Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    is down to roll...

Lafayette Bike Park

Hello all, there will be a public meeting on Monday September 8th at 7:15pm. The goal of this meeting is to bring together some of the information we have been collecting and start putting together a proposal for the Parks and Trail & Recreation Commission. If you are a Lamorinda or WC local and are interested in supporting a bike park, please post up and attend the meeting. If you happen to have documentation on other bike parks such as Folsom, Fresno / Woodward, proposals for Pacifica or SF, please let us know via the forum.

Thank you!
    East Bay Rich

mtbr member
    we are looking ofr anyone

here is the email

I am scheduling a meeting for Monday September 8th at 7:15pm. The goal of this meeting is to bring together some of the information we have been collecting and start putting together a proposal for the Parks and Trail & Recreation Commission. The PTR Commission meets on Wednesday the 10th. If Monday’s meeting is successful we will be able to report to the commission on Wednesday.

Tell your friends and other jumpers about this meeting so that we may get a large group of people working on this project.

Please e mail me back any information or input that you may have to put on the meeting agenda.

Jonathan "ACE" Katayanagi

Recreation Program Coordinator

City of Lafayette

(925) 595-4847 aceofrec@sbcglobal.net

is down to roll...
    The meeting is tonight. Hopefully we'll have good news to report later this week!

is down to roll...
    Hi all- if anyone knows who to contact regarding the Morgan Hill bike park, that would be great if you could post that info. My understanding is that they have a "sandbox" set up where the locals can build as they see fit as long as it's not over 6' tall. A scenario similar to that would be great for Lafayette. We even talked about rider built jumps that are certified after completion. Any ideas on how that might work? Who could certify them?
    Thanks,
    Rich

Feeling a little taller
    Quote Originally Posted by East Bay Rich
    Hi all- if anyone knows who to contact regarding the Morgan Hill bike park, that would be great if you could post that info. My understanding is that they have a "sandbox" set up where the locals can build as they see fit as long as it's not over 6' tall. A scenario similar to that would be great for Lafayette. We even talked about rider built jumps that are certified after completion. Any ideas on how that might work? Who could certify them?
    Thanks,
    Rich
    This is great work, Rich!

Where's Forrest when you need him?
    There are no stupid questions but there are A LOT of inquisitive idiots.

Bicycle Trails Council of the East Bay

mtbr member
    May 2006
    Thanks,
    Rich

EBR,

a little side note from your comment. In order for the state/city to allow such a thing, they will be very concern with liability. Your comment about certification will do no good even if it is from US cycling federation, IMBA.... That will not decrease the likehood of someone getting hurt while on one of the man made structure (not dirt jump).

In order to get anywhere, I think you need to have a licensed structural engineer or a licensed mechanical engineer stamp the construction drawing for your design/structure. Presenting this to the city will decrease the liability (while not eliminating it completely). I can imagine something similar to this for any playground.

This is the way I would approach your problem. Certainly a good bonus to present to the city that you are trying to work with. It is certainly easier if it is dont ask, dont tell with what you are planning. But when you work with the government, this is the kind of stuffs that just has to be done.

is down to roll...
    I heard Morgan Hill has a bike park that applies the "sandbox" approach.

http://www.morganhilltimes.com/news/...community-park

However, I don't have confirmation. Any one know details on that park? It's a bit out of the way for me...

Thanks,
    Rich

is down to roll...
    xpost

http://www.ridemonkey.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=215587

Lafayette bike park here we come

So it's happening. http://www.lafayettebikepark.com/HOME.html THe planing stages are starting and what not. if interested hit up the email on the bottom of the site.

East Bay- you are soon going to have a legal jump spot!
    as posted by yesimaddicted

If anyone wants to carpool from WC to the meeting let me know.

Feeling a little taller
    Great stuff!

mtbr member
    SO pumped on this. Sometimes working with the city dose pay off. And this is to all you kid/dirtjumper/future of the sport haters- We did the right thing, we went to the man, we talked to the man, we worked with the man and guess what we won.

Feeling a little taller
    I've got a facebook event on this: http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=132319075622. Please feel free to forward it on to all of your friends!

wg
    Fermented Grain Sampler
    Is there any detail on the proposed location. Maybe I'm missing that.
    I'm working my schedule to see if I make it.
    Don't harsh my mello

mtbr member
    the location will be near the lafayette community center. in the parks right beind it. the jumps will be near the baseball fields.

wait...what?
    I've heard about this..I'm pretty stoked...I'll be @ the meeting on March 6, anyone want to ride the community park (there's a couple cool spots) before the meeting? if its not raining....

is down to roll...
    It will be raining pretty steady through Wed. Thur/Fri will be scattered showers. Saturday will be clearing. Might be sloppy.
    I checked my calendar and will be out of town on Friday (DOH!). It will be helpful at the meetings if we all go around the room, say your name, any affiliations, and general location. If anyone can debrief me when I get back, that would be much appreciated.
    Thanks,
    Rich

mtbr member
    the trails are going to be way to sloppy to ride for the next week and a half, to much rain.

wait...what?
    yeah, March is already here...crap...rain is good, but I hate waiting...

is down to roll...
    The Bike Park site has been updated. Please take a moment to check out the progress.
    Design page:
    http://lafayettebikepark.com/Lafayet...k_/Design.html

Photos of the old (illegal) Creek Jumps, Creek restoration, and proposed site:
    http://lafayettebikepark.com/Lafayet...rk_/Photo.html

Another meeting has been tentatively scheduled for 3/13/09. Hope to see ya' there!

Thanks,
    Rich

mtbr member
    ill be there and if anyone wants input send them an emial with stuff that your interested in.

see ya on friday

Running sucks!
    Another meeting has been tentatively scheduled for 3/13/09. Hope to see ya' there!
    I brainfarted and missed the last meeting but will do my best to control my head flatulence this week
    Four wheels move the body. Two wheels move the soul.

wait...what?
    I hope we get a slopestyle park in there...What do you think, paintballeerXC? When do you think we will really start building it?

mtbr member
    hopefully by this fri. a time table will be up. The park is most lilky going to be orrinated around DJ's and maybe a pumptrack

check the website v 2.0 is up

wait...what?
    cool...c ya guys friday.

(aka "grace")

next meeting...

is this Friday. Last week Nat & Rachael gave an overview and started gathering specific input about types of features. There's info on the website about the overall process and the time & location for this week's meeting.

ride hard or die
    Mar 2004
    I hope this all works out. The inner east bay need something like this. Just wish it would have been around when I was still living in the area, would of had a blast!

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast