mtbr member
    Apr 2009

Incline Village Flume Trail Question

Hi,

I plan on heading over to Tahoe in October:

Can I do following LOOP with no restrictions:

Ride up from Incline village and cut over Tunnel creek road, then take RIM trail south to Hobart Road wrapping around Marlette Lake back over Flume trail, and landing back in Incline village?

For someone on limited time spending the night in Incline, this combo seems like the best loop to see all this is important under 4 hours with plenty of time to shoot pics. RIGHT?

Thanks, Al

mtbr member
    The route you are doing wont take nearly 4 hours if you go even at a moderate pace. If I were you I would try to start your ride at Mt Rose Meadows...take TRT to Flume....take Flume around to Hobart Rd and then TRT to Marlette Peak...and continue till hit Tunnell Creek..then down into incline.

If you can get someone to drop you off at Mt Rose Meadows you will easily make it in 4 hours. If you have to climb up to the Meadows from Incline it will add an hour or so.
    Originally Posted by XC62701
    Agreed...make it longer. I want to know death is an option

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by Okie Dokie View Post
    The route you are doing wont take nearly 4 hours if you go even at a moderate pace. If I were you I would try to start your ride at Mt Rose Meadows...take TRT to Flume....take Flume around to Hobart Rd and then TRT to Marlette Peak...and continue till hit Tunnell Creek..then down into incline.

If you can get someone to drop you off at Mt Rose Meadows you will easily make it in 4 hours. If you have to climb up to the Meadows from Incline it will add an hour or so.
    Second that...riding up the 431 to the TRT is way better than climbing Tunnel. Tunnel is more like walking on the beach than a fire road.
    Romani ite domum

I like mtn biking, too
    It looks like the only even-day-only restriction is the section of Rim Trail from Tahoe Meadows to Tunnel Creek rd. Your route should be fine any day. Check out this map: http://www.theflumetrail.com/ridingm...p_high_res.jpg

Definitely, if your day to ride Flume happens to be an even day, it's much nicer to shuttle to Tahoe Meadows - Flume Trail Shuttle Service.
    Never use your face as a brake pad.
    -Jake Watson

mtbr member
    Apr 2009
    Many Thanks guys. I've got a plan now.