Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    mtbr member

Kennedy 20/40 2012 edition

Are those lyrca shorts a big snug in places they weren't a few months ago? Has your Mt. bike become lost in a sea of junk in the garage? Do your friends refer to you as the guy/gal that used to ride all the time? Have you actually become a bit worried about the weight tolerances your carbon frame is now subject to? If you answered yes to any of these questions, go ride your dang bike! While your at it, why not give this challenge a go? So this is the low down of the 20/40 minute Kennedy Trail Challenge. Ride your bike starting at the Kennedy trailhead up to the top. Simple huh? Try to make it to the middle tree section under 20 minutes! This is the most difficult part of the challenge. Several have tried and come up a touch short. After your successful ascent to the tree, carry on and go to the top just past the last tree on your left side. This is a smallish oak tree and it is at the top of the last "wall". You have now ascended the tried and true Kennedy! You can use Strava, a stopwatch or a sun dial to record your times. Also known as the honor system. Do you currently take a banned substance listed by the UCI? Don't worry, your urine test is completely voluntary as well and can be collected by Leopold Porkstacker at anytime. The LKHC ( 2012 Low-Key Hillclimbs) will also be using Kennedy as a timed climb this year. Go to their above site for all the info you need. This is just a "get out and ride" kind of challenge. You will only get positive encouragement here even if it takes multiple times to complete. If you make it to the tree in under 20 mins, you can go at a moderate pace and complete the rest under 40 baring any slips, falls or large rodents slowing you down. What will you get if you complete the challenge? A refreshing beverage will await you. Good luck my internet friends!
    They never made the "Slowster"

mtbr member
    haha...Ancient Rascal and I were going to launch this and The Dogmeat Challenge tomorrow. Good to see you back in action home boy.
    Last edited by squashyo; 10-31-2012 at 09:28 AM. Reason: nicer
    I'm not sure how this works.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by squashyo View Post
    haha...Ancient Rascal and I were going to launch this and The Dogmeat Challenge tomorrow. Thunder stealer! Good to see you back in action home boy.
    Actually ... I asked pmarshall to take her over. I had to DQ myself as not up to the task of making it. The OP needs to do it and I won't be a back seat driver on this one. Who better to handle it eh? B. Cllimber and myself are headed to Kennedy tomorrow unless it's raining hard. We are both "IN" !
    Last edited by ancient rascal; 10-31-2012 at 09:18 AM.
    You became weak loafing around in that big girly gear! -Soares

mtbr member
    AHA...well there we are. I have no chance with this as well...too painful! Good luck everyone!
    I'm not sure how this works.

Is this thing on?
    Quadzilla represent!! I'm giving it a shot on the 17th. Killing two birds, maybe three if I drop dead trying, with one bike ride the LKHC and 20/40. I gotta take a good chunk of change off my time to the tree but I'll give it a shot.

Wēk Ss
    do motorized bikes count? maybe i'll break out the db and shred kennedy to bits, literally. might be a ticket, but whatever.

mtbr member
    Oct 2009
    It will be years before I'm fit enough to get close to this.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by IAmHolland View Post
    do motorized bikes count? maybe i'll break out the db and shred kennedy to bits, literally. might be a ticket, but whatever.
    Maybe someone starts a 25/50 or a 30/60 Kennedy thread ? Sadly ... I am now a 25/50 kind of guy with my fall from grace ! Not that there's anything wrong with that !

Puro Vida!
    Quote Originally Posted by Froride1 View Post
    Quadzilla represent!! I'm giving it a shot on the 17th. Killing two birds, maybe three if I drop dead trying, with one bike ride the LKHC and 20/40. I gotta take a good chunk of change off my time to the tree but I'll give it a shot.
    Plenty of medicine water waiting for you afterwards-

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Froride1 View Post
    Hopefully it will come to you quicker than the 8 brutal runs it took me last year just for the sub 20 ! And ... I never got the 20/40 combo. Good luck, and use a 20lb CX bike ? Edit: Just in case the sub 40 is needed ... Forgot to say that even with a 22 something to the tree you can go way under the 40 to the top. My best run to the top was done with 22:30 at the tree but following B. Climber all the way to the top.
    Last edited by ancient rascal; 11-01-2012 at 10:47 AM.

Hipster
    Let's not forget the 20-40-20 (throw in sub-20 up dogmeat). I'll try for that one this time!

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by mboldt View Post
    Let's not forget the 20-40-20 (throw in sub-20 up dogmeat). I'll try for that one this time!
    Too easy for you... throw in a sub-10 for the 3 walls segment and make it 20-40-10-20. Less time to recover, a better challenge .

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by ElHombre View Post
    Too easy for you... throw in a sub-10 for the 3 walls segment and make it 20-40-10-20. Less time to recover, a better challenge .
    He might as well just get it over with and start a 15 and 30 under Kennedy thread ! What an attitude on this guy ! ....... I approve !

mtbr member
    May 2007
    Can we do a 50/100 thread????
    Lead by my Lefty............... right down the trail, no brakes.

mtbr member

It's on dis moanin !

10:30 today and I'm bringin the bomb to the gunfight. B. Climber and I are gonna get after it.

mtbr member

Holy crap !

Not happening today. B. Climber had a 20:30 @ the tree and it just went downhill/uphill from there. Not even so much as a sub 40 to the top ... ... even for BC. Potty in pic sums it up. Attachment 735827 BC 20:30/41:30 ... AR 22:50/+Pic edit: 11/13 ... FAIL AND FAIL Name:  1113121146.jpg
Views: 379
Size:  20.5 KB
    Last edited by ancient rascal; 11-13-2012 at 04:06 PM.

mtbr member
    Apr 2011
    Good seeing you guys out there today. Got to enjoy this weather while it lasts...

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by cuzitsmyUSofwtvr View Post
    Good seeing you guys out there today. Got to enjoy this weather while it lasts...
    Same here cuzzin ! ... Whose in for a swing at Dogmeat no dab this weekend ? We get the right amount of rain Thurs/Fri ... = PERFECT NO DAB TRAIL ! I'm in for a try !

mtbr member
    At least you guys tried! I am not sure I could do it right now. The under 20 to the tree is what scares me most. Soon I will attempt since I started the thread and Squashyo did his no-dab on dogmeat already. A cool day for the 20/40 is essential and right after a rain is best for dogmeat. All timing!

Hipster

I'm in!

17:54/32:30

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by mboldt View Post
    17:54/32:30

Wow ! Number # 1 on the list and perhaps may end up being the fastest time. Good to see you coming down Dogmeat today Marco! Congratulations on a killer speed run! B.climber gonna be hella jealous ! Edit: B. climber has been informed and said he is pretty much not gonna stand for this being the low time!
    Last edited by ancient rascal; 11-11-2012 at 07:06 PM. Reason: mizzspellding

mtbr member
    I bid Darcio good luck! Marco put a solid time down on Kennedy today for sure. I wish I could challenge him a bit but he is faster than me by a good amount now. I am keeping my heavier wheels and tires (which aren't even that heavy) on and resisting the temptation to put the weenie tires on and try to give this a shot. I will try it soon (maybe this week) but not expecting a PR at all. I will be happy with sub 20 to the tree but do expect to get a sub 40 total. Super exciting to see everyone fulfill their goals on these rides. The 20/40 will however be smashed pretty soon. There is the Low Key self timed ride coming up and some or these roadie guys will kill it. Clark Foy has the Strava KOM now with a blistering time of 15:42 to the tree and 27:49 to the top!!! Go make your own PR and give this challenge a shot!

bike dork extraordinaire
    Not quite 15/30, but I'll take it.

swag ho Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by sirkrameroy View Post
    Not quite 15/30, but I'll take it.
    That is legitimate Kramer!!!

When is the Low Key Kennedy climb? Crush those roadies.

fc

Hipster
    Quote Originally Posted by francois View Post
    That is legitimate Kramer!!!

When is the Low Key Kennedy climb? Crush those roadies.

fc
    It is Saturday! 2012 Low-Key Hillclimbs

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast