Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    PRETENDURO

Kennedy slop ín glop 9:00AM-9:30AMish Sunday morning

Kennedy @ Top-o-The-Hill Road. 9:00am-ish sorta kinda. Conditions are going to suck. Prepare for mudbutt riding conditions (I put a fender on the back of my bike). Monsoon, anyone? Count me in. Nelson34, mboldt, and Ancient Rascal might make it out there, but I will for sure be there. Iíll be there on my big orange monsoon-ready fatbike.
    QUOTE from MTBR.COM: You have given Brewtality too much Reputation in the last 24 hours, try again later.

mtbr member
    Dang ... I got spoiled out there today with some misty but all around sweet conditions. Maybe the big storm blows through before 10 ish but it may be pouring at your start time. We see in the morning. The trail will take the water ok me thinks.
    Still searching for my red headed hairdresser Tiffany. "Economic Mother Nature" ... Knocks at door! -AR

PRETENDURO
    Quote Originally Posted by ancient rascal View Post
    Dang ... I got spoiled out there today with some misty but all around sweet conditions. Maybe the big storm blows through before 10 ish but it may be pouring at your start time. We see in the morning. The trail will take the water ok me thinks.
    Cannot puss out on me twice due to weather. You have a garden hose, and a compressed air source, yes? Thatís all you really need after such a glopfest of a ride.
    QUOTE from MTBR.COM: You have given Brewtality too much Reputation in the last 24 hours, try again later.

mtbr member
    I may be there for a TSP ride - anyone's going to ride TSP pace? I'll post an update tomorrow morning pending rain action. Break in the rain and I got a (road) ride in today Actually riding Quimby / Mt Ham area in the rain is fun

mtbr member
    BTW, what's the route?

PRETENDURO
    Quote Originally Posted by tosa View Post
    BTW, what's the route?
    Up and down.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Leopold Porkstacker View Post
    Cannot puss out on me twice due to weather. You have a garden hose, and a compressed air source, yes? Thatís all you really need after such a glopfest of a ride.
    C'mon man ... Start the damn ride a little later if its pouring ?
    Still searching for my red headed hairdresser Tiffany. "Economic Mother Nature" ... Knocks at door! -AR

PRETENDURO
    C'mon man ... Start the damn ride a little later if its pouring ?
    Weíll see. I pretty much have the day to fart around as I please. Worst case, Iíll ride up and down Kennedy a couple of times to sort of warm up first. Iíll have my cellphone on me. Call me and shit, homie!!!

mtbr member
    Up and down.
    You got the whole day and you're busting my chinians over a lousy hour or two ? Who else is putting up with this madness in the morning?

mtbr member
    Weíll see. I pretty much have the day to fart around as I please. Worst case, Iíll ride up and down Kennedy a couple of times to sort of warm up first. Iíll have my cellphone on me. Call me and ****, homie!!!
    up and down kennedy twice to warm up. c'mon man your gonna scare tosa with that kind of talk!
    PS did I mention I rode may ass off at Kennedy today !

mtbr member
    Jul 2011
    I'll be on the other side riding El Sereno with my buddy John. Maybe we'll make it out that way after a couple of up and downs. It's gonna be wet and messy . The way I see it, if I'm gonna clean my bike after the mud mess it's going to be a worth while ride. Definitely much more than 2k worth of climbing. Feel free to join us Brett if all others bail on ya.

rho
    Life is strange
    Just say no to kennedy...

Alan: when are you guys going? I'm not sure what i'm doing yet. I might do a big dirty ride on the cx bike or... something.

Wēk SŰs
    Isn't El Sereno "just like" Kennedy?

It's going to be heavy rain, so says weatherman...or rather the hot weather stripper chicks. Yahoo and Wunderground says it's dumping from around 9AM till late afternoon.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by IAmHolland View Post
    Isn't El Sereno "just like" Kennedy?

It's going to be heavy rain, so says weatherman...or rather the hot weather stripper chicks. Yahoo and Wunderground says it's dumping from around 9AM till late afternoon.
    Yup, it is just like Kennedy. I was thinking the same thing ... just afraid to say it !

Hipster
    You got the whole day and you're busting my chinians over a lousy hour or two ? Who else is putting up with this madness in the morning?
    I'll be there.

mtbr member
    Oct 2009
    Did it today with Roberto. It wasn't bad and actually starting coming down bad at one point. Cold and stormy at the top.

Third time this year I rode the "K" word

Got a bunch of stuff to do tomorrow, plus I'll be making a presentation in Fremont - so have fun mis carnales.

bike dork extraordinaire
    The forecast I saw for 9 am is pretty serious amounts of rain, but it should move through pretty quick. It's supposed to be dry by 3 pm, which is when I plan on heading out for some LG fireroad climbing.

mtbr member
    Jul 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by rho View Post
    Just say no to kennedy...

Alan: when are you guys going? I'm not sure what i'm doing yet. I might do a big dirty ride on the cx bike or... something.
    We plan on starting at 9 from the brewery parking lot. Our plan is to get some solid miles in. Either by going up and down El Sereno a few times or exploring, playing it by ear Weather is of no concern.

rho
    Life is strange
    Quote Originally Posted by bassn View Post
    We plan on starting at 9 from the brewery parking lot. Our plan is to get some solid miles in. Either by going up and down El Sereno a few times or exploring, playing it by ear Weather is of no concern.
    Gotcha. I may or may not join you guys.... I could always do a reverse of the loop I was thinking about with some dirty el sereno thrown in..... then to bear creek or black mtn then out to dirty alpine via 35 and back home... hrmm...

mtbr member
    Jul 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by rho View Post
    Gotcha. I may or may not join you guys.... I could always do a reverse of the loop I was thinking about with some dirty el sereno thrown in..... then to bear mtn then out to dirty alpine and back home... hrmm...
    Cool. Hopefully I'll see ya there. If not, I'll catch up with ya next time.

mtbr member
    If you guys are seeing what I am seeing out my front door here in LG, you are crazy if you go ride and it stays like this. (Unless it's a tail wind)
    I'm not sure how this works.

mtbr member
    Jul 2011
    What trail would be more protected from the wind, Kennedy or El Sereno? I've only been to Sereno a couple of times during the summer months, never winter.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by sirkrameroy View Post
    The forecast I saw for 9 am is pretty serious amounts of rain, but it should move through pretty quick. It's supposed to be dry by 3 pm, which is when I plan on heading out for some LG fireroad climbing.
    A voice of reason !

PRETENDURO
    Iíll still be there come hell and high water.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by bassn View Post
    What trail would be more protected from the wind, Kennedy or El Sereno? I've only been to Sereno a couple of times during the summer months, never winter.
    Most of our winds will come in from the west and El Sereno, with zero west wind protection and west facing, is crazy during a storm. Expect incredibly rough conditions today (though you can prtend your in the movie A Perect Storm and have a story to tell later). Kennedy fairs pretty well in a storm as it is mostly protected from the West wind gusts asdie from up top where it can get nutty. However, you might still get nailed on the trail swithbacks from swirling winds that creep up the canyons. Best Bet: Kennedy unless you want to have a crazy adventure.

mtbr member
    don't forget to lube up the taint.

mtbr member
    I'm out

mtbr member
    Jul 2011
    Change of plans, I'll be at Kennedy trailhead at 9.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by tosa View Post
    I'm out
    +1 at least until later after the storm blows through. Maybe just LP and Mboldt the "Riders on the Storm"

Wēk SŰs
    I'm out. you guys are nuts. pictures, lots of pictures please.

fc
    mtbr founder Administrator
    ya right.

mtbr member
    Apr 2008
    Wow. Nat'l weather service just issued a flash flood warning for Santa Clara county due to the 1" or more of rain in the Santa Cruz mountains...

I want a Go Pro video of this.

mtbr member

Hats off to the early riders!

Good luck out there storm dogs ! You will get your muddysworth !

Let's ride
    I was never in. ;-)
    You guys are nuts, or are hardcore!

mtbr member
    Oct 2009
    It's pouring out there, but it's just water, guys. The hills block the wind pretty well and, aside from the top, it's not bad going up. I've ridden in this sort of weather before and it's really not that bad.

If I didn't have to work today, I'd join y'all.

It's all the rain gear and bike maintenance that's a pain.

singletrack bound
    where is "nuckinfutz" when you need him?

He should be going with you guys......
    Sorrel Seeker !!

mtbr member
    The trail was good yesterday but after the rain all night it might be a mess today.

Puro Vida!
    I would be all in-but did a inspection of the roof we need to replace-found 1 leak that needs immediate attention-2 that can wait. Just didn't get to putting a new roof in time-we need at least 4 days of dry weather.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Nelson34 View Post
    I would be all in-but did a inspection of the roof we need to replace-found 1 leak that needs immediate attention-2 that can wait. Just didn't get to putting a new roof in time-we need at least 4 days of dry weather.
    I think you missed the "boat" already as basson was trailhead at 9. When all you riders came down as I was going up yesterday there was almost no trace of your tires all the way up! Yesterday was the day to hit it on Kennedy.

Weird huh?
    I think you missed the "boat" already as basson was trailhead at 9. When all you riders came down as I was going up yesterday there was almost no trace of your tires all the way up! Yesterday was the day to hit it on Kennedy.
    Yep, everything over here was fabulous yesterday.

Anyone actually do Kennedy this morning? As of an hour ago we were having 60mph gusts at my house about 3/4 of a mile from the Kennedy trailhead.

Oh, and wrath of god rain, only it's blowing sideways, in sheets, while knocking down branches, and garbage cans....
    Poaching Demo...that's why we can't have nice things...

Puro Vida!
    No I know I'm out for today-maybe I can try for later tonight-but the later in the day I try to get out and ride-becomes less likely

rho
    Life is strange
    Just got done kid wrangling and cleaning out the storm drains on my street, Got totally soaked in about 5 minutes. Might ride later... but not now.

Puro Vida!
    I like riding Kennedy in weather like this! Get all muddy-have the trail all to yourself-and then the reward of a nice warm shower and a movie.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by cmdrpiffle View Post
    Yep, everything over here was fabulous yesterday.

Anyone actually do Kennedy this morning? As of an hour ago we were having 60mph gusts at my house about 3/4 of a mile from the Kennedy trailhead.

Oh, and wrath of god rain, only it's blowing sideways, in sheets, while knocking down branches, and garbage cans....
    They said there were some 80 mph gusts in Los Gatos recently. Kennedy trail had some branches and a downed tree yesterday but can you imagine what a mess it will be when this is done today! Wonder if they will admit it was not a good idea to ride today ? At least this early eh ?

Wēk SŰs
    I don't have rain gear, so getting wet head to toe is really not pleasant for me. Mud, no problem. Rain, screw that.

mtbr member

LP just called

LP ... Mboldt ... Basson and others are leaving the helipad heading out to woods and the weather is not the greatest. LP says the worst part was getting to the trailhead with the wind and a downed tree on Kennedy rd. he stopped to drag off the road. He says the rain is coming down sideways on the top of Kennedy trail.

singletrack bound
    Since Friday.....
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Kennedy slop ín glop 9:00AM-9:30AMish Sunday morning-rain-gauge.jpg  

Sorrel Seeker !!

mtbr member
    Id be up for some dog slop but the bike is still down. Pics!!!

PRETENDURO
    Wow! Sorry, we must have been having too much fun to stop and take pictures. Bassn didnít end up riding with us, but I hear he did actually get a ride in. The Strava telemetry is here:
    <iframe height='405' width='590' frameborder='0' allowtransparency='true' scrolling='no' src='http://app.strava.com/runs/30661069/embed/6e54d3d07b74cadd270de72901d4d35b6a39ed52'></iframe>

mtbr member
    Jul 2011
    Wow! Sorry, we must have been having too much fun to stop and take pictures. Bassn didnít end up riding with us, but I hear he did actually get a ride in. The Strava telemetry is here:
    <iframe height='405' width='590' frameborder='0' allowtransparency='true' scrolling='no' src='http://app.strava.com/runs/30661069/embed/6e54d3d07b74cadd270de72901d4d35b6a39ed52'></iframe>
    Great job Brett! John and I ended up going to the top and back since we were already wet. Overall a solid ride given the conditions.
    Last edited by bassn; 12-02-2012 at 03:47 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast