mtbr member

Infineon/Sears Point Raceway events?

Whatever happened to the big races that used to be out there? Anyone know if they'll ever happen again?
    Thank you Lord for strength, endurance, and salvation.

Race Reports & Updates
    Team Santa Cruz / Fox Facebook Page

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Clintox50
    Whatever happened to the big races that used to be out there? Anyone know if they'll ever happen again?
    I think you're thinking of the Cougar Mountain Classic ( see http://norcalmtnbikeracing.blogspot....bel/cougar_mnt ). They also had a crit series but I think that got canceled too.
    /k
    NorCal MTB Racing Blog & MTBcalendar.com
    http://norcalmtnbikeracing.blogspot.com/
    http://www.mtbcalendar.com/

mtbr member
    Yep that's what I was talking about. I wasn't into racing when that race was around and bummed it's gone. What was so bad about the courses?
    Thank you Lord for strength, endurance, and salvation.

Race Reports & Updates
    Team Santa Cruz / Fox Facebook Page

mtbr member
    Nov 2008
    I talked to a representative at a booth during the SF auto show. He stated there wasn't enough of a turnout, which is an undisputable fact. No one showed up at these races, so it was really easy to get a top 10 finish, because there were only about 9 guys in each cat.

I think they were trying to start a wine country version of sea otter.

Which leads me to a stoney thought I had a while back. I imagined weeknight road racing at Malibu grand prix in redwood city. They have similar races up in Portland on real racetracks, but the tight turns of Malibu would be a blast.

I can ride a two-wheeler
    The DH race there in 2007 was my first DH race....I liked the course, and the shuttles were on top of their business (unlike sea otter)

I think they messed things up years before 2007 and nobody showed up to 07 because of previous experiences...so no more races

I heard that before 2007, 1/2 the XC was paved and the DH shuttles were slooow

I think ridesfo could give it another shot....

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Clintox50
    What was so bad about the courses?

No shade, at all. Totally exposed to the sun. Hot dry, dusty. Really steep climbs. a large part of the race couse was on the race track, so you were on hot pavement every lap for a couple of miles.
    I never did these races either, but I know several riders that did. Nobody that I know spoke well of these races.
    Its all Shits and Giggles until somebody Giggles and Shits