Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

How was your Saturday ?

3K views 28 replies 19 participants last post by  ESE 
#1 · (Edited)
Nice day to ride eh? Good to see some MTBR folks out there on the trails. It was even nice enough for a beer break at the chopper pad. Almost! ... 32x19 back on ... more fun. :skep: Bicycle tire Mode of transport Bicycle wheel rim Bicycle part Transport
Bicycle tire Tire Wheel Nature Mode of transport
Include Sunday and heck today's ride if you like since we don't have a weekend ride report ?

See less See more
#7 ·
Damn! We should all check in a day before. I got shafted from my plans to ride with my wife and sons today. Instead, drinking beer in the garage prevailed :rolleyes:. Tomorrow I've already set my plans in stone to ride at STCP. Any takers? What time? Harry@Camden meetup.

#29 ·
same for me

Not quite as bad for me but close. Had to flake on a ride with a friend as he had to leave early to accommodate family stuff. I had the bike ready and in the truck the night before, but when I went out in the garage to get my bag ready (42 degrees, yeah laugh, but my knee started hurting within a few minutes) I knew I would just hold him up and I'd be suffering.

Waited until 12:30 when it warmed up and did my home ride down to the lake and back multiple times (and picked up some trash after watching the ducks for a bit). Had to fly to IL Sunday so no chance for a ride (BTW, it's NOT cold here, come to Chicago if you want cold).

#8 ·
Dr. Porkstacker please pick up the white courtesy phone in S.AZUL Lobby

Tomorrow I've already set my plans in stone to ride at STCP. Any takers? What time? Harry@Camden meetup. -LP ... Lg man ... Soares ... AR will be @ Kennedy in the morning. #6 in a row for you eh? ... Prepare for glory !

#11 ·
Great. Climbed from the Lassen entrance station to Forest Lake. 7 inches of powder in places, some blown off ice, lots of windslab. Man, I love to ski - freedom of the heels, for freedom of the hills.

Maybe Boggs again next week. Don't want the bike to get jealous!

#14 ·
Not too great. Did a quick recovery ride in the morning to burn off some hangover from Friday night, but then got obliterated at the Livermoore Saloon, drinking Sucaba, Double DBA, 16th Anniversary, Double Jack ... 2 hours in the parking lot giving up the night's dinner to the pavement gods. Woke up in my car at 2am and drove home. Now I need to rinse and repeat.

#21 ·
Nice, Huck! Looks a lot better than the 3"-5" reported!

My Saturday was adventurous... first, we took the dogs for a walk and found the remains of a dead coyote:

Natural landscape Landscape Bank Highland Hill

Later, I rode from my house and found this old thing, which I'd never seen before. So rad!:

Monochrome Gristmill Brick Ruins Brickwork

Today (not Saturday... sorry), we rode Auburn goodness:

Nature Stream Watercourse Wilderness Adventure

#23 ·
Took my 8yo daughter to Russian ridge on Saturday, she managed to get a full loop, going down Ancient Oaks and back to the top of Borel Hill.

Today, hiking with kids, and then they dropped me off at Sanborn park Sunnyvale mountain - rode Skyline, Saratoga Gap, Long ridge to Skyline ridge, and than down Alpine road to Portola Valley where they picked me up. Started too late and was getting down dirt Alpine in darkness, without a lamp. Had to climb over barricades and ride past the wash out. That was fun. Can't see you tires. I usually carry a headlamp and other emergency kit, but not today. Figures. Froze myself to shivers on the paved portion.

In Sanborn and Castle Rock - have not seen a hiker or two - on a gorgeous Sunday afternoon. Nice easy trail in perfect condition, looks barely used. Not too many people like to bike them I guess. Will take my daughter there next week. Sunnyvale mountain parking still had "no bikes" sign though, I assumed they opened it all last year.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.