Surly OG

Jacquie Phelan at Seabright brewery Sunday

For the folks of age to remember Alice B. Toeclips, and that aren't at Boggs.

Jacquie is supposed to be at the Seabright brewery in Santa Cruz this Sunday Evening. Seabright is celebrating their 20th aniversary. They are a sponsor / supporter of Mountain Bikers of Santa Cruz.

Good food, good beer, good times.

Trailworkers is doing work in Wilder on Sunday.

PTB is hosting trailwork at Waterdog also.

Decisions......
    Earn your turns. )'(

time to climb

Seabright is all about bikes

Charlie (owner) is a good dude and an excellent MTB rider (for an old guy) from way back, and supports local trailwork. Stop by and throw down, in a weird way it'll make you feel good. Good brew, and food too.

Paulie

singletrack bound

dude....I'm callin Charlie right now!

Quote Originally Posted by Paulie
    Charlie (owner) is a good dude and an excellent MTB rider (for an old guy) from way back, and supports local trailwork. Stop by and throw down, in a weird way it'll make you feel good. Good brew, and food too.:thumbs

Paulie
    Har....Har ....Har......

Sorrel Seeker !!

mtbr member

Jacquie Phelen is great

She spoke at Velo Sport in Berkeley awhile ago and she's really fun. Great stories.

c

mtbr member

Props to Seabright

I sorta panned Seabright's beer a bit about a year ago on this here forum and I just wanted to state that I stand corrected. The last couple of times I've been in they've had some really interesting stuff on tap, including a strong ale that blew me away. Major props to the owner for all he does to support the local bike scene as well.

Fireball in the Night
    Quote Originally Posted by MtnBikerDan
    For the folks of age to remember Alice B. Toeclips, and that aren't at Boggs. Jacquie is supposed to be at the Seabright brewery in Santa Cruz this Sunday Evening. Seabright is celebrating their 20th anniversary. They are a sponsor / supporter of Mountain Bikers of Santa Cruz. Decisions......
    That was an easy decision for me as I had to stay local to show a house 4 sale over here. Jacquie is a trip and a half. She has so many great tales of yesteryear that you just don't see in print much -- except on her blog.
    I remember her stories tonight of : crossing the finish line topless ... free food ... giving up income from her monthly column published in a magazine that advertises cars ... working retail at Patagonia ... riding the same bike for 8 seasons while other riders rec'd new bikes annually ... there's so much more.
    She connects well with people & you can totally feel her compassion for other upNcoming riders. Oh Yeah: that Seabright Brewery Blur lives up to its name.
    ***I'd like to see Jacquie do a spoken word tour with Henry Rollins***

Rexxx
    everyone drives a Used Car

Lusus Naturae
    Did you see her calendar? I'm linking to the item on lulu.com, but if you click the "Preview this calendar" option, there will be mud and nudity.

http://www.lulu.com/content/1538660

tastes like chicken
    Jacquie was a lot of fun at Seabright last night. She is a colorful character and an inspiration for how much fun mountain biking is. Many in the crowd were delighted to hear her speak and it was a personal honor for me to speak with her afterwards. I thanked her for those many years of being a columnist for Bike Mag in the early '90's for illustrating that mountain biking had a distinct and eclectic culture.

Seabright's 20th anniversary is May 14th. They are really proud to serve the Santa Cruz (and mountain biking) community with great beer, food and a patio for all those years.

Seabright also had a change of brewmaster within the past year. The Resolution Red - one of my past faves - was a recipe of from the old brewmaster. Jason the new brewmaster decided to do his own new twist on the red ale and created the "Sacrilicious Ale" which could be the best ale that the brewery has created. Even Charlie - the Seabright co-owner - who gave up drinking about 10 years ago recognized the aromas coming from the vats as a true winner. The Sacrillicious is so good that they always seem to run out. Get it while (if) you can.

MTB Monkey
    Somewhere I have a signed copy of that RockShox add from back in the day (its the first picture in the calander preview). What a great shot. Got it from Jackie back at a race in the early 90's. She was a hoot, and really encouraged my friends wife in her race.

- Jeff

Quote Originally Posted by NoBalance
    Did you see her calendar? I'm linking to the item on lulu.com, but if you click the "Preview this calendar" option, there will be mud and nudity.

http://www.lulu.com/content/1538660

metrotuned WoS
    Yes'uh!
    #willofthesun and author of the most viewed MTBR thread: Platform Pedal Shootout