Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    fc
    head minion Administrator

How to: Drop gone wrong

A friend, Mike, MrCrash shot this as he was riding by. It's a hard drop gone wrong. The rider was not injured thankfully.

So without mocking the rider, etc, etc. I think many of us can learn with a little armchair analysis.

What exactly went wrong? What could he have done better? What tips can we learn from this as we do drops or go outside of our comfort zone? Share and learn.

IPA will save America

Mr. Buck E. Fikes
    Looks like an application of rear brake at the lip of the drop causing the front to dip. Also doesn't appear that the rider was putting much effort into lifting the front end upon launch. that had to hurt. How badly was he injured?

jms
    mtbr member
    Miss timed and lifted the nose too soon? Momentum is your friend? Ran out of talent? Pick any or all. Been there, done that, and fortunately it hasn't been on camera and [to date] I've lived to tell. Can happen to any of us

As a member of the human race, about the only thing I can say for sure is we're both a comically and maddeningly inconsistent species.
    My Favorite Peeps:

mtbr member
    May 2006
    Need a lot more speed that that.

fc
    Quote Originally Posted by Oh My Sack! View Post
    Looks like an application of rear brake at the lip of the drop causing the front to dip. Also doesn't appear that the rider was putting much effort into lifting the front end upon launch. that had to hurt. How badly was he injured?
    No injury. Kind of a miracle. He put his hands out nicely and flat pedals separated him right away. No rocks too on the runway. Could have been very bad.
    IPA will save America

fc
    Anyone ever done the Diving Board in Moab, Utah, Porcupine Rim Trail? I was there a couple weeks ago and holy schit it looks higher now. Higher than this even.

How to: Drop gone wrong-39405701622_9874dd4348_o.jpg
    IPA will save America

mtbr member
    Looks like the little lip a couple feet back from the edge kicked the nose down when his rear wheel hit it.
    I brake for stinkbugs

mtbr member
    Feb 2014
    Looks to me like it all started by mis-timing pulling up the front end. Starting to pull back on the bars after the front wheel has already started dropping is like pulling up on an anchor!

mtbr member
    Nov 2014
    Not enough speed, not enough wheel loft. Too far back and arms almost locked before the drop so that when the front of the bike goes off the drop and starts to fall too soon (because of the lack of speed and not lifting enough) the only possible thing that can happen is the front of the bike pulls on his already locked arms and yanks his body forward and over the bike. His locked out arms makes his body and the bike one solid unit of forward-rotating doom!

You can often see some of the best technique for drops on some of the World Cup XC races, especially when they've got a shot looking head-on at one of the drops as a whole stream of riders goes by. It's a really cool view as you get to see the same technique repeated over and over by a dozen or more riders, and you always see them starting crouched low, face over the stem, arms bent and then as they hit the drop there's plenty of "travel" left in their arms as the bike falls away from them.

fc
    Interesting. Lots of Diving Board videos on youtube. Many of them, how not to.
    IPA will save America

fc
    Quote Originally Posted by canadianjerkey View Post
    Looks to me like it all started by mis-timing pulling up the front end. Starting to pull back on the bars after the front wheel has already started dropping is like pulling up on an anchor!
    Canadianjerkey knows how to do drops well. I can vouch for that.

We were riding with the great Jeff Lenosky who was concerned by a big drop on a rocky landing in the wet. He did it though but then Canadian goes down it nonchalantly on a Ripmo. braap, huck, sweet.
    IPA will save America

Moderator Moderator

mtbr member
    Mar 2011
    Ride somewhere a trail actually exists rather than off a random rock on a hillside into a bunch of tall grass. Or at least don't have your buddy film it then post it up on MTBR.

Oh, So Interesting!
    Quote Originally Posted by J.B. Weld View Post
    Looks like the little lip a couple feet back from the edge kicked the nose down when his rear wheel hit it.
    I agree.

He thought he'd clear the little lip but didn't have enough speed, he either needed to go faster or use the little lip as the end of the drop at the speed he was going. It looks like he mis-timed it but it's not quite that simple.

Improvement on a mt bike involves knowing what your bike is going to do and this comes with experience. Sometimes we gain that experience the hard way...

I did something like this years ago, the drop had a bit of a lip that I didn't account for and I ended up with a Ti plate and screws in my arm. And a broken frame. Guy in the vid was lucky.

Oh, So Interesting!
    Quote Originally Posted by fc View Post
    Anyone ever done the Diving Board in Moab, Utah, Porcupine Rim Trail? I was there a couple weeks ago and holy schit it looks higher now. Higher than this even.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	39405701622_9874dd4348_o.jpg 
Views:	351 
Size:	104.1 KB 
ID:	1201204
    The flat landing makes it seem like it's much larger... it's hard not to bottom your bike out.

mtbr member
    Sep 2015
    is that even on a trail?
    i am so glad he wasnt hurt. that could have been bad if there was a rock right there where his face landed.
    Santa Cruz 5010 C
    Surly Crosscheck.

fc
    Quote Originally Posted by davec113 View Post
    The flat landing makes it seem like it's much larger... it's hard not to bottom your bike out.
    Erosion has done it's part too. The left side of this diving board is even higher.

There is a photo somewhere of a guy walking out from this spot. Alongside him are four of his buddies with his bike. Two with one wheel each attached to their camelbaks. The other two with both halves of his frame. Anyone seen that one?
    IPA will save America

mtbr member
    Feb 2014
    Canadianjerkey knows how to do drops well. I can vouch for that.

We were riding with the great Jeff Lenosky who was concerned by a big drop on a rocky landing in the wet. He did it though but then Canadian goes down it nonchalantly on a Ripmo. braap, huck, sweet.
    I also know how to do drops badly :-)

Naturally there are lots of ways things can go wrong, and often one mistake will catalyze several more. For me though, watching the riders arms snap straight and that looking like it happened right after the front wheel dropped makes me think timing. I'm sure there is more there technically, maybe the pre-loaded wheel unloads forward/down and that nullifies the weight shift/pull on the bars or something like that. I just know that when I've mis-timed a drop and tried to get the front end up after it's already started dropping it has ended uhhhhhh... poorly.

fc
    Quote Originally Posted by canadianjerkey View Post
    I also know how to do drops badly :-)

Naturally there are lots of ways things can go wrong, and often one mistake will catalyze several more. For me though, watching the riders arms snap straight and that looking like it happened right after the front wheel dropped makes me think timing. I'm sure there is more there technically, maybe the pre-loaded wheel unloads forward/down and that nullifies the weight shift/pull on the bars or something like that. I just know that when I've mis-timed a drop and tried to get the front end up after it's already started dropping it has ended uhhhhhh... poorly.
    He dropped in slow and late, didn't preload and weight transfer enough and locked his arms leaving him with no more ammunition.

He might have still been ok but something else happened. Can you see it?
    IPA will save America

mtbr member
    don't brake right before you drop. looks like he did everything else pretty good.

mtbr member
    Mar 2011
    He rode off trail to show off with his buddies further perpetuating the stigma that mountain bikers are dicks?

mtbr member
    Feb 2014
    He dropped in slow and late, didn't preload and weight transfer enough and locked his arms leaving him with no more ammunition.

I'm leaning towards the second bit o' rock that his rear hung up on.

Also he is riding a 29er right? Everybody knows those aren't allowed to do drops!

mtbr member
    May 2018
    Quote Originally Posted by ohmygato View Post
    He rode off trail to show off with his buddies further perpetuating the stigma that mountain bikers are dicks?
    Exactly. Instant karma is the cause.

Don't be like that guy.

Cycologist
    It looks kind of like he hit his rear brake after his front wheel was already off the edge.
    Remember, there's always quilting and knitting if pedalling becomes too tough.

mtbr member
    Apr 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by bloodypalms View Post
    Exactly. Instant karma is the cause.

Don't be like that guy.
    I might be wrong, but isn't this one of the two drops by the clearing off of Wagon Wheel in Tamarancho? I'd always been under the impression these drops were fair game for mountain bikers. I don't believe this is a sensitive area, and there are a couple of rough "trails" leading to the drops. Would be interested in folks' opinions about the legality/ethics of riding these drops at Tamarancho.

mtbr member
    Mar 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by xtrwin View Post
    I might be wrong, but isn't this one of the two drops by the clearing off of Wagon Wheel in Tamarancho? I'd always been under the impression these drops were fair game for mountain bikers. I don't believe this is a sensitive area, and there are a couple of rough "trails" leading to the drops. Would be interested in folks' opinions about the legality/ethics of riding these drops at Tamarancho.
    I could be wrong. It might be totally legit. But considering that it appears to be just some random hillside with no trail (or maybe the trail is covered in tall grass) I expect the OP to explain where it is when posting it up on a super popular mountain biking forum. Mike Vandeman is probably pounding open his coffin right now.

mtbr member
    Sep 2010
    is there even a landing there, full send into the brush? almost looks like if you hit it at the right speed you'd land at an uphill angle...was anyone holding his beer?

mtbr member
    I don't think that is the Tamarancho Wagon Wheel drop - that looks like a different spot and looks a little bit bigger and as others have said I don't see a trail.

My take is that his biggest mistake is that he was tensed up and not relaxed and looks like he hit that feature scared; he panicked and extended his arms and pushed his bike out too early, and did not extend his legs after the rear wheel started to drop - as others have said, he may have panicked and hit the brake as well, which is always a bad idea when approaching almost any feature

Ideally he probably could have had more speed, but that is not a deal breaker and IMO the 2nd little lip shouldn't really matter if you are in correct position and relaxed - his legs were locked and stationary throughout and prevents the bike from jockeying underneath him. Compare his drop to the great Fabien Barrel - this is my favorite drop instruction video:

mtbr member
    Ugh this kind of thread reminds me why I shy away from any drops over waist high and prefer to stick to drops closer to knee height.

pvd
    mtbr member
    FFS.

This is a professional level difficulty drop. It is a terrifying hit attempted by an expert rider. It went wrong. He'll make it next time. That's how he's become so good.

The novice "riders" posting comments on this thread would never dream of trying this. Prove me wrong. Go there. Do the hit. Film it. Show the world.

mtbr member
    I could be wrong. It might be totally legit. But considering that it appears to be just some random hillside with no trail (or maybe the trail is covered in tall grass) I expect the OP to explain where it is when posting it up on a super popular mountain biking forum. Mike Vandeman is probably pounding open his coffin right now.
    If it is the one that i'm thinking of off the wagon wheel trail, i don't see why it would be illegal. as long as you have a trail pass, you're not trespassing, and i don't think the white hill area starts until further up. the rock is also within 30ish feet of the trail, and there are a few different drops on that same hill that i have seen lots of people playing around on.

i've done that drop (at least the one off wagon wheel) a couple times and it's definitely a lot gnarlier in person, but the relatively safe landing makes it not so bad. in my opinion, it takes a bit more maneuvering in the air than a straight forward drop, but it isn't "pro-level".

i don't think any of the "novice" riders are saying that it's an easy drop, the thread was started to try and point out what was happening, and thats what people are doing.

pvd
    mtbr member
    I'm sure you haven't done this drop. Show us.

pvd
    mtbr member
    Everybody is rad when they're sitting behind a keyboard.

Mr. Buck E. Fikes
    Quote Originally Posted by pvd View Post
    FFS.

This is a professional level difficulty drop. It is a terrifying hit attempted by an expert rider. It went wrong. He'll make it next time. That's how he's become so good.

The novice "riders" posting comments on this thread would never dream of trying this. Prove me wrong. Go there. Do the hit. Film it. Show the world.
    Damn. We can all go home now. Good ol' PVD shook his finger at us rookies. We should all hang our heads in shame. Someone, please turn off the lights before you lock up, mmmkay?

mtbr member
    Sure. Next time i ride there i'll have someone film me doing it. After i put that up, maybe you'll show us a video of you dropping in.

pvd
    mtbr member
    I have a portfolio online. It's easy to find.

Nobody even knows who you are. You're anonymous.

mtbr member
    May 2018
    I have a portfolio online. It's easy to find.

Nobody even knows who you are. You're anonymous.
    About that portfolio and bragging about breaking two bicycle helmets per year...

Scooter crash repairs | Peter Verdone Designs

https://www.peterverdone.com/archive/6000RR-CRASH.htm

Formerly dvo
    Everybody is rad when they're sitting behind a keyboard.
    Not you, you're just a dick.
    I'm the problem....

pvd
    mtbr member
    About that portfolio and bragging about breaking two bicycle helmets per year...
    Again, the keyboard jockeys thinking they know anything.

mtbr member
    Apr 2015
    PVD- was just checking out your FB page. WOW! You've got some great pics up there, particularly that drop at Rockville. BANANAS! Is that right above Cave? Scary looking--much more so than the drop this thread is about... Guess getting that good costs quite a few bloody noses.

mtbr member
    Aug 2009
    The drop above this is 3x as big, was hit directly before this with no problems by 2 riders. There is a lot more to these (and all) drops that a video shot from a far off perspective can't show. The lip was the width of a tire, for those who say speed wasn't high enough, that may be true, but if you speed up on this drop you hit the uphill side of the hill, not good. It was a rad attempt, it went wrong. If you are trying to review this footage to make you a better rider, I suggest going out and riding instead, tends to work much better.

mtbr member
    May 2018
    Hey pal, you're the keyboard hero that suggested that folks check out your portfolio.

I did check out as much as I could stomach.

It's odd for someone to be talking so much smack when you struggle with "simple moves" (your description, not mine). This certainly explains why you break two helmets a year though. I'm actually surprised you don't break more.

mtbr member
    Aug 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by xtrwin View Post
    This looks like Calero or Santa Teresa

pvd
    mtbr member
    Hey pal, you're...
    ....and you're anonymous. Like vapor.

I crash all the time. Sometimes videos get shares of the crash. It's not a big deal for folks that know how to ride as the good riders will crash.

You...dont exist. You're anonymous.

mtbr member
    May 2018
    ....and you're anonymous. Like vapor.

I crash all the time. Sometimes videos get shares of the crash. It's not a big deal for folks that know how to ride as the good riders will crash.

You...dont exist. You're anonymous.
    Yeah "Everybody is rad when they're sitting behind a keyboard" until they point you to their portfolio which proves that they are anything but rad. Funny how that worked out for you.

I agree that good riders do crash. Shit happens. But good riders don't usually crash so spectacularly on something so tame, like you did, and then suggest that folks look at their "portfolio" as some kind of proof of their radness after calling out folks on the internet. It was a fantastic self-own!

pvd
    mtbr member
    I'm
    ...just a keyboard pro.

pvd
    mtbr member
    Hey pal...
    What's your name?

Keep on Rockin...

Was just there a few days ago and in the past. Like most features, what makes them easy or hard is the entry and run out. Since both the entry and run out to the Diving Board are super open all you really have to do is take the speed, hold on, stay centered, and not do anything real dumb like lock up a brake (or bounce your ass off the back wheel).

As to the first post, something that doesn't seem to have been mentioned... Mr. Faceplant was too far back on the bike - looked like we all did back when riding bikes with 72 degree HTAs going off lips. Look at the centered position of the guy on the Diving Board vs Faceplant. Faceplant's ass was so far back I think his butt bounced off the rear wheel, which then pushed the rear wheel back into the lip, which then levered his front end down. Combined with his slow speed that was enough to tip the apple cart.

Oh, and BTW, I wasn't mocking the rider. Been there and done it myself. Actually, probably stuff way worse.

Formerly dvo
    What's the problem Pete? Just some people kicking around their theories as to what went wrong in an online video. Yeah most people here ( myself included most likely ) won't step to it but so what? Why the constant asshole vibe? You're the ultimate keyboard jockey because there is no way you live your life like this, you would be getting into fights left and right. Didn't your mama ever tell you if you don't have something nice to say don't say anything at all?
    I'm the problem....

mtbr member
    May 2018
    ...just a keyboard pro.
    Nah, I'm just a guy who followed your advice to look to your portfolio for proof of your badassery. I found quite the opposite. Where did I claim to be a pro?

Apparently my name is "theguywhoisreallygettingunderpeterverdonesskinfors omestrangereason"

pvd
    mtbr member
    Nah...
    Cowards don't have a name.

mtbr member
    May 2018
    Quote Originally Posted by mtbrdan View Post
    What's the problem Pete? Just some people kicking around their theories as to what went wrong in an online video. Yeah most people here ( myself included most likely ) won't step to it but so what? Why the constant asshole vibe? You're the ultimate keyboard jockey because there is no way you live your life like this, you would be getting into fights left and right. Didn't your mama ever tell you if you don't have something nice to say don't say anything at all?
    Nope, he's like this in real life. It's great.

Coward because you won't back up your opinion with your identity. Absolutely ruins accountability as well. Although I see it's uses so I'm torn on this.

@bloodypalms-do you even portfolio bro?

mtbr member
    I agree with PVD’s point that people should not be telling someone else how to do a drop if they cannot do it themselves. Especially if the advice they are giving is not accurate.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by mtbrdan View Post
    He really does live his life like this.
    I was riding china camp about a month ago, climbing up bayview, and he comes flying down without announcing himself whatsoever, nearly runs right into a guy coming around a corner but doesn't slow down, just continues past us.
    never mind the fact that the general rule is to yield to climbers, but also its a saturday on a very busy trail with plenty of hikers with kids, and this guy is just flying down with reckless abandon, and more importantly, no respect at all. idk if you really are a "rad" guy Pete, but i don't know a lot of rad dudes that descend the easy side of bayview, and i definitely don't know any that behave as you do on the trails. Nevermind who hits the drop the right way, we are all out here trying to enjoy the land our own way, and then we have guys like you who are the reason single track in Marin is illegal.

mtbr member
    Man seriously, you are being quite ridiculous.

Over it
    Jun 2010
    "I am amused by the simplicity of your games."

(insert picture of rabbit with pancake on head)
    Nice e-bike! (sorry about your penis)

The broken are the more evolved. Rejoice.

Rider, Builder, Dreamer

I did it my first (and only) time riding the trail. Didn't really mean to. Was just blasting along and though "Hey, this rock loons neat. I should ride up onto it."

I expected a roller off the back side. Oops. Fortunately we have lots of diving board type drops back east so it was a piece of cake. Still scared the bajeezus outta me.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
    Go ride your bike.

mtbr member
    Jan 2014
    FFS.

Your video doing the drop on crack is great. Still looks like child's play on video but I know it ain't.
    Where is this one? I need to check it out and hopefully send it.

pvd
    mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by sosburn View Post
    but i don't know a lot of rad dudes
    Oh good. Now we have novice riders giving instruction on how to ride down a trail. I love that. A guy that has no idea how to read a situation telling someone who was busy reading it, what went on.

Still anonymous, still a coward.

jms
    mtbr member
    Oh good. Now we have novice riders giving instruction on how to ride down a trail. I love that. A guy that has no idea how to read a situation telling someone who was busy reading it, what went on.

I really don't understand your belligerence and hostility, can you explain it?

LOL, the lights would be out on this whole internet thing if not for idle speculation by the ill-informed, it's what people do these days to create a sense of purpose and identity.

BTW - Even the best of us, have inelegant moments that confirm our humanity.

https://www.pinkbike.com/news/greg-m...right-arm.html
    My Favorite Peeps:

mtbr member

I think it’s better that you’re calling me out as a “novice rider” hahaha. Here we have a guy who thinks he has suddenly become this “pro level” guy by riding tamarancho and building mediocre hardtails, calling me out as a novice because i’m saying you have horrible trail manners. so i guess you’re the guy with an inability to read a situation? “nice weather on a saturday on a busy trail, plenty of hikers coming up this way, wouldn’t it be fun to disregard all logic and race my lonely self down this trail? maybe in the process i can further hurt mountain biking’s image in Marin”
    You are no more skillful than the average guy (that little video above makes that pretty clear), and maybe if you weren’t so insecure about your own skill level, you wouldn’t be labeling people you don’t even know as novices. and here you are on the internet trying to defend some guy (poorly) in a video doing a drop that isnt even guaranteed to be the one you claim as “professional”. I think a certain small-handed man would see this and tweet “Sad!”

I just wanna go fast!

Back around his first post, Peter does make a good point. Dude tried something, messed up, crashed well(that's important), and will most likely go back up and do it better next time.

Really only the rider knows why things went wrong. He could have caught his shorts on his tire, miscalculated when to pull up, got off balance on the run in, couldn't see the take off, etc. Ever watched some fast world cup dudes crash? They look like they're shredding super hard until suddenly things get weird and they look like amateurs right before they hit the deck. That's the nature of crashing- you don't usually have the best body position or poise when you're on your way out the door.

It is fun to armchair quarterback though- as long as people don't feel they have to take our advice.

From my professional-going-off "pro level" drops-all-the-time-and-would-be-down-to-hit-that perspective: That guy got far enough over the back of his 29er that he caught his shorts on the back tire. To rectify the situation he should choose one of the following:
    a. switch to a 27.5 bike
    b. grow another 5 inches
    c. wear lycra
    d. Go back up and do it again without the oops.

mtbr member
    Mar 2011
    Thanks Francois for reminding me why I stopped reading the norcal forum.

fc
    Lies. You're here every day.
    IPA will save America

mtbr member
    Mar 2011
    Lies. You're here every day.
    Stopped. Past tense. And now I will try to stop again.

Hella Olde
    My first though was also that those outcropping were at the base of White hill of the B-17 crash fame in Tamarancho. Was never really sure if that was still Wagon Wheel - only used a map once. Those get used quite a bit - there are always skid marks in the clearing below.

Whatever, what I came here to say was that every decade on MTBR has a PedalBoy.

Oldtimers know...

fc
    Stopped. Past tense. And now I will try to stop again.
    Just like AA, we’re here for you!!
    IPA will save America

fc

How to: Drop gone wrong

Quote Originally Posted by DH40 View Post
    My first though was also that those outcropping were at the base of White hill of the B-17 crash fame in Tamarancho. Was never really sure if that was still Wagon Wheel - only used a map once. Those get used quite a bit - there are always skid marks in the clearing below.

Whatever, what I came here to say was that every decade on MTBR has a PedalBoy.

Oldtimers know...
    Pedalboy, he was kind of cool... Albeit neurotic. This one here now is just a legend in his own mind.

Where’s tomcat when you need a laugh...
    IPA will save America

Moderator Moderator
    Just like AA, we’re here for you!!
    Name:  hqdefault.jpg
Views: 1846
Size:  31.7 KB

Formerly dvo
    Down in the wormhole there are some nuggets.....

"I also don’t post anonymously. Everyone knows who PVD is and if they don’t, a link is provided where they can know everything they want about me. I don’t hide and snipe in secret. Think of the other voices you hear, who are they? 99% of the voices that rise against me are anonymous entities. Nobody knows who they are, just the trash they talk. Cowards."
    I'm the problem....

mtbr member
    Sep 2007
    In my best crocodile Dundee voice, that's not a pro level difficulty drop, this is a pro level drop... https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=PrE8sT-zMEE#

mtbr member
    Apr 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by nilswalk View Post

You can often see some of the best technique for drops on some of the World Cup XC races, especially when they've got a shot looking head-on at one of the drops as a whole stream of riders goes by. It's a really cool view as you get to see the same technique repeated over and over by a dozen or more riders, and you always see them starting crouched low, face over the stem, arms bent and then as they hit the drop there's plenty of "travel" left in their arms as the bike falls away from them.

Can you link to one of these examples? Would love to see.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by bdamschen View Post

From my professional-going-off "pro level" drops-all-the-time-and-would-be-down-to-hit-that perspective: That guy got far enough over the back of his 29er that he caught his shorts on the back tire. To rectify the situation he should choose one of the following:
    a. switch to a 27.5 bike
    b. grow another 5 inches
    c. wear lycra
    d. Go back up and do it again without the oops.
    Im surprised you are the first person to mention the shorts. That was my first thought as well. Especially with all of the "experts"

mtbr member
    Feb 2014
    does look like that area others mention at Tamarancho, but not the main line with all the tire tracks, but to the right (if you're looking uphill at it)

Flying Goat
    gotta drop those heels...

mtbr member
    Apr 2015
    Can confirm the drop is the one off Wagon Wheel at Tamarancho, just about a quarter mile before you cross Blue Ridge fire road and start on the B17 connector. Definitely much scarier looking up close and in person than it appears in this picture or in the video. Was there yesterday with the intent to try it, but chickened out. Next time I'll bring a full face helmet and some brown bike shorts.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails How to: Drop gone wrong-tamodrop.jpg  

fc
    Quote Originally Posted by Hel Mot View Post
    In my best crocodile Dundee voice, that's not a pro level difficulty drop, this is a pro level drop... https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=PrE8sT-zMEE#
    pro level rider on a pro level drop

C'mon now.

And it's good to analyze what went wrong here if we can learn something from it. Dental insurance is overrated. I have four coaches/icons looking at this video on my FB and we've learned a lot.
    IPA will save America

jms
    mtbr member
    And on a lighter note....
    https://youtu.be/0ADfZ5PYrtY
    My Favorite Peeps:

pvd
    mtbr member
    pro level rider on a pro level drop

C'mon now..
    You will never even try it. We still haven't seen anyone step up to it. That and my summation makes it pretty clear to me what kind of drop it is.

Formerly dvo
    You will never even try it. We still haven't seen anyone step up to it. That and my summation makes it pretty clear to me what kind of drop it is.
    That doesn't matter, you and your attitude are being collectively mocked, if the price for being brilliant is your cocky **** everyone and everything attitude I am happy being an idiot. In your own words, **** you.
    I'm the problem....

mtbr member
    Are you children going to bicker all day?

Over it
    Jun 2010
    ^^ Says the anonymous pig with no profolio. : )

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by dirtvert View Post
    Is the pig bickering? No, he is not.

Over it
    Jun 2010
    That'll do.

(I'm just throwing you under the bus with the rest of us mortals)

Snowjnky McDreamy
    It's why I am back !!!
    Brother Seamus?
    Like an Irish monk?
    Comic relief in a discussion does no harm..
    CS Lewis
    Quadzilla

Snowjnky McDreamy
    My name is Chris Costanzo and I am not a coward.

Out of curiosity what are the "cowards" scared of ?
    This is still a mountain bike forum right FC?

I would suggest not being a dick,most likey you will run into everyone you call cowards, and that's weird.

Also I think its funny that you have a website and the first thing that pops up is a scooter....not that there is anything wrong with that.
    Brother Seamus?
    Like an Irish monk?
    Comic relief in a discussion does no harm..
    CS Lewis
    Quadzilla

mtbr member
    Jul 2006
    This. Glad he wasn't injured (except for pride...) but clearly butt hit the rear wheel just as the front wheel needed to be lifted and lost momentum. Looked a little on the slow side as well.

mtbr member
    Jul 2006

Yep, and burped both tires on my Maverick ML-7 when I landed. Did it, dusted off and never again.

fc
    Quote Originally Posted by joby View Post
    This. Glad he wasn't injured (except for pride...) but clearly butt hit the rear wheel just as the front wheel needed to be lifted and lost momentum. Looked a little on the slow side as well.
    correct. Many think he braked but his butt stopped the rear tire.
    IPA will save America

Sweater
    That'll do.

(I'm just throwing you under the bus with the rest of us mortals)
    Tip: do not say this to any woman who’s seen Babe. Especially if you’re married to her. Sometimes things aren’t as funny out loud as they are in your head.
    All out of S**** and down to my last F***

Over it
    Jun 2010
    ^^ That's a PRO tip right there.

fc
    ^^ That's a PRO tip right there.
    I didn't see no portfolio.
    IPA will save America

Contains no juice.
    And you heard it here first, folks!

Not in the dictionary. Yet.
    Last edited by Finch Platte; 06-05-2018 at 02:27 AM. Reason: Dump Trump!!
    At least you got a nice boat out of the deal.

DJ Trump

mtbr member
    Jan 2008
    His arms are stretched out more than Superman as he is getting back to pull up going off the drop. Can’t pull up very well when arms are straight horizontal. Maybe get a frame that fits and not some stupid long reach pos. Pro level drop my balls

fc
    Quote Originally Posted by jcin View Post
    His arms are stretched out more than Superman as he is getting back to pull up going off the drop. Can’t pull up very well when arms are straight horizontal. Maybe get a frame that fits and not some stupid long reach pos. Pro level drop my balls
    Succinctly put.

pvd did it so it is pro level cause he is legend in his own mind with portfolio. No one is allowed to comment either for they are ’cowards’.
    IPA will save America

Mr. Buck E. Fikes
    correct. Many think he braked but his butt stopped the rear tire.
    I would concur after watching it again. I was concentrating on his outstretched arms but clearly he received the Minionenema. I took a few Nobby Nicenemas on Flow last week when flying the tabletops. Fortunately, I was in the air so no issues.

fc
    I would concur after watching it again. I was concentrating on his outstretched arms but clearly he received the Minionenema. I took a few Nobby Nicenemas on Flow last week when flying the tabletops. Fortunately, I was in the air so no issues.
    #minionenema #ftl
    IPA will save America

pvd
    mtbr member
    No one is allowed to comment either for they are ’cowards’.
    Posting anonymously on the internet is the cowards play.

So much talk here from the brave anonymous ones. No attempts have been made. Just a lot of talk.

mtbr member

So much talk here from the brave anonymous ones. No attempts have been made. Just a lot of talk.
    If you really believe your public portfolio speaks so well for itself to put you above the plebeian crowd, then please let it do that and stop posting so many insults to tear everyone else down instead.

mtbr member
    May 2014

It is an Internet forum. Everyone is annonomous. You can say your PVD, but how do I know that it is the real PVD commenting? You could say your the queen of England and post pictures of her saying that’s you, or maybe a link to a website or say anything you want.

All that matters here is a user name and the substance of what Is posted from that user name. That is how all are judged on the interenet. Welcome to 2018.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast