Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

Kennedy Turkey Day 2012

14K views 138 replies 42 participants last post by  gregg 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
#126 ·
A few more photos…

Turkey trailer

Kmax

Toast! Leopold Porkstacker, Nelson34(I think?), ranger, theseawind, Micheal, diskus, ElHombre's arm

shredchic

Francois, plymmer, ElHombre

plymmer, ratpick, ElHombre

Time to go…bailout, Kmax, the seawind

Lily's Mom, Lily'sDad, and Lily

Happy Holidays!
///Charlie

#133 ·
Just got back home in ON, Canada from visiting friends in San Jose. We did the Turkey Ride. I had a blast! Fantastic ride and atmosphere up top!
Can anyone tell me what's the total climb from the bottom gate or maybe even including the Kennedy Rd. climb?

#134 ·
I can give you from the bottom gate to the top intersection where the party was is 1850 ft. gain. The out and back the way you came to the gate is 2000 ft. gain. You do a 150 ft. gain climb back to the gate / start. Not sure on the Kennnedy road climb as I trail ride only with no pavement. I have done the Kennedy trail climb a few times! :thumbsup:

#138 ·
Okay, only a week late, but here's a few pix I took.

Always a great ride and great seeing so many people up there!

-The 8:30 crowd at the gate. Kudos to the rangers for opening the gates, was a real cluster before that.

-JeffH leaves the motor at home today.

-iBikergal, JeffH, rensho, The Law and d-bug at the gate

-my crew, before the drinking

-ran into Pocahontas and mom cheering on all the bikers, yay!

-happy riders

-Shane riding his VooDoo pulling his precious cargo (beers!)

-rensho sez, this climb sucks!

Attachments

#139 ·
A few more misc pix. Had a fun ride down Priest Rock to Overgrown. Was definitely riding a bit more "loose" after the Jager. Bummer about the downed rider, but it's easy to see how something bad could happen under those conditions.

-mtbikermom and friends
-Oak Tree gathering
-crowd at the top...bigger than ever!
-John Hauer from X-fusion greeting friends
-Ali gets her drink on!
-Mark59 filming the antics
-Theseawind offers francois some yummy pot pie!

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.