mtbr member

Hitting Kennedy this weekend ... And I hope you don't like it!

Speaking to ex wife #2. Lots to do getting the house ready to sell but there is always Sunday between football games I figure. As usual ... will give out free marriage advise while on the ride.
    You became weak loafing around in that big girly gear! -Soares

mtbr member
    Jan 2006
    Damn, if the weather sucked, I'd come over and join you Since it doesn't, I gotta stay on local dirt. Thankfully, I am pretty sure that guy who I can't name (who has mod access) will be stuck in his house an unable to crash into me.

Plan is likely roads to SV to *cough* to 9 to UCSC to Wilder back home.

Riding with the wife on Sunday -- probably UCSC / Wilder.

Since my back is better (I think, or is it, I forgot -- it is hard in my advanced age), a Kennedy climb is due soon.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by grumblingcrustacean View Post
    Damn, if the weather sucked, I'd come over and join you Since it doesn't, I gotta stay on local dirt. Thankfully, I am pretty sure that guy who I can't name (who has mod access) will be stuck in his house an unable to crash into me.

Plan is likely roads to SV to *cough* to 9 to UCSC to Wilder back home.

Riding with the wife on Sunday -- probably UCSC / Wilder.

Since my back is better (I think, or is it, I forgot -- it is hard in my advanced age), a Kennedy climb is due soon.
    Your plan is better than mine! Ex wife #2 went on one ride and crashed ... did not get hurt but ... end of MTB career for her. Did only one maybe two rides during the week since you threatened your after work deal but let me know when your hitting "K". If you don't bring back more chum tales ... he's gonna think you don't love him anymore! If I sell this property soon maybe I come move to your neighborhood. Not too far a drive to Kennedy from there.

mtbr member
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by ancient rascal View Post
    If I sell this property soon maybe I come move to your neighborhood. Not too far a drive to Kennedy from there.
    I was thinking you could go rogue and setup a shack up at the top of Kennedy. Maybe serve beer to those that suffer up the hill. You would be required to bike the supplies and materials up there, however

Aussie Battler
    Dec 2012
    For my first ride back after 3 weeks I wanted to do a long flat warm up with climbs that weren't too steep. Kennedy and Priest are in the too steep category for this purpose. So I did El Soreno from home. It seems my knee didn't appreciate it so well have to see how it pans out through the week.

Have fun. Go Niners.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by grumblingcrustacean View Post
    I was thinking you could go rogue and setup a shack up at the top of Kennedy. Maybe serve beer to those that suffer up the hill. You would be required to bike the supplies and materials up there, however
    Getting some good hits on the house from craigslist... maybe I can get a little shack @ Lexington with a hotplate and a spare room for a pet cougar. Sell beers at my place after rides? Then ... I won't be the only one divorced ... right ?
    Quote Originally Posted by gregk2001 View Post
    For my first ride back after 3 weeks I wanted to do a long flat warm up with climbs that weren't too steep. Kennedy and Priest are in the too steep category for this purpose. So I did El Soreno from home. It seems my knee didn't appreciate it so well have to see how it pans out through the week.

Have fun. Go Niners.
    Dammit Ausigreg ... It's been awhile. El Soreno is just like Kennedy its steep also. Looks like Soars ...LG man ... lilysdad, and AR @ Kennedy tamale. It was hella nice there today.

Aussie Battler
    Dec 2012
    Too steep in this case means no dabs. Both lower Priest and Kennedy there's one spot that I have to get off.

It was nice to get out in short sleeves and short finger gloves for a change

mtbr member

10am today @ Kennedy gate

LG man and AR ... so far ... hey that rhymes eh ? May come back down and go back up with soars and lilysdad if they show later. Oh yeah ... does a 49er win today and another win in the Super bowl add 5% value on homes in the valley and say 10% on Santa Clara homes?
    Last edited by ancient rascal; 01-20-2013 at 10:29 AM. Reason: Forgot to mess with everyone !

mtbr member

Wow !

Must have been 8 gals on Kennedy today. First trip up was with LG man. Got back down and Soars and Lilysdad show up so back up we go. LG man wanted to go see the niners so he just came back up partway. Great fun and we talked another rider into joining mtbr after shooting the --it with him. #190 and #191 today. Countdown is on !

mtbr member
    I wanna be there for #200...
    I'm not sure how this works.

mtbr member

Thanks man !

Quote Originally Posted by squashyo View Post
    I wanna be there for #200...
    Should take us less than 40 minutes to wrap it up!

mtbr member
    I saw Lilysdad there for a bit before you guys came down. I had a quick spin up Kennedy road and then had to turn around to meet the wife for lunch. Went to Happy Hound and those burgers are amazingly good! Why I have never had one before is a mystery to me.
    They never made the "Slowster"