mtbr member

Kennedy recovery ride Saturday, 10am

As some may know, dangled up my knee real good about two weeks back. One week of full on couch surfing and a week of easing back in has me jonesing to ride but nothing I will crash on. Been on a couple easy rides up Joes and managed pretty good (other than loss of conditioning and realizing that throwing tail whips tweek recovering knee joints).

Anyhow, planning a mellow charge up Kennedy if anyone is around. Weather should be perfect...might even have a picnic up top (Pot luck?). Saturday...maybe 10...I'm flexible (well, my knee isn't yet...)

If I get crickets, no worries, just loaded up my phone with some ZZ Top, Bonobo, Albama Shakes, Eminem, Kula Shaker, M.I.A., Paper Tongues, Puddle of Mud, Wolfmother...and some random ride tunes which will make for a real-time ride video in my head.

Word...
    Peanut butter Tuesday, if you know what I mean!

mtbr member

Pencil us in

Is lewd and lascivious behavior acceptable on this ride? Invited my crew so just in case they show! Maybe "da monsta" and that "ballchinian" guy can join in?
    Last edited by ancient rascal; 04-05-2013 at 09:58 AM.
    You became weak loafing around in that big girly gear! -Soares

mtbr member
    Acceptable? Expected! If somebody is not offended at least once, the ride will be a failure.

mtbr member
    Good news. Just climbed El Sereno and didn't suffer too bad. Got that going for me.

Also, AR, I talked to that dude about a truck and he guaranteed me that he will give you a super duper Squashyo deal - I believe him too...call Michael if you are still looking.

mtbr member
    Jun 2012
    I'll be out there earlier around 7:30-8:00 so I might see you guys on the way down? I'll wave!

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by squashyo View Post
    Good news. Just climbed El Sereno and didn't suffer too bad. Got that going for me.

Also, AR, I talked to that dude about a truck and he guaranteed me that he will give you a super duper Squashyo deal - I believe him too...call Michael if you are still looking.
    Awesome news on both counts. Just waiting for the house to close. Prolly a week or two away. Cash on the barrel head. My mechanics love/hate Micky's brand. They won't get to see it much.
    Quote Originally Posted by chris.george View Post
    I'll be out there earlier around 7:30-8:00 so I might see you guys on the way down? I'll wave!
    I thought it was customary to climb back up when running into other mtbr members? OK ... just a switchback or two will suffice !

Junior flyer
    Jun 2010
    Congrats! Welcome back to the world of the spinning.

We'd join you tomorrow, but the doctor said my twitch would quit if I stopped riding Kennedy. Have fun!
    Last edited by dirtvert; 04-05-2013 at 03:34 PM.
    Why?

Because we like the taste of freedom; because we like the smell of danger. ~ E. Abbey

ask
    user
    Aug 2009
    Let me see whats going on at my house... I'd be down for some Kennedy. Maybe tow the kids up there too w/ some snacks.

Sidenote - Taking off for Santa Barbara next week and want to get in a Demo ride if this rain ever goes away long enough. Maybe Kennedy Saturday and Demo on Sunday (if its dry).

mtbr member
    Jun 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by ancient rascal View Post
    I thought it was customary to climb back up when running into other mtbr members? OK ... just a switchback or two will suffice !

That's evil. I like you already. If you see me out there I'll be riding a Nomad C with a almost 25lbs pack huffing and puffing; make sure to stop me.

NONDURO
    Unfortunately I am committing my Sunday to a big-ass ride at Coe, so I am picking up the whole “taking care of my sons” ordeal the entire day on Saturday so as to give my wife a break. Have fun in my absence, and get that knee back to health— keep the beer flowing, eh!
    QUOTE from MTBR.COM: You have given out too much Reputation in the last 24 hours, try again later.

mtbr member
    Yo

I'm still on for today. I'll be at gate at 10am. I'll be the guy with what looks like a very large armadillo in his shorts. (Just need to remember to put the potato in the front this time...always **** that one up).

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by squashyo View Post
    Yo

I'm still on for today. I'll be at gate at 10am. I'll be the guy with what looks like a very large armadillo in his shorts. (Just need to remember to put the potato in the front this time...always **** that one up).
    I'm in. Let's talk some 650b and some 4x4 stuff !

mtbr member
    Fricken great ride gents! Knee felt solid all day and I can tell conditioning isn't far behind. Always a pleasure riding with AR but special treat having Jason join us. Thanks again guys for the company and let's do it again soon.

Jason...Dogmeat is totally in your wheel house...jus' do it!