Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
Results 26 to 50 of 143
  1. #26
    Snowjnky McDreamy
    Reputation: snowjnky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    2,352
    Quote Originally Posted by Dion View Post
    Ride up the hill, hang out, drink beer, eat a lot, jager shots, admire Sparky's beard, ride down the hill.
    fixed
    Brother Seamus?
    Like an Irish monk?
    Comic relief in a discussion does no harm..
    CS Lewis
    Quadzilla

  2. #27
    Snowjnky McDreamy
    Reputation: snowjnky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    2,352
    I will be there. PBR, some fancy stuff and cookies. My have a 2 year old tag-a-long this time, so I might have to skip the Jager shots.
    Brother Seamus?
    Like an Irish monk?
    Comic relief in a discussion does no harm..
    CS Lewis
    Quadzilla

  3. #28
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    1,247
    Gonna try to make it.

  4. #29
    Is now still the time?
    Reputation: Sorcerer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    831
    In...single speeding...double IPAs
    SOrCerer

  5. #30
    PRETENDURO
    Reputation: Leopold Porkstacker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    6,886
    Quote Originally Posted by francois View Post
    So the question is: What are you bringing to share?
    Beer. Hopefully bringing a couple German 2-liter bottles of good schtuff.
    QUOTE from MTBR.COM: You have given Brewtality too much Reputation in the last 24 hours, try again later.

  6. #31
    PRETENDURO
    Reputation: Leopold Porkstacker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    6,886
    Quote Originally Posted by snowjnky View Post
    I will be there. PBR, some fancy stuff and cookies. My have a 2 year old tag-a-long this time, so I might have to skip the Jager shots.
    Fortunately, most two year olds don’t know what Jaegermeister is, so I think you’re safe.
    QUOTE from MTBR.COM: You have given Brewtality too much Reputation in the last 24 hours, try again later.

  7. #32
    mtbr member
    Reputation: pmarshall's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    1,775
    I am in for sure. What will I bring you ask? I will bring a deep fat fryer and will be making funnel cakes at the top. It is pretty simple really. I just need to tote up about two 5 gallon propane tanks, deep fat fryer, fire extinguisher, plaid oven mitts, lace apron, 10 gallons of vegetable oil and the dough. Jeez, I think that is all. Oh yeah, powdered sugar too. I was going to tow up a taco stand but that just seems over the top and not really as festive. See you all up there.
    They never made the "Slowster"

  8. #33
    Weird huh?
    Reputation: cmdrpiffle's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    2,128
    Quote Originally Posted by pmarshall View Post
    I am in for sure. What will I bring you ask? I will bring a deep fat fryer and will be making funnel cakes at the top. It is pretty simple really. I just need to tote up about two 5 gallon propane tanks, deep fat fryer, fire extinguisher, plaid oven mitts, lace apron, 10 gallons of vegetable oil and the dough. Jeez, I think that is all. Oh yeah, powdered sugar too. I was going to tow up a taco stand but that just seems over the top and not really as festive. See you all up there.
    Harumphh....we were expecting tacos
    And don't do the burrito jump... Francois

  9. #34
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    6,535
    Paul, I'll hook up the taco stand. I'm going to attach a trailer with an entire mariachi band.

  10. #35
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    1,247
    Just ordered a parts to climb the hill. I am excite. I hope my commuter tires don't kill me.

  11. #36
    ask
    ask is offline
    user
    Reputation: ask's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    758
    In.

    It looks like my wife is off this year (at least so far), so I may leave the kids at home w/ her this year to sleep in... really depends on the weather. If I am not towing 2 knuckleheads in a trailer, I may singlespeed it this year.

    Either way I'll bring some DIPAs and treats.

  12. #37
    VRC Illuminati
    Reputation: Rumpfy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Posts
    16,834
    Quote Originally Posted by snowjnky View Post
    I will be there. PBR, some fancy stuff and cookies. My have a 2 year old tag-a-long this time, so I might have to skip the Jager shots.
    I was just thinkin' about that. My kid will still hardly be up by shove off time, let alone have the patience for an hour of climbing.

    Bring the refound Ritchey! I'm bringin' mine this year.
    -eric-

    http://www.rumpfy.com
    Wanted: NDS Suntour XC Pro Microdrive 175mm Crank Arm.

  13. #38
    mtbr member
    Reputation: ancient rascal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    2,585
    Quote Originally Posted by ask View Post
    In.

    It looks like my wife is off this year (at least so far), so I may leave the kids at home w/ her this year to sleep in... really depends on the weather. If I am not towing 2 knuckleheads in a trailer, I may singlespeed it this year.

    Either way I'll bring some DIPAs and treats.
    Coming up Kennedy or that other trail ? Just curious. Can't wait to see the SS.
    You became weak loafing around in that big girly gear! -Soares

  14. #39
    aka baycat
    Reputation: Ryan G.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    8,479
    Down in the South Bay this year. Will bring some Bud Light Platinum.

  15. #40
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    2,476
    Quote Originally Posted by theseawind View Post
    Will be there hopefully with a few newbies. I will bring a turkey pie. Any recommendation as to how I could carry the pie up the mountain without getting it smashed in my camelpak?
    Funny. I was thinking of bringing a pie too. But it's pretty fragile with the crispy crust and soft innards. So, I changed to something else. Otherwise, if it must be a pie, a Tupperware container and a sense of humor as it'll be all squished up by the time we reach the top.
    We Ride In God's Country!

  16. #41
    PRETENDURO
    Reputation: Leopold Porkstacker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    6,886
    Quote Originally Posted by Dion View Post
    Paul, I'll hook up the taco stand. I'm going to attach a trailer with an entire mariachi band.
    Nelson34’s got a decent trailer for that sort of getup.
    QUOTE from MTBR.COM: You have given Brewtality too much Reputation in the last 24 hours, try again later.

  17. #42
    PRETENDURO
    Reputation: Leopold Porkstacker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    6,886
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan G. View Post
    Down in the South Bay this year. Will bring some Bud Light Platinum.
    What about the ultra-light carbotanium?

    My plan afterward is to go back down Woods via the Rollercoasters (Bogdan’s got a funny story about last year) through Quicksilver… unless the rains have closed Quicksilver, in which case my plan will be to go up Barlow to Umuhnum and back down Barlow to Woods and down Hicks one way or the other.
    QUOTE from MTBR.COM: You have given Brewtality too much Reputation in the last 24 hours, try again later.

  18. #43
    mtbr member
    Reputation: theseawind's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    544
    Quote Originally Posted by myitch View Post
    Funny. I was thinking of bringing a pie too. But it's pretty fragile with the crispy crust and soft innards. So, I changed to something else. Otherwise, if it must be a pie, a Tupperware container and a sense of humor as it'll be all squished up by the time we reach the top.
    Oh, I figured it out. Living in London with a bicycle for a few years does offer great insights into how to carry things on your bike. Look for me on the day and I will show you how it's done. .
    Last edited by theseawind; 11-08-2012 at 12:37 PM.

  19. #44
    Medium?
    Reputation: Fast Eddy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Posts
    6,669
    Quote Originally Posted by theseawind View Post
    Oh, I figured it out. Living in London with a bicycle for a few years does offer great insights into how to carry things on your bike. Look for me on the day and I will show you how it's done. .
    Yea, London has lots of streets that are just a steep and bumpy as Kennedy. We shall see.

  20. #45
    mtbr member
    Reputation: darich's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    110
    Quote Originally Posted by cmdrpiffle View Post
    Meet IFO Summit Cycles, downtown Los Gatos, 8am.
    Is this the start? I can imagine trail head parking is going to be packed.

  21. #46
    swag ho Administrator
    Reputation: francois's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 1996
    Posts
    18,495
    Quote Originally Posted by darich View Post
    Is this the start? I can imagine trail head parking is going to be packed.

    This is the official start. People who start from other places and times are lost.

    fc

  22. #47
    mtbr member
    Reputation: beaverbiker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    1,938
    You can start anywhere and most people do. You know where the trail is and you pretty much can't get there too early, but you can get there too late. The worst thing you can do is show up late and drive to the trailhead looking for a spot.

  23. #48
    Caldaw
    Reputation: caldaw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    54

    I'm in again.

    Plan to bring Brownies (yes family friendly ones)

  24. #49
    Caldaw
    Reputation: caldaw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    54
    I'm in and will bring brownies (yes family friendly ones!)

  25. #50
    mtbr member
    Reputation: pmarshall's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    1,775
    I just realized that Turkey day is on a Thursday and I get off at 7am. I will bring my bike to work and head over after I get off for the start of the ride. I am going to need some serious coffee before, during and after the ride. 12 hour night shift s slowly killing me. Oh well, two tears in a bucket, f**k it.
    They never made the "Slowster"

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •