mtbr member

Lagoon Valley info help

Hey all, went out to lagoon valley in vacaville this morning. the info on singletracks.com/mtbr got me there but once i got to the park i was clueless where to go and start. I eventually followed the paved road past the dog park thing and then found the antenna fireroad/gate, went up the gravel road and then had no idea where to go. i made a right on one of the singletrack trails and it was an intense climb through the switchbacks up the hill. eventually i looked ahead and realized the trail kept going southeast and not back around. so i went down the trail which was awesome, then eventually thought to hell with it and rode down the hillside itself back to the singletrack.

That was all great and fun but Id rather find another route to the top and then back down, preferably something easier to the top. any suggestions/pictures that can guide my way?

Urban Ninja
    Quote Originally Posted by GQOSE
    Hey all, went out to lagoon valley in vacaville this morning. the info on singletracks.com/mtbr got me there but once i got to the park i was clueless where to go and start. I eventually followed the paved road past the dog park thing and then found the antenna fireroad/gate, went up the gravel road and then had no idea where to go. i made a right on one of the singletrack trails and it was an intense climb through the switchbacks up the hill. eventually i looked ahead and realized the trail kept going southeast and not back around. so i went down the trail which was awesome, then eventually thought to hell with it and rode down the hillside itself back to the singletrack.

That was all great and fun but Id rather find another route to the top and then back down, preferably something easier to the top. any suggestions/pictures that can guide my way?
    Other than the road, there is nothing easier. Most of the climbs at Lagoon Valley are short and steep. Did you find the lower trail that descends off the upper tower at the top of the antenna service road? It starts heading south then turns around (west) and heads back north and finally ends at the bottom of the service road near the gate. That descent is great! I've been working on a trail map for Lagoon Valley. Perhaps I'll start working on it again then post it here. How were the trail conditions on the single track? Did you see cattle out there on the single track?

We need some names for these trails. Anybody have idea's?
    For Sale: EPIC

Send it!

www.rayscyclebicycles.com

Urban Ninja
    Here's a map I created. It's still a work in progress. Not sure why it turned out 19mb?? I'll work out the kinks and post a better version asap.
    http://monticellocycling.org/LVP%20Map.pdf

Send it!

mtbr member
    Thanks a bunch Jeng, now have a way better idea what to do, gonna print this bad boy out and try again thursday.

Urban Ninja
    Quote Originally Posted by GQOSE
    Thanks a bunch Jeng, now have a way better idea what to do, gonna print this bad boy out and try again thursday.
    Glad I could help. Please report back to me with the trail conditions after your ride. Thanks.

Send it!

mtbr member
    Mar 2006
    The best way to ride at Lagoon Valley is to get back in your car and drive a few miles west to Rockville. Lagoon Valley Park is okay until you go to Rockville.

weekend worrier
    Quote Originally Posted by Lefty'sLefty
    The best way to ride at Lagoon Valley is to get back in your car and drive a few miles west to Rockville.
    Too true!

mtbr member
    I ride rockville frequently. its great, but find it a more of a training ground, everything seems so short. Lagoon Valley is huge, was hoping to find a good singletrack to go ride after or before class (live in Davis)

Urban Ninja
    I fixed the map. Only 191K now.
    http://www.monticellocycling.org/LVP%20Mapsm.pdf

Did you go ride? How was it?

Send it!

Urban Ninja

Bring a mountain lion knife..

You might want to shine up your mountain lion knife for you next trip to LVP.
    http://www.thereporter.com/ci_114601...hereporter.com

Send it!

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by jeng
    You might want to shine up your mountain lion knife for you next trip to LVP.
    They're probably just saw a little bobcat and thought it was a "big cat", kinda like the threads we get on here all the time.
    Its all Shits and Giggles until somebody Giggles and Shits

Urban Ninja
    I rode LVP Friday and the good news is the trails are still in good condition. The bad news is that the cows are now out. Ride it now before the next rain. After that the trails will be destroyed.

Send it!