefficiently once it does finally open.

mtbr member
    I called the number listed on the FB page and it provided “winter hours”. Still not actually open though?