Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    PRETENDURO

Kennedy slop 地 glop 9:00AM-9:30AMish Sunday morning

Kennedy @ Top-o-The-Hill Road. 9:00am-ish sorta kinda. Conditions are going to suck. Prepare for mudbutt riding conditions (I put a fender on the back of my bike). Monsoon, anyone? Count me in. Nelson34, mboldt, and Ancient Rascal might make it out there, but I will for sure be there. I値l be there on my big orange monsoon-ready fatbike.
    QUOTE from MTBR.COM: You have given Brewtality too much Reputation in the last 24 hours, try again later.

mtbr member
    Dang ... I got spoiled out there today with some misty but all around sweet conditions. Maybe the big storm blows through before 10 ish but it may be pouring at your start time. We see in the morning. The trail will take the water ok me thinks.
    You became weak loafing around in that big girly gear! -Soares

PRETENDURO
    Quote Originally Posted by ancient rascal View Post
    Dang ... I got spoiled out there today with some misty but all around sweet conditions. Maybe the big storm blows through before 10 ish but it may be pouring at your start time. We see in the morning. The trail will take the water ok me thinks.
    Cannot puss out on me twice due to weather. You have a garden hose, and a compressed air source, yes? That痴 all you really need after such a glopfest of a ride.
    QUOTE from MTBR.COM: You have given Brewtality too much Reputation in the last 24 hours, try again later.

mtbr member
    I may be there for a TSP ride - anyone's going to ride TSP pace? I'll post an update tomorrow morning pending rain action. Break in the rain and I got a (road) ride in today Actually riding Quimby / Mt Ham area in the rain is fun

mtbr member
    BTW, what's the route?

PRETENDURO
    Quote Originally Posted by tosa View Post
    BTW, what's the route?
    Up and down.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Leopold Porkstacker View Post
    Cannot puss out on me twice due to weather. You have a garden hose, and a compressed air source, yes? That痴 all you really need after such a glopfest of a ride.
    C'mon man ... Start the damn ride a little later if its pouring ?

PRETENDURO
    C'mon man ... Start the damn ride a little later if its pouring ?
    We値l see. I pretty much have the day to fart around as I please. Worst case, I値l ride up and down Kennedy a couple of times to sort of warm up first. I値l have my cellphone on me. Call me and shit, homie!!!

mtbr member
    Up and down.
    You got the whole day and you're busting my chinians over a lousy hour or two ? Who else is putting up with this madness in the morning?

mtbr member
    We値l see. I pretty much have the day to fart around as I please. Worst case, I値l ride up and down Kennedy a couple of times to sort of warm up first. I値l have my cellphone on me. Call me and ****, homie!!!
    up and down kennedy twice to warm up. c'mon man your gonna scare tosa with that kind of talk!
    PS did I mention I rode may ass off at Kennedy today !

mtbr member
    Jul 2011
    I'll be on the other side riding El Sereno with my buddy John. Maybe we'll make it out that way after a couple of up and downs. It's gonna be wet and messy . The way I see it, if I'm gonna clean my bike after the mud mess it's going to be a worth while ride. Definitely much more than 2k worth of climbing. Feel free to join us Brett if all others bail on ya.

rho
    Captain Pinchflat
    Just say no to kennedy...

Alan: when are you guys going? I'm not sure what i'm doing yet. I might do a big dirty ride on the cx bike or... something.

Wēk Ss
    Isn't El Sereno "just like" Kennedy?

It's going to be heavy rain, so says weatherman...or rather the hot weather stripper chicks. Yahoo and Wunderground says it's dumping from around 9AM till late afternoon.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by IAmHolland View Post
    Isn't El Sereno "just like" Kennedy?

It's going to be heavy rain, so says weatherman...or rather the hot weather stripper chicks. Yahoo and Wunderground says it's dumping from around 9AM till late afternoon.
    Yup, it is just like Kennedy. I was thinking the same thing ... just afraid to say it !

Hipster
    You got the whole day and you're busting my chinians over a lousy hour or two ? Who else is putting up with this madness in the morning?
    I'll be there.

mtbr member
    Oct 2009
    Did it today with Roberto. It wasn't bad and actually starting coming down bad at one point. Cold and stormy at the top.

Third time this year I rode the "K" word

Got a bunch of stuff to do tomorrow, plus I'll be making a presentation in Fremont - so have fun mis carnales.

bike dork extraordinaire
    The forecast I saw for 9 am is pretty serious amounts of rain, but it should move through pretty quick. It's supposed to be dry by 3 pm, which is when I plan on heading out for some LG fireroad climbing.

mtbr member
    Jul 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by rho View Post
    Just say no to kennedy...

Alan: when are you guys going? I'm not sure what i'm doing yet. I might do a big dirty ride on the cx bike or... something.
    We plan on starting at 9 from the brewery parking lot. Our plan is to get some solid miles in. Either by going up and down El Sereno a few times or exploring, playing it by ear Weather is of no concern.

rho
    Captain Pinchflat
    Quote Originally Posted by bassn View Post
    We plan on starting at 9 from the brewery parking lot. Our plan is to get some solid miles in. Either by going up and down El Sereno a few times or exploring, playing it by ear Weather is of no concern.
    Gotcha. I may or may not join you guys.... I could always do a reverse of the loop I was thinking about with some dirty el sereno thrown in..... then to bear creek or black mtn then out to dirty alpine via 35 and back home... hrmm...

mtbr member
    Jul 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by rho View Post
    Gotcha. I may or may not join you guys.... I could always do a reverse of the loop I was thinking about with some dirty el sereno thrown in..... then to bear mtn then out to dirty alpine and back home... hrmm...
    Cool. Hopefully I'll see ya there. If not, I'll catch up with ya next time.

mtbr member
    If you guys are seeing what I am seeing out my front door here in LG, you are crazy if you go ride and it stays like this. (Unless it's a tail wind)
    Peaut butter Tuesday, if you kow what I mea!

mtbr member
    Jul 2011
    What trail would be more protected from the wind, Kennedy or El Sereno? I've only been to Sereno a couple of times during the summer months, never winter.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by sirkrameroy View Post
    The forecast I saw for 9 am is pretty serious amounts of rain, but it should move through pretty quick. It's supposed to be dry by 3 pm, which is when I plan on heading out for some LG fireroad climbing.
    A voice of reason !

PRETENDURO
    I値l still be there come hell and high water.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by bassn View Post
    What trail would be more protected from the wind, Kennedy or El Sereno? I've only been to Sereno a couple of times during the summer months, never winter.
    Most of our winds will come in from the west and El Sereno, with zero west wind protection and west facing, is crazy during a storm. Expect incredibly rough conditions today (though you can prtend your in the movie A Perect Storm and have a story to tell later). Kennedy fairs pretty well in a storm as it is mostly protected from the West wind gusts asdie from up top where it can get nutty. However, you might still get nailed on the trail swithbacks from swirling winds that creep up the canyons. Best Bet: Kennedy unless you want to have a crazy adventure.
    Peaut butter Tuesday, if you kow what I mea!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast