mtbr member

Lagoon Valley/Pena Adobe Conditions?

Anybody been out on the new-ish singletrack at Lagoon Valley/Pena Adobe in Vacaville since the rains? I'm leading a Rockville ride on Sunday, and might show some folks who want more mileage this loop on the way back to Sac.

I have heard the clay-like soil can get pretty sticky after a rain, and that it takes a while to dry since it's mostly north facing slopes. Should I just stick with Rockville (which I know weathers great), or will we be ok by Sunday? I have a feeling the newer sections might even be improved since they where in need of some compaction, as long as they didn't develop any huge puddles.
    Rollin' rocks will never die...

Urban Ninja
    Quote Originally Posted by jadedbee View Post
    Anybody been out on the new-ish singletrack at Lagoon Valley/Pena Adobe in Vacaville since the rains? I'm leading a Rockville ride on Sunday, and might show some folks who want more mileage this loop on the way back to Sac.

I have heard the clay-like soil can get pretty sticky after a rain, and that it takes a while to dry since it's mostly north facing slopes. Should I just stick with Rockville (which I know weathers great), or will we be ok by Sunday? I have a feeling the newer sections might even be improved since they where in need of some compaction, as long as they didn't develop any huge puddles.
    The trail is in great shape right now. Forecast is for chance of rain Friday night. Unless is really dumps Friday, the trail should be great on Sunday...
    For Sale: EPIC

Send it!

www.rayscyclebicycles.com