mtbr member
    Jun 2014

just arrived berkeley, any mountbiker here? or near me?

Hey guys, I just came to berkeley yesterday from china. I know that CA has many mountains. Any one living near me? I want to ride on the mountain!

Sweater
    Quote Originally Posted by Jiuliang Guo View Post
    Hey guys, I just came to berkeley yesterday from china. I know that CA has many mountains. Any one living near me? I want to ride on the mountain!
    Are you in Berkley for school? How long will you be here? Lots of options depending on how much time you have and how far you want to go from Berkley. There are some nearby options but someone more familiar with that stuff can give you specifics.
    All out of S**** and down to my last F***
    I think I strained a pucker muscle

mtbr member
    Aug 2008
    There many trails around Berkeley, T/ilden/Wildcat is in Berkely (maps @ EBRPD.ORG) Mt. Diablo is 20 minutes by car. Mt Tam is 30 minutes .What kind of riding are you looking to do?

mtbr member
    Jan 2009
    I am fairly certain there are no other mountain bikers in the area, sorry bud. Best of luck on your future endeavors

XOXO
    -Mark

mtbr member
    Jun 2014
    just two months for summer session, I dont have a mountain bike here, but I want to ride! both enduro and downhill are good

mtbr member
    Jun 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by rangeriderdave View Post
    There many trails around Berkeley, T/ilden/Wildcat is in Berkely (maps @ EBRPD.ORG) Mt. Diablo is 20 minutes by car. Mt Tam is 30 minutes .What kind of riding are you looking to do?
    I prefer to ride all mountain and downhill. Is there any group? I mean ride on mountains not roads.

mtbr member
    Jun 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by Buzzaro View Post
    Are you in Berkley for school? How long will you be here? Lots of options depending on how much time you have and how far you want to go from Berkley. There are some nearby options but someone more familiar with that stuff can give you specifics.
    r u the student of berkeley? I prefer to ride all mountain and downhill. Maybe we can meet in berkeley?

Sweater
    r u the student of berkeley? I prefer to ride all mountain and downhill. Maybe we can meet in berkeley?
    No, I'm a working stiff over in Sacramento.
    If you don't have a bike, maybe you could carve out a weekend or two and rent a bike at Northstar for some downhill?
    All out of S**** and down to my last F***
    I think I strained a pucker muscle

mtbr member
    Jun 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by Buzzaro View Post
    No, I'm a working stiff over in Sacramento.
    If you don't have a bike, maybe you could carve out a weekend or two and rent a bike at Northstar for some downhill?
    do you know how much per day if I rent a bike at Northstar? shall we ride together next time you go to Northstar?

mtbr member
    Aug 2008
    Those places are dirt trails ,some of them you need to drive to. Try Meetup.com to find rides.

mtbr member
    Feb 2009
    try the following link for the Cal cycling team:

Cal Cycling | UC Berkeley's Cycling Club

you could just show up for one of their team practice rides, and meet a lot of folks and get some pointers on local trails. because a lot of them are grad/phd students, there should be still quite a few folks on campus during the summers session.
    94 Specialized Rockhopper

Paper or plastic?
    I prefer to ride all mountain and downhill. Is there any group? I mean ride on mountains not roads.
    If by downhill, you mean lift assisted rides, check out Northstar California mountain biking and road biking in Lake Tahoe near Truckee It's about 3 hours from Berkeley in the mountains. You can rent a bike there.

There is also Downieville (Yuba Expeditions | Downieville bike shop and shuttle to the Downieville Downhill). Also 3 hours or so from Berkeley. You can rent a bike, shuttle to the top, and ride down the mountain. It's not full on DH and includes a little bit of climbing. Definitely a lot of fun.

I don't know where you could rent a bike around Berkeley.
    Faster is not always better, but it's always more fun