Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

Kennedy Turkey Day 2012

14K views 138 replies 42 participants last post by  gregg 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
#93 ·
Dang, Scott. That's a serious offer. Only thing is, I ain't towing shite up this year! Ack. The cost of childcare ate into my turkey fund. I'll offer up the Bob trailer and a cooler though, if someone's got something substantial for it. Otherwise, I'm going lightweight with a backpack full of Pliny this year. (turkey fund and pliny fund non-transferable. ;-) )

G
#100 ·
Was going to go light (Carbon Rigid) and bring nothing, but decided to switch it up last night. Gonna ride the Morewood and carry a couple Pints up the hill. Cappuccino Stout and Chocolate Stout. Looking forward to the great conditions and happy crowds and the fun ride down Priest on the bigger bike. I too have to travel today, but screw it, don't want to miss the party up there.

#104 ·
And I'm back!

Looks like a great turnout. I got up about 8:45 to the summit. Had to head down at 9 unfortunately.
Think there were enough rangers and deputies out there this year?

#107 ·
#109 ·
What an awesomw day its was. My legs are cooked, wife is happy that I am home and I am ready for my second helping of turkey. I wish I had pics to share but I lost a camera up there at the top in a black case. If anyone found it PM me and I can descibe what is on the sd card or type of camera it is.

#111 ·
First time I finally made it out to this ride-have to say a HUGE thanks to Leopold for tuning up my Pug and staying with me as I died up the hill-I went so slow at one point my Garmin stopped tracking while I was still riding! Hikers passed me up walking! But Leopold always was there along with Ancient Rascal to make sure I made it. Actually did ok for the Fat bikes first ride up Kennedy I guess. Saw a lot of friends and was asked ALOT of questions about the Pug. Good times-now off to eat-Happy Thanksgiving to everyone and your families!

#115 ·
I was going down, and saw LP offering to turn around to to help you out. Whassup with the fat bikes? You shrugged him off. Was there beer?
:thumbsup:

#120 ·
Well, that was fun. Happy Thanksgiving!
Holy Moly Ratpick. Epic!!!!

That could have been bad. Well, you probably have poison oak exposure now!

On my Priest Rock descent, there was a rider down on the steep part. There were about 20 riders around him and 2 cyclist/doctors as they waited for rescue. He was ALL jacked up. Post if you have an update.

fc

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.