Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

Kennedy Turkey Day 2012

14K views 138 replies 42 participants last post by  gregg 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
#11 ·
Great thread start.

The key to Turkey Ride is growing it and sharing.

So the question is: What are you bringing to share? Who are you bringing up there new to share the experience.

fc
My bud Ryan from NYC. He's a New York State Trooper...(Chips to all of us California folk) He's done Kennedy, Jones, DogMeat, and Demo (including Braille as a virgin) and still, still keeps coming back to NorCal. We're gonna bring ...turkey, no, pig, no, (that's the PhilliMafia's job) just some desserts and alcohol.

See y'all at the top! I will again stand at the top; of the final climb and cheer you all on. Maybe Menso can bring Vodak? (Fark reference)

Cheers:thumbsup:

#39 ·
Funny. I was thinking of bringing a pie too. But it's pretty fragile with the crispy crust and soft innards. So, I changed to something else. Otherwise, if it must be a pie, a Tupperware container and a sense of humor as it'll be all squished up by the time we reach the top. :D

#23 ·
Meet IFO Summit Cycles, downtown Los Gatos, 8am. Actually be there before that, the ride rolls about 8am. Up Kennedy Rd. to the trailhead, then up the hill. Hang out on top for as long as you want. I'm usually out of there by 10am, but many just stay up and party. It'll either be very cold, dry, wet, moderate, possibly in between, completely cloudy, with heavy fog and bright sunshine. Be prepared!

Go down the same way, or down the backside (Dogmeat, into Lexington, up Jones, and out to downtown Los Gatos.

Best bet is to layer. You're going to climb hard for 45mins - 1 hour, then stop at the top. So you're going to be wet. Consider that for the ride down where wet ='s very cold.

Last year it was warmish at the top (high 50's) Year before it was several degrees below freezing at 8am. Be prepared! Eat pig and bird, drink responsibly, pack everything out, and have fun!

#26 ·
I will be there. PBR, some fancy stuff and cookies. My have a 2 year old tag-a-long this time, so I might have to skip the Jager shots.

#31 ·
I am in for sure. What will I bring you ask? I will bring a deep fat fryer and will be making funnel cakes at the top. It is pretty simple really. I just need to tote up about two 5 gallon propane tanks, deep fat fryer, fire extinguisher, plaid oven mitts, lace apron, 10 gallons of vegetable oil and the dough. Jeez, I think that is all. Oh yeah, powdered sugar too. I was going to tow up a taco stand but that just seems over the top and not really as festive. See you all up there.

#35 ·
In.

It looks like my wife is off this year (at least so far), so I may leave the kids at home w/ her this year to sleep in... really depends on the weather. If I am not towing 2 knuckleheads in a trailer, I may singlespeed it this year.

Either way I'll bring some DIPAs and treats.

#37 ·
In.

It looks like my wife is off this year (at least so far), so I may leave the kids at home w/ her this year to sleep in... really depends on the weather. If I am not towing 2 knuckleheads in a trailer, I may singlespeed it this year.

Either way I'll bring some DIPAs and treats.
Coming up Kennedy or that other trail ? Just curious. :skep: Can't wait to see the SS. :thumbsup:

#41 ·
What about the ultra-light carbotanium?

My plan afterward is to go back down Woods via the Rollercoasters (Bogdan's got a funny story about last year) through Quicksilver… unless the rains have closed Quicksilver, in which case my plan will be to go up Barlow to Umuhnum and back down Barlow to Woods and down Hicks one way or the other.

#48 ·
I just realized that Turkey day is on a Thursday and I get off at 7am. I will bring my bike to work and head over after I get off for the start of the ride. I am going to need some serious coffee before, during and after the ride. 12 hour night shift s slowly killing me. Oh well, two tears in a bucket, f**k it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.