Medium?

How cool would some new trails be?

My house is near the red scribble, Kmax and the bunnies live near the yellow. The proposed trails are marked by dashed lines in the shaded Morgan Hill city open space areas.

Alas, the crochety home owners up the hill will probably win out over the rowdy bikers. My parents-in-law are actually among them and pretty vocal. It's made for some 'interesting' family dinner conversations.

Anyone want to come down to the City Council meeting next Wed night, then sample some of El Toro's tasty brews and food afterwards?
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Fast Eddy; 09-19-2007 at 10:29 PM.

Totally, and to the max.
    I'm so there.

Just for some background for anyone else, the Bicyce and Trails Council of Morgan Hill has been working on creating bikeways in the town for a while now. Lots of studies and research going into this. It's the future of any healthy city, and along with ecotourism and green building, alternative transport will be the topic of the decade.

But don't do it in their backyard for godsakes! When some advisory meetings were announced, the Jackson Oaks Community launched an impressive campaign of misinformation to create fear in the minds of the homeowners and dissuade any openmindedness to a cool little trail system in my hood! Of course, since I'm new here and a cyclist, I'm kinda part of the problem. I went to a few meetings where people were allowed to voice their concerns and heard everything from threats of home invasion to fire dangers. They said that the Bikers (not cyclists), with their races and cigarette smoking (I kid you not) would cause traffic/parking nightmares and pose fire threats. Oh, and trash, and loitering and vandalism.

The truth is, they just don't want others to be able to enjoy what they so freely are enjoying. What's more is that if anything, the trails will be underused. It could potentailly be a waste of funds at worst, but at best, us Bikers will have a fun little loop to play around on after work.

Did you say beer?

Paper or plastic?
    So, basically, K-Max and FE are trying to get the taxpayers to fund some trails so that they can bike to each other's house to go drink some brews. Did I get the gist of the story?
    Faster is not always better, but it's always more fun

eBiker
    Quote Originally Posted by zorg
    So, basically, K-Max and FE are trying to get the taxpayers to fund some trails so that they can bike to each other's house to go drink some brews. Did I get the gist of the story?
    But it will be a public trail, so we can stop by and drink all their beer too! Whatcha go on tap guys?

P

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.P
    But it will be a public trail, so we can stop by and drink all their beer too! Whatcha go on tap guys?

P
    between the two of them, you can bet its good stuff.

I'm in so long as we start at the Max's and work our way to FE's, and not the other way around.

Medium?
    Quote Originally Posted by zorg
    Can you imagine that people would be against something like that? The nerve...

Medium?
    Quote Originally Posted by grrrah
    I'm in so long as we start at the Max's and work our way to FE's, and not the other way around.
    Your topo is strong grrrah-san.

Medium?
    One of the trails doesn't look like your kids would be riding up it much.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Paper or plastic?
    Quote Originally Posted by Fast Eddy
    Can you imagine that people would be against something like that? The nerve...
    Damn, I'd be all over it. Actually, maybe I should petition Fremont to get a trail from my house to GMM's.

Obviously, if that trail system ever gets built, either officially or through the magic of night elves work, the Norcal board expects a guided ride from you two.
    Faster is not always better, but it's always more fun