Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Dropshot Champ!
    it looks like there might be a break between 2 and 5. small showers.

worth a shot.

HTFU!
    Quote Originally Posted by Metamorphic View Post
    Darn weather men. I could have snuck in a ride this morning but the forecast shut me down.
    Bummer! You should never trust those guys. A small group of us got in FHDL early (enough). The Sky opened up just as we were near the end. The trails *were* in great shape...it was glorious.
    If you trust those weather prognosticator folks, we might not be riding until January.

mtbr member
    Nov 2009
    Damn. I came in last night and saw more rain from Stockton to Lincoln than I see all year in SoCal. I was ready to ride today. As much as came down, who knows if it will dry while I am here.

I brought my road bike just in case. I can drive over to the American RIver and take a cruise.

mtbr member
    I rode Stagecoach/ Clementine/ Culvert/ Confluence/ back up Stagecoach and it was great today! Waited for the rain to break around 10 and it was wet but no mud. I had a blast, the trails were managing water really well. I plan on going again tomorrow

mtbr member
    Nov 2009
    Middle of the day was even freaking cold. I forgot how much colder NorCal got in the winter.

Dropshot Champ!
    I was on 2 feet instead of tires today, but cleared the deadfall from flood/manzanita and unblocked some drainage stuff. The water is flowing good, but everything is draining really nicely.

mtbr member
    Dec 2005
    redmr2man, Thanks for clearing off the debris.

mtbr member
    Jan 2011
    Any recent update on auburn?

mtbr member
    Apr 2011
    Rode Stagecoach, Clementine, Middle Trail, and Confluence on the 24th. It was all decent. I'd still avoid Culvert just because its more delicate in the rain. I'd also plan on walking the falls on Confluence Trail as the rock bridge on the left edge line is getting undermined, and the right side line is a pool.

Rode Flood and Lower Clementine on Christmas Day. Flood was a blast with water flowing down it. Wet, muddy, slick...but fun.

mtbr member
    Dec 2005
    My buddy lives on Russel Rd. and went for a run today on Manzanita. He said that is was pretty wet.

Dropshot Champ!
    Quote Originally Posted by Metamorphic View Post
    I'd also plan on walking the falls on Confluence Trail as the rock bridge on the left edge line is getting undermined, and the right side line is a pool.
    ha. Story time!

I usually pump the right line through the water, seems faster. Hit it in its current condition, instant OTB, that puppy was over a foot deep!

mtbr member
    Apr 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by redmr2_man View Post
    ha. Story time!

I usually pump the right line through the water, seems faster. Hit it in its current condition, instant OTB, that puppy was over a foot deep!
    You don't say.

mtbr member
    Dec 2012
    Thinking about heading down from the lake while my pass is blacked out this week. What trails dry out the quickest down there? Any of them good to go tomorrow or Monday?

Dropshot Champ!
    I'd wait for someone else to chime in since I haven't been up there, but I can say that everything is draining really well. The area has been without decent rain for over 2 days now.

I'd ride it!

mtbr member
    Nov 2009
    If the weather looks good tomorrow I might try it. Last time I was here I had a fully rigid, I have a Salsa Spearfish now. What trails should I check.

mtbr member
    Dec 2005
    Typically, Forest Hill Divide takes longer to clear up and as mentioned, Culvert can has some spots that should be avoided.

mtbr member
    Apr 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by BikeThePlanet View Post
    If the weather looks good tomorrow I might try it. Last time I was here I had a fully rigid, I have a Salsa Spearfish now. What trails should I check.
    A nice ride for tomorrow would be to drop in at Russell Road, take off on Flood, finish Stage Coach to the confluence, Clementine to the rocks, out and back on Connector, then middle trail and Confluence Trail, and back up Stage Coach. That would be about 16 miles, and all of it drains well. Connector could be a little cool, so dress warm if you hit it early.

mtbr member
    Dec 2012
    Awesome - thanks for the details!

huck to flat
    How well does culvert do after a rain? I haven't been up there since last winter so I am unfamiliar with the new work that they've done.

looking like sunday could be a good day to ride, low chance for rain today and saturday.

mtbr member
    Dec 2012
    Took the route suggested by Metamorphic today and it was great. Made a run down Culvert and although it is wet, it's easy enough to dodge the softer spots (most of them are at the bases of the jumps). Thanks again for the info!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2