Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    fc
    stoked Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by RBoardman View Post
    Just picked up these from a friend. Will give an update on the iXS after a few rides.
    Those TLD's are very good. A bit warm but surprisingly good to pedal with.
    IPA will save America

fc
    stoked Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by Whitewater View Post
    I have never worn knee pads but will be picking up a pair here in the near future after a recent series of knee ouchies.Attachment 1138773
    pardon the bony joints... it's a gift.
    Good on you! Cause we NEVER plan our next crash.
    IPA will save America

fc
    stoked Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by 5k bike 50cent legs View Post
    Rode the Leatt Airflex Pro this weekend in the hot weather. Very comfortable and not too hot.
    Right on! They're actually cooler than knee warmers. Stay in place better too since the structure props upt up with your calf.

For those with no calf, sorry.
    IPA will save America

fc
    stoked Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by djjohnr View Post
    I ordered a bunch of trail specific knee pads a couple of months ago and wound up keeping the 7 Transitions.

I tried -

Troy Lee Speed Knee: protection too minimal
    Alpinestars Paragon: good protection, pretty bulky/hot
    Dakine Slayer: good protection, pretty bulky/hot
    Fox Launch: too bulky

I skipped the Leatts due to QC issues I've seen with them (stitching coming apart quick) and G-forms (not enough protection for knees IMHO - although I use them for elbow skin retention).

The 7s fit really well (better then all the pads listed above), the pad part molds to your knees, doesn't move and is a nice thick sas-tech type foam that gives good protection. I've done some 3.5 hour rides in East Bay heat and they've maintained being comfortable the whole day.
    Great strategy to find the right fit!!!!

I had to look up what you were talking about. Company is 7 IDP. That is their lightest pad, it looks like. Good to pedal with but not protection. Got a really bad review and photo here: https://www.backcountry.com/7-protec...Q&gclsrc=aw.ds

Leatt Airflex Pro quality is very good. The original Airflex is very light and thin but this one is more sturdy.

The other 7 IPD pads look good too.
    IPA will save America

mtbr member
    Sep 2013
    Like all pads fit is everything. The bad reviews I see there are from people who didn't get a good fit - the guy with the shredded knee had them move on him. The pad is actually thicker then it looks, and dissipates shock better then the others I tried (confirmed with hammer test). The only thing they don't have is great side protection; however I only use these for trail riding, I have other pads for DH.

fc
    stoked Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by djjohnr View Post
    Like all pads fit is everything. The bad reviews I see there are from people who didn't get a good fit - the guy with the shredded knee had them move on him. The pad is actually thicker then it looks, and dissipates shock better then the others I tried (confirmed with hammer test). The only thing they don't have is great side protection; however I only use these for trail riding, I have other pads for DH.
    Fit is very important for sure.

The other two things I'll stress are:
    Retention - does it stay in place? While pedaling? during a crash. This is a common issue with pads like the G-form and other slip ons. They're either too constrictive or they slip out during a crash.

Actual protection- this is probably the most important and often ignored in the US. How well does it protect? In the US, anybody can put a piece of cardboard in the knee and call it a knee pad. In Europe, you can't do that as it has to pass EN 1621.1 or .2 testing where they actually hit it with a hammer or a spike and measure the force dissipated. Pads here like the G-form, Specialized, light Fox and RaceFace do not pass testing. (That 7idp looks like it passes). So it's something to pay attention to.

fc
    IPA will save America

bad reputation
    Quote Originally Posted by squashyo View Post
    I bought the Leatts a couple months back and returned them. I did not like the fit at all and I prefer a pad that I can slide down to my ankles for climbs without hassle. I'm sticking with my IXS for now.
    I like my old school 661 knee pads for sliding up and or down without having to stop & get off the bike. Was just going to order a pair of the now famous Leatt aka "griz" pads, but I'm concerned about being able to slide them up and down. Why can't you do that with the Leatt's?

mtbr member
    Aug 2015
    The ixs flow looks comfy but also looks hot. Hows it in the heat?

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

fc
    stoked Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by jacksonlui View Post
    The ixs flow looks comfy but also looks hot. Hows it in the heat?

It's hot. The fit is now awesome for pedaling.
    IPA will save America

fc
    stoked Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by turfnsurf View Post
    I like my old school 661 knee pads for sliding up and or down without having to stop & get off the bike. Was just going to order a pair of the now famous Leatt aka "griz" pads, but I'm concerned about being able to slide them up and down. Why can't you do that with the Leatt's?
    The fit is snug and it is contoured to your knee bend. There are also grippers on the bottom and top cuff.

These new, light strapless ones have to be snug to stay in place during a crash.

They are really designed to stay on and not be moved for a 5000 foot climbing ride. And here in Norcal by the coast, it's doable since it ain't that hot.
    IPA will save America

mtbr member
    I just tried out the Leatt Airflex Pro. Not happy.

I am short, 5'3", so I bought the small. Perhaps that was the wrong size? My legs are huge! J/k but seriously they were stretched to the max, and pinching. Uncomfortable, and I actually suffered some chafing when pedaling.

They did stay put, so they had that going for them. They are super light which is nice.

The stitching at the cuffs was also readily coming undone. I guess I will try something else, I'll dig through this thread a little more.
    My brain's living room is my stomach.

fc
    stoked Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by jonny boy View Post

I am short, 5'3", so I bought the small. Perhaps that was the wrong size? My legs are huge! J/k but seriously they were stretched to the max, and pinching. Uncomfortable, and I actually suffered some chafing when pedaling.

They did stay put, so they had that going for them. They are super light which is nice.

The stitching at the cuffs was also readily coming undone. I guess I will try something else, I'll dig through this thread a little more.
    Right on. Try the newest, lightest pads from Alpinestars, Dainese, Raceface and POC.

Bear in mind that knee pad size has very little to do with your height. It is all about your knee and calf size (specially for these short, light ones). they have no straps and they have to stay in place during a crash so sizing is key.

fc
    IPA will save America

mtbr member

I had the same experience.
    I'm not sure how this works.

mtbr member
    I have the iXS flows and have over 2,000 miles on them including several crashes. The pro is that they offer good protection on the first impact, but due to the lack of top velcro (or a more secure fit) they do shift a bit. Second issue is that if you're riding without a layer underneath they start to rub your knee raw on rides over 20 miles. This is exacerbated by an internal seam that rubs directly on your knee -- see image below. Net is: they offer good all mountain protection and are not too hot, but I personally have chaffing issues on longer rides.
    Which Knee Pads And Where To Get Them?-img_6454.jpg

mtbr member
    I did a 15 mile ride with the iXS flows yesterday and thought they were pretty good. A little uncomfortable when climbing, but they stayed in place well and on the DHs I didn't notice them at all.

mtbr member
    Aug 2015
    What underlayer would you use? Ive had chafing issues with a few of my knee pads if they arent positioned just right

mtbr member
    Since I'm super susceptible to poison oak, I wear under armour heatgear or light weight soccer socks, both of which address chafing + oak issues.

fc
    stoked Administrator
    I did a 15 mile ride with the iXS flows yesterday and thought they were pretty good. A little uncomfortable when climbing, but they stayed in place well and on the DHs I didn't notice them at all.
    Yup. I can't climb with those.
    IPA will save America

fc
    stoked Administrator
    What underlayer would you use? Ive had chafing issues with a few of my knee pads if they arent positioned just right

Yup, chafing or rubbing during pedaling often occurs. A lot of light pads (g-forms) even do this to the back of your knee as the material bunches up. sometimes it's in front of the knee and the pad gets in the way.

If this is happening to you, the pad is no good or no good for your knee shape.
    IPA will save America

mtbr member
    Aug 2015
    Unfortunately by the time you spend $150+ and use them for an hr, you cant return them.

mtbr member
    Oct 2016

I used the 20% off ebay code (P20MEMDAY) for a pair of RaceFace Flank. I think my last set died cause I was careless when dismounting and the pedal pins managed to tear through the sides (perforations in the neoprene). Looking forward to getting the new pair.

Here's RF's fit guide: https://www.raceface.com/media/FitandCare_Guards.pdf

mtbr member
    Aug 2016
    i am a rookie with less experience (so protection is needed) and low budget, ordered this from amazon https://www.amazon.com/Shift-Racing-...GT32KCS5EKBXRH
    will report how it fits....

fc
    stoked Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by xxx123 View Post
    i am a rookie with less experience (so protection is needed) and low budget, ordered this from amazon https://www.amazon.com/Shift-Racing-...GT32KCS5EKBXRH
    will report how it fits....
    No. Those are moto pads. Can't really pedal and climb hills with those. The knee pad category has really evolved to lighter pads that we can pedal and ride all day with.

This one is soooo much better.

https://www.amazon.com/Alpinestars-M...S2SH6JV5BSK0JM

Also, the interviewed/advanced riders with a lot of experience are the ones who could use knee pads the most. Cause they ride a lot and crash big. And can't stand being sidelined!
    IPA will save America

mtbr super member
    I tried on a pair of XL leatt air flex pros yesterday. They fit great but I was hesitant to buy them because the rounded bottom of the rubber padding kind of rubs/digs into my shin when my leg goes straight. I can imagine it rubbing my shin raw each time my leg goes straight while pedaling.

I really want to buy them but wanted to ask if anyone else has had this issue? If so, did it go away after being broke in?

mtbr member
    Ok, so I did almost 20 miles today in warmer weather with these knee pads and they left a small raw spot on both knees from the seam inside. Gave them back to the guy who I "borrowed" them from on my way home. I guess I'll stick with the Troy Lee pads for now.

mtbr member
    Mar 2016
    Quote Originally Posted by Jukas View Post
    Just got my L air flex pros in. I'm wondering how snug these are supposed to be as I can get them on and in the right position but they're noticeable snug especially at the calf.

Now I'm wondering if I should order the xl and send these back or if these are the right size and they're just naturally snug to prevent slipping.
    Quote Originally Posted by fc View Post
    They should not be that tight.

They'll break in a little bit but they should not be uncomfortable when brand new. Even when not tight, they will stay on because of some sticky grippers and because they are primarily held up by your calf.
    So I did a couple rides with the Large size leatt airflex pros. I found they were pretty snug, getting them far enough up my calf for the kneecap to sit in the cup on the pad but they were never felt like they were cutting off circulation or hurting. What's interesting is after a couple rides, on my last longer ride 22mi 2h45m+ ride I found the top started slipping down a bit.

In the meantime I had ordered a pair of XL's which I have sittin gon my desk here. Now both are equally snug to pull up and take a little effort to get into place and I'm wondering with the (albiet minor) slippage of the L if I should bother trying the XL.

fc
    stoked Administrator
    I was out on an 8-hour ride with my Leatts. Worked out very well.
    IPA will save America

bad reputation
    Well I bought into the Griz/Fc Leatt Airflex Pro's and have now tried them out on two rides. I think I got the mediums - which are snug on my calfs and maybe a smidge loose above my knee cap. I used them to race Toro's Enduro the weekend before last and struggled to resist the urge to pull them down for the climbs. Rode with them again in Mendocino on Saturday on a 4 1/2 hour long day with about 4200' elevation gain. They are a good pad (but not perfect) if you are a "leave them on all day" type of rider, but the top part of the pad did slip down a bit while riding to leave the very top of the knee cap a little bit unprotected. I also could not get used to the feeling of something that snug on my leg. I actually thought I was beginning to cramp a few time & realized it was just the restriction of the pad that I was feeling. On my Toro ride as well as last Saturday's Mendo ride, I tried (out of habit) to slide the pads down while riding. It won't happen! Even stopping and getting off the bike, the grippy seams on the inside top and bottom of the pads hold well and resist sliding which is by design! I found this to be a positive & negative

On Sunday I did 6000' of climbing in Mendo and opted for my 661 pads. I'm not sure what model they are but back when I started using knee pads a decade or so ago I tried a pair of 661 "Kyle Straight" pads and loved them. The pair I used on Sunday is the same design as those with a different name (after they stopped paying KS to put his name on the pads.) They have an elastic base and velcro straps above and below the knee. I can slide them up and back down while riding (it takes a bit of effort) but they stay in place while riding, and provide good protection both to the knee cap and the sides of the knee. Hands down, these are my go to pads. I may choose to wear the Leat's on a local 2000' day and just "set 'em & forget 'em," but for the most part I prefer to slide pads down to my shins while climbing. Yes it's true that I occasionally forget to slide them back up before the decent but that's on me.

It's similar to how some folks won't wear a pack because they claim that they're too hot, heavy, or just plain uncomfortable. For me I'll keep the pack on but slide the knee pads down! It all comes down to personal preference. Until pads are custom tailored to my exact leg dimensions anyway

mtbr member
    Aug 2015
    Wow. 6k of elevation is a lot.
    Can you comment on how hot it gets with the leatt pro?

bad reputation
    Wow. 6k of elevation is a lot.
    Can you comment on how hot it gets with the leatt pro?

I wore the 661's on the 6k day.
    The Leatt's got pretty warm in Toro both pedaling and pushing my bike up the hills. Not as bad in Mendo where you're in the cool breeze of the forest but they definitely make you sweat!

Trail Gnome Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by turfnsurf View Post
    Well I bought into the Griz/Fc Leatt Airflex Pro's and have now tried them out on two rides. I think I got the mediums - which are snug on my calfs and maybe a smidge loose above my knee cap. I used them to race Toro's Enduro the weekend before last and struggled to resist the urge to pull them down for the climbs. Rode with them again in Mendocino on Saturday on a 4 1/2 hour long day with about 4200' elevation gain. They are a good pad (but not perfect) if you are a "leave them on all day" type of rider, but the top part of the pad did slip down a bit while riding to leave the very top of the knee cap a little bit unprotected. I also could not get used to the feeling of something that snug on my leg. I actually thought I was beginning to cramp a few time & realized it was just the restriction of the pad that I was feeling. On my Toro ride as well as last Saturday's Mendo ride, I tried (out of habit) to slide the pads down while riding. It won't happen! Even stopping and getting off the bike, the grippy seams on the inside top and bottom of the pads hold well and resist sliding which is by design! I found this to be a positive & negative
    Did you try a size large? That's what I'm running, and I have chicken legs. Mine don't move all day. I actually rode with out them today...I felt naked. I think I'm going to sleep with them on tonight

Moderator Moderator
    Apr 2011
    I have the POC Air knee pads. I took a HUGE hit on them 10 days ago. Oak tree straight on at 18 mph. I actually had a bunch of bark imbeded into the fabric of the pad. I was impressed that I walked and rode away. They don't breath well, but they've very brief compared to some that have large sleeves of unpadded fabric above and below the actual padded area. They dont like to be left in the truck on cold days and need your body heat to soften them.

But in terms of actual protection they seem like they punch well above their weight class.

I'll happily wear them in the 50mi Carson Epic in 2 weeks.

mtbr member
    Aug 2015
    Just bought a pair of Leatt Pro Airflex in Large and they are pretty tight fitting. I had a hard time pulling them over my calf. I'm currently on the 7iDP Coverts which I like a lot but lacks the side protection. The Airflex protection seems less than the Coverts (using just the medium foam and hardshell). I rammed my knee into a board and I felt it more with the Airflex. The air holes does't seem to contribute to any ventilation, not anymore than the Coverts. The ventilation is more apparent with the Dianese trailskins. All these damn knee pads start to rub my knee raw after a while. I might as well just strap some bras on my knees and call it a day.
    I'm debating whether I should give them a try or just return them. I'm hoping the Airflex loosens up a bit after use.

Trail Gnome Moderator
    Just bought a pair of Leatt Pro Airflex in Large and they are pretty tight fitting. I had a hard time pulling them over my calf. I'm currently on the 7iDP Coverts which I like a lot but lacks the side protection. The Airflex protection seems less than the Coverts (using just the medium foam and hardshell). I rammed my knee into a board and I felt it more with the Airflex. The air holes does't seem to contribute to any ventilation, not anymore than the Coverts. The ventilation is more apparent with the Dianese trailskins. All these damn knee pads start to rub my knee raw after a while. I might as well just strap some bras on my knees and call it a day.
    I'm debating whether I should give them a try or just return them. I'm hoping the Airflex loosens up a bit after use.
    I always buy two different sizes...see which one fits, and return the other/or both.

Over it
    Jun 2010
    Had the old Leatt's for over a year. I have 3 rides in with the new Griz Pro's--just about perfect. I just pull them down on the climbs. Just make sure you do the leg measurements and go by the sizing on their site.
    Friends don't let friends ride e-"bikes" on dirt.

"I'm just a big snitch with man boobs!" ~ GGG

mtbr member
    Aug 2015
    What's a griz pros?
    The amount of money ive spent on knee pads in the last 2yrs is disturbing

Over it
    Jun 2010
    ^^ Sorry, those are the Norcal version of Leatt Pro's.
    Friends don't let friends ride e-"bikes" on dirt.

"I'm just a big snitch with man boobs!" ~ GGG

Moderator Moderator
    Apr 2011
    In the last month I've had 2 instances putting my knee into trees. One was an extraordinary hard shot. Both times I was wearing my POC VPD Air pads. I'm SUPER IMPRESSED with the level of protection provide. I'm quite certain I'd have needed surgery without them.

They don't breathe very well, but they dont have the large areas of coverage w/ no padding like most of the spandex based pads you're talking about. Where there's padding there's coverage and no where else. So net they're not any more sweaty.

NRP
    mtbr member
    Sep 2015
    I got a set of Leatt Airflex Pros (XL). So far, I like them. They're pretty comfortable. I do notice that they are pretty tight around the calf, but feel kind of loose around the thigh - almost to the point of making me think they've slipped down off my knee. But when I stop to pull them up, I find they are perfectly in place over my knee. So basically they feel a little too tight on the calf, but a little too loose on the thigh.

I haven't crashed yet, so I don't know how well they protect, but they've got to be better than the G-Forms i was using before.

fc
    stoked Administrator
    What's a griz pros?
    The amount of money ive spent on knee pads in the last 2yrs is disturbing

Griz is just a man, yet he is more than a man. He is one of us, the best of us.

He is the NorCal forum moderator.
    IPA will save America

mtbr member
    Aug 2015
    15 miles, 2 hrs today in fairly hot weather. After 15min i forget about them. Its not anymore or less comfy than my coverts. I dont feel the holes in the front do anything. Its a bitch to get on and off but maybe thats a good thing. I didnt understand the pointy plastic near the shin, why didnt they make it wider so it digs into the shin less. I had to put my socks under it. I can feel my knee rubbing inside the pad but after 2hrs i didnt experience any rawness. My left knee is a little red but as long as it doesnt get raw its ok. So far its good. Im a little worried about it sliding down in a crash because the rubber material is grippy. The coverts have a smooth rough material which doesnt grab onto anything. The one thing i like about the air flex pro are the side protection, sometimes i get that slow mo flop on climbs or lose my front on a turn, side protection is good. I'll give it another 2hrs this weekend. The rubbing is the only concern and worse case i can get some sort of thin lycra knee brace.

mtbr member
    Aug 2015
    Did another 25 miles today. Not as hot and the ventilation seems to work ok. Last time was just too hot to feel anything. No rubbing today. The trick is to pull the pad higher over the calf so it sits higher above the knee. Cool beans.

Wēk Ss
    Any shops carry the Leatt in the South Bay? Tread, Trailhead, etc.?

mtbr member
    Jul 2017
    I've recently purchased the Dakine Helion Pads. They seem to have perfect protection on the front/sides. They stay put, fit into the crevice of the knee without discomfort. I'd suggest them for sure.

mtbr member
    Nov 2016
    I ended up getting the Leatt Airflex Pros Large and have liked them so far.

Quote Originally Posted by NRP View Post
    I got a set of Leatt Airflex Pros (XL). So far, I like them. They're pretty comfortable. I do notice that they are pretty tight around the calf, but feel kind of loose around the thigh - almost to the point of making me think they've slipped down off my knee. But when I stop to pull them up, I find they are perfectly in place over my knee. So basically they feel a little too tight on the calf, but a little too loose on the thigh.

I haven't crashed yet, so I don't know how well they protect, but they've got to be better than the G-Forms i was using before.
    I have had about the same exact experience with mine so far. I will see how they do over more rides.

Wēk Ss
    Bought the Leatt, from Leatt. It's seriously bitchin!

mtbr member
    Jan 2017
    I got the POC Joint VPD 2.0 knee pads last week and have gotten then out on several rides. I decided if I was wearing knee pads I wanted more protection than most of the lightweight pads in this thread. These POCs seem like a good balance for me. Many of my rides are climb 3-5 miles then descend so carrying them in the pack and putting them on is easy. The first few rides in them I just kept them on the whole ride to feel them out and had no issues with discomfort or chafing. Keeping the top strap a little loose helped (I'm out of the saddle a lot on my single speed). I'm 6' 170#, sizing chart/measurements said Medium and they fit.

fc
    stoked Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by IAmHolland View Post
    Bought the Leatt, from Leatt. It's seriously bitchin!
    Airflex Pro?

It's Norcal approved.

I've hit my knee hard 4x. No damage. One time my knee felt strange for a week. Then I realized my knee took the most of the force when I hit a tree. I checked the pad and there were the tree marks.
    IPA will save America

Wēk Ss
    Airflex Pro?

It's Norcal approved.

I've hit my knee hard 4x. No damage. One time my knee felt strange for a week. Then I realized my knee took the most of the force when I hit a tree. I checked the pad and there were the tree marks.
    Yes, Airflex Pro. I got the Airflex elbow pads too, which also fit amazingly well. I had the Fox Launch Pro pads for knee/shin and elbow, 4yo or so. I never wore them unless I was really uncertain (such as riding on big rocks), cause they were a PITA to constantly readjust after riding a bit and they retained lots of heat and sweat. These are magic. I will use them with regularity.

fc
    stoked Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by IAmHolland View Post
    Yes, Airflex Pro. I got the Airflex elbow pads too, which also fit amazingly well. I had the Fox Launch Pro pads for knee/shin and elbow, 4yo or so. I never wore them unless I was really uncertain (such as riding on big rocks), cause they were a PITA to constantly readjust after riding a bit and they retained lots of heat and sweat. These are magic. I will use them with regularity.
    Right on. Elbow pads are much harder to keep in place since the the forearm tapers down. Thus they have to be tight.

For knees, calves are usually bigger below the knee so they keep the pads in place without too much straps or tension.

In our last Demo ride, 4 out of 5 of us were wearing Airflex Pros.
    IPA will save America

mtbr member
    Aug 2017
    Thanks to the recommendation from this thread I bought the Airflex pro knee and elbow guards. The size chart was helpful although I seemed to be right at the upper limit of the measurements for large, but not quite at the XL size. Snug, but not uncomfortable. I rode about an hour yesterday at JMP and after a few minutes I forgot they were even on.

Sadly, I experienced similar results as a couple others pointed out. The lower band was hard to pull over my calves and noticed some of the stitching coming loose after pulling them over, only happened to 1. I used an old trick with burning the ends of the threads with a bic lighter and it seems to have stopped the unstitching. The stitching itself must have been made too tight, obviously, and not allowing the material to stretch. It seems that the stitching that is coming loose isn't really holding the pad together, but rather keeping the lower band folded under. Time will tell how they hold up for me.

The elbow pads are very comfortable and sit above my bicep so they stay in place well. The sizing was a little off, a little big, unless they are supposed to be slightly loose. Even still, they never slipped down and were very comfortable.

Overall I am happy and would buy them again. Thanks.

mtbr member
    Been using the TLD Speed Sleeves for most rides the past 9 months or so, but they started to lose enough of their grip to start sliding a bit out of place during the last month. Not sure what pads to try next, I grabbed my TLD Raid pads for a long (~25 miles, 3000ft) ride. Kept the Raids off for the first climb, then put em on for the rest of the ride (including another big climb). I never would've made the Raids my first choice for such a ride, but that may change. They're not heavy, they stay in place and they're surprisingly comfortable to pedal in. At first they feel a bit hot, but after 5 minutes or so I didn't notice. Will update.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "So you think it's the hat?... A lot of people hate this hat. It angers a lot of people, just the sight of it." - Uncle Buck

mtbr member
    Aug 2017
    So, after just 2 rides and zero crashes my Leatt Airflex Pro knee pad is falling apart. Oddly, it is only the right knee pad that is having the issues. Left knee pad has no loose threads at all. Found no email address on their website, only a phone number of their US office in Santa Clarita. I will call them on Tuesday and see what they can do. These things fit and feel great, but if they don't last more than 2 rides...... I used the size chart on their website and ordered them according to my measurements.

Trail Gnome Moderator
    ^^^Ive had mine since April, and I wash them after every ride or two...contact the business you purchased them from; also contact Leatt direct, as it's their product. I'm sure you will get a new pair sent to you...let us know how their customer service is?

fc
    stoked Administrator
    I was on a good ride this morning on a trail that is getting trickier by the day. I was focused on the next set of tree roots when my tire went an inch too wide from the good dirt and I instantly washed out in the middle of the trail. I flew in front of the bike and dragged my knees. Had my Leatts on so just a couple nicks on my shin. Yeah.
    Last edited by fc; 09-03-2017 at 06:11 PM.
    IPA will save America

mtbr member
    Nov 2014
    Only rode 1 day this year without kneepads. And of course it's the day I go down (front wheel washout in Tahoe moondust) and my bar end slams into the soft tissue just on the inside of the kneecap. Up and down stairs sure sucks right now. Otherwise I love my RF Ambush. They're sitting on a shelf laughing at me right now.

mtbr member
    Aug 2017
    Just want to follow up on my warranty situation with my airflex pro knee pads. I purchased the pads through Jenson so I sent them an email over the weekend and attached the pics I posted up. Jenson responded to my email this morning and said they started the warranty claim with Leatt for me. Late this afternoon I heard back and was told all I needed to do was submit a couple pics with the warranty claim number and Leatt would send me a new set. One of the pics needs to be of the pads cut into 2 pieces. I have no reason to doubt them but it does make me feel a bit uneasy cutting them up before I get the replacement. But, I do understand the need for it, and also appreciate them not asking me to hassle with shipping them back. So, here goes nothing...lol.

fc
    stoked Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by bryanc View Post
    Just want to follow up on my warranty situation with my airflex pro knee pads. I purchased the pads through Jenson so I sent them an email over the weekend and attached the pics I posted up. Jenson responded to my email this morning and said they started the warranty claim with Leatt for me. Late this afternoon I heard back and was told all I needed to do was submit a couple pics with the warranty claim number and Leatt would send me a new set. One of the pics needs to be of the pads cut into 2 pieces. I have no reason to doubt them but it does make me feel a bit uneasy cutting them up before I get the replacement. But, I do understand the need for it, and also appreciate them not asking me to hassle with shipping them back. So, here goes nothing...lol.
    Let's see the cut pic!!!
    IPA will save America

mtbr member
    I have a pair of dakine slayers (i think? the less-burly ones) and i'm prone to skin aggravations. i've ridden with them nearly every day for the last 3 months, and rarely notice they're there. i've only had one crash on them where i hit my knee on a rock and didn't really feel it. a bit sore the next day but what are you gonna do?
    they're pretty cheap at REI (50-60$ i think) and they seem to be holding up well condition-wise, so i'd definitely recommend them especially given that you can go and try them on (most people live somewhat near an REI) vs blind-ordering something off CRC.
    (yes this is my first post but not sponsored or anything like that, just offering experience!)
    i'm not that gnarly

mtbr member
    Aug 2017
    Let's see the cut pic!!!
    I feel so dirty....lol.

mtbr member
    Aug 2017
    Just thought I would update this thread. I got my new set of knee pads yesterday. Jenson handled the claim with Leatt and shipped me a new set free of charge. The only delay was that Leatt was out of stock and had to wait an extra week for their supplier. The new pads have zero loose threads and appear to be well made. They fit nice and survived my short ride today without issue.

Big thanks to Jenson USA and Leatt for taking care of the situation easily, and quickly.

mtbr member
    Jan 2010
    I've had very good luck with the airflex pros. The first knee pads I can honestly say I don't think about when pedaling uphill.

mtbr member
    I also ordered a pair of the Leatt Airflex Pros based on overwhelming positive reviews on this thread and elsewhere. They fit well, have just the right amount of coverage, stay put when pedaling and look to be well made. Unfortunately the bottom of the plastic knee cup rubs the top of my shin raw when pedaling. Anyone else have this issue? Maybe it's just my wonky shaped legs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I will cause thee to ride upon the high places of the earth...
    Isaiah 58:14

www.stuckinthespokes.com

mtbr member
    Jan 2008
    I have a pair of Leatt Airflex Pros in Medium that I ordered from Amazon and forgot to return (had to get large). Too late to return now - if someone wants them for cheap, PM me (I live on the peninsula).

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12