Sweat is just fat crying.

Just another amazing day at H****n. *Yawn*

Posted here about a ride today and got a couple of fellows to show up, Gene (Jean?) the Beer Machine, Donald and the guy I can't remember his name, sorry. He had to quit early when he snapped off his derailleur hanger about a mile into the ride.

I took it upon myself to show the 2 remaining characters some loops and trails they didn't know about. It was a blast. The proof's in the pudd-, err, pictures.

Then we drank beer & had lunch at my fave spot in Valley Springs, Eddie's. Killer hamburgs, and Moose Drool on tap. I still say it has some tobacco hints to the flavor. Call me crazy.

Hogan is just amazing. It continues to amaze me that the parking lots aren't full, day after day. The weather is perfect almost every fricking day during the winter, and the terrain can't be beat. *Sigh* I'll praise this prime riding area 'til the day I die, I guess.

Missed ya, Fred!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Just another amazing day at H****n. *Yawn*-1-ol-whatsisname.jpg  

Just another amazing day at H****n. *Yawn*-2-moving-bench.jpg  

Just another amazing day at H****n. *Yawn*-3-da-bench.jpg  

Just another amazing day at H****n. *Yawn*-4-guys.jpg  

Just another amazing day at H****n. *Yawn*-5-broken-dh.jpg  

Just another amazing day at H****n. *Yawn*-6-new-trailage.jpg  

Just another amazing day at H****n. *Yawn*-7-back.jpg  

Just another amazing day at H****n. *Yawn*-8-poop.jpg  

Information on the trails at New Hogan Lake, Calaveras County, CA.

More pics. What's with the small thumbnails??? As soon as I figure out how to do sh!t here, they're gonna change it.

In the first post, you can see the pic of the derailleur hanger hanging off the bike. Carry a spare, kids!

Also, you can see pics of the new trail Uncle Stinky's been working on. Steeper Than It Looks!!!!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Just another amazing day at H****n. *Yawn*-9-poop2.jpg  

Just another amazing day at H****n. *Yawn*-10-don-above.jpg  

Just another amazing day at H****n. *Yawn*-11-gene-sepia.jpg  

Just another amazing day at H****n. *Yawn*-12-don-sepia.jpg  

Just another amazing day at H****n. *Yawn*-13-gene-fromunda.jpg  

Just another amazing day at H****n. *Yawn*-14-don-fromunda.jpg  

Just another amazing day at H****n. *Yawn*-15-endo-drink.jpg  

Just another amazing day at H****n. *Yawn*-16-gene-way-out.jpg  

Just another amazing day at H****n. *Yawn*-18-don-way-out.jpg  

Just another amazing day at H****n. *Yawn*-19-blodo.jpg  

mtb'er
    Some day....

The 55 miles / 90 minute drive is what keeps me from going thus far. Looks great though. Keep up the excellent Hogan Reservoir Chamber of Commerce work!

mtbr member
    Rode on Sunday, only one other biker's car in the parking lot and we saw no one on the trail. My son did his longest ride yet, to the gate. He was more excited that he got to ride the lower trail back alone while my brother and I rode back on the upper trail. Warm perfect weather.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Just another amazing day at H****n. *Yawn*-copy-hogan-overview.jpg  

Hey, fix the intro to that map, wouldja? It's got that trail/line going across, which doesn't really exist. And the new entrance is missing. otherwise, nice!

First pic below is your newest section, shot from Your Mom. The guys in the second pic are hiking right where you left off- that's gonna be a scary little section!

I tried to show them Brian's trail where we've been talking about hooking up with your new trail, but it's getting really overgrown. Next time I go up, I'll work on that and we can meet in the middle.

Pic of Gene is him holding a CD compilation I made for Fred, but Fred was a no-show, so I gave it to Gene. It was meant to be, because the cover I made matched the shirt he was wearing!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Just another amazing day at H****n. *Yawn*-21-stinky-trail-crop.jpg  

Just another amazing day at H****n. *Yawn*-6-new-trailage.jpg  

Just another amazing day at H****n. *Yawn*-20-swag.jpg  

Oh, yeah- it's still misspelled 'trial' not 'trail', and the new Shell Hill trail isn't on there. Git yer isht together!