Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    mtbr member
    Feb 2010
    shots fired.. I repeat.. shots fired...
    - .... . / .. -.. .. --- - ... / .... .- ...- . / - .- -.- . -. / --- ...- . .-.

mtbr member
    ... Sounds like a dis but quite the opposite... That dude is a bad ass on 2 wheels and he rides gnar like nobody.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk
    Peaut butter Tuesday, if you kow what I mea!

mtbr member
    Jan 2006
    In my experience,

Good people don't leave less skilled people behind on a trail that they should know is rough on new riders.

I had always been grateful for the better riders that have waited and helped me and I believe it is my duty as a mountain biker to help others out, whether they're riding with my group or not.

That being said... Learning the difference between a little gnar and too much gnar is almost an unavoidable lesson in the school of hard knocks.

mtbr member
    Feb 2010
    I started this thread because I saw someone that was in a situation that could have been really bad. Since that day, there actually has been a person that was found disoriented, dehy'd and lost in the same proximity that my story was based off of.

Now, I read this thread today about the guy in Riverside that was found in the forest. New bike, no buddy system action and just his bike. I read "he had his cell phone" numerous times...

It can be said again and again. If the trail is too far passed your gnar-scope setting, scale it back or just stay home.
    - .... . / .. -.. .. --- - ... / .... .- ...- . / - .- -.- . -. / --- ...- . .-.

Axe
    Custom User Title
    I get off the bike and walk at the first hint of actual danger (what I consider danger.. obviously different threshold for different folks) - alone in the woods is not the time to push it. If I am with a beginner, he is not leaving my sight for more than a minute or two, and never in a tricky section. If I am with a faster group of people, I do appreciate them waiting for me, but my safety is my responsibility.

mtbr member
    Feb 2010
    Ha ha. I totally pictured a bridge with two guys standing in the middle ready to jump over the side......

One guy says "you go..." the other "no, after you"

Ahh. Uhh..

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2