Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

Kennedy Turkey Day 2012

14K views 138 replies 42 participants last post by  gregg 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
#54 ·
giving 2:1 odds that you show up;)

#64 ·
A burlap sack tied to the seatpost would be much easier. Just drag it behind you and whatever you lose along the way, you didn't need anyway. Very cool with the shock and all. I wish I knew how to weld because I would make a cool trailer for myself.

#67 ·
I'm in, all the way from ON, Canada! First time in Cali, visiting friends in SJ. Hope to get out on a few more rides.
Too bad I won't be able to bring my Misfit - I'd love to ride my own bike. But I guess a rental is better than no riding at all!

Arek

#68 ·
Throwing this out there for those who have a turkey or something big but don't want to haul it up: if you or someone else has a trailer that I can attach to my bike, I'll haul it up. PM me. If I don't get any takers, I'm going to ride my 45 lb DH sled up with a bag of leftover Halloween candy. Maybe some beers too. :)

#80 ·
Latest from the Sekret underground weather shack for the ride tomorrow:

Perfect. Should be very mild low 50's at the start with temps rising to mid 60's by early afternoon. No rain, no cold air.

It's the Bay Area so this could change by then but it looks pretty stable now.

See everyone tomorrow. I'll be the cool one, on that bike, with that thing and that certain jacket I like...

#84 ·
Remember, 8am Rollout of the Summit Bike Shop. If you do your own thing and roll out earlier or later, you will miss half the fun. If you roll out at 7am and descend by 9am, you are beyond help :)

This will be the warmest Turkey ride on record. Means minimal ice.

fc

#97 ·
This will be the warmest Turkey ride on record. Means minimal ice.
In 2010 the temps were in the freezing range, and last year (2011) it was like being inside of a 44°F cloud the entire time. Looks as though this time it could actually be sunny and WARM for a change. Looking forward to this. Look for the doofus on the orange fatbike with the Duvel tripel hop.

#85 ·
whats up everyone. new to the site. thinkin of joinin you for the turkey day ride. Wann get a ride in before i stuff my face. never rode kennedy before. hows the uphill. ive made it up mission peak once. nearly died a few times but made it to the top. normally ride gap and demo.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.