Kennedy Turkey Day 2012

Printable View

• 11-14-2012
    outagas
    The plan as of now...tandem rigid, pulling my 3 years old in her Burley and did I mention Pilgram costumes?
  • 11-14-2012
    Dion
    Quote:

Originally Posted by pmarshall View Post
    Oh well, two tears in a bucket, f**k it.

House Party - Two Tears In A Bucket - YouTube
  • 11-14-2012
    pmarshall
    Quote:

Originally Posted by outagas View Post
    The plan as of now...tandem rigid, pulling my 3 years old in her Burley and did I mention Pilgram costumes?

I wore a pilgrim costume last year and had the turkey guy on the TT bike pass me on the road to the trailhead. I forgot my ax!
  • 11-14-2012
    Nelson34
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Leopold Porkstacker View Post
    Nelson34ís got a decent trailer for that sort of getup. :thumbsup:

I don't think I could get the cargo bike up to the top-maybe the electric assist might be the trick??
  • 11-17-2012
    motorbacon
    Got some knobby take offs from work. Excited to see you silly fools there.
  • 11-17-2012
    snowjnky
    Quote:

Originally Posted by motorbacon View Post
    Got some knobby take offs from work. Excited to see you silly fools there.

giving 2:1 odds that you show up;)
  • 11-17-2012
    motorbacon
    Where there is beer...I will be.
  • 11-19-2012
    Dion
    I have to be home by 11:00am, so I may not go. I'm stuck with cleaning chores.
  • 11-19-2012
    francois
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Dion View Post

That's pretty weak. We may have to make up a better story for you. Or get you a better negotiator.

fc
  • 11-19-2012
    snowjnky
    Quote:

dude drop $40 on it https://www.pathjoy.com/
  • 11-19-2012
    ancient rascal
    Quote:

Originally Posted by snowjnky View Post

Kaboom...fixed ! This deal won't affect the motorbacon odds .... right ?
  • 11-19-2012
    motorbacon
    Quote:

Originally Posted by ancient rascal View Post

http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_mdcr84UF261qfbhp5.gif
  • 11-19-2012
    Dion
    Quote:

Originally Posted by ancient rascal View Post

I'm going to try and make it, but I don't think there's gonna be a whole lotta hanging out at the top for me. Matiasquatch is excite be there, although he may have to duck any low hanging (10ft.) branches.
  • 11-19-2012
    francois
    Quote:

Originally Posted by snowjnky View Post

Yep, or make the place spotless the night before and drop $40 on flowers to adorn the house.

fc
  • 11-19-2012
    francois
    If there is any doubt what trailer is best, check out the video on this article. It BoB trailer shreddin.

The Bend Confidential: COTA is a Model for Building Trails that Mountain Bikers Want | Mountain Bike Review

fc
  • 11-19-2012
    pmarshall
    A burlap sack tied to the seatpost would be much easier. Just drag it behind you and whatever you lose along the way, you didn't need anyway. Very cool with the shock and all. I wish I knew how to weld because I would make a cool trailer for myself.
  • 11-19-2012
    francois
    1 Attachment(s)
    Are you ready?

Kennedy is ready.
  • 11-19-2012
    tsimbu
    In with my 11yo daughter. She's really excited to go.
    In her words "Biking AND food, this is gonna be cool!"

Travis

Now the dilemma, what to bring?

C'mon people I need a challenge! :thumbsup:
  • 11-19-2012
    Arek
    I'm in, all the way from ON, Canada! First time in Cali, visiting friends in SJ. Hope to get out on a few more rides.
    Too bad I won't be able to bring my Misfit - I'd love to ride my own bike. But I guess a rental is better than no riding at all!

Arek
  • 11-19-2012
    mtbhead
    Throwing this out there for those who have a turkey or something big but don't want to haul it up: if you or someone else has a trailer that I can attach to my bike, I'll haul it up. PM me. If I don't get any takers, I'm going to ride my 45 lb DH sled up with a bag of leftover Halloween candy. Maybe some beers too. :-)
  • 11-19-2012
    Dion
    Well, I just got yelled at for mentioning me going on this ride, when cleaning has to be done. :lol:

Have fun guys.
  • 11-19-2012
    SCTreeHugger
    I'm in.

I'll be running the Irish coffee station.
  • 11-20-2012
    ancient rascal
    francois called it !
    Quote:

Well, I just got yelled at for mentioning me going on this ride, when cleaning has to be done. :lol:

Have fun guys.

Happy wife .... happy life. Pretty sure B. Climber will not be able to go either. We see if he responds to this post. Plenty of others in your boat me thinks! We meet another time Dion. ;) - Ben
  • 11-20-2012
    K-max
    Not looking too good for me at the moment. I still need to find a babysitter for my two little tikes. Hoping it works out! I've got two co-workers going!
  • 11-20-2012
    K-max
    Hold the presses....childcare hookup located. I am going to make this thing HAPPEN!!!