mtbr member
    Apr 2011

HITG - Anybody been up to see how much snow is still down?

Wondering how long it will be till hole in the ground is ridable.

mtbr member
    Jul 2008
    it will be a long time. just like it is every year.

mtbr member
    TRT will need to be pretty much clear before you have any hope of HITG opening.
    Consciousness, that annoying time between bike rides.

mtbr member
    I was waiting for this thread. Happens every year about this time. I heard the DLRT was clear to just before summit lake, so that means probably another 4 weeks at least. I was up about 7000ft west of 89 today and we hit sizable snow drifts. HITG goes to almost 9000 ft then drops down to ~7500 in a very protected, north facing bowl. Lots of snow still in there.

mtbr member
    Dec. 28th - Daddy, how soon will it be Christmas again?
    I like to bike.

mtbr member
    Apr 2004
    Was in the Tahoe area for mothers day weekend. I was expecting an early summer to start, but looking at the mountains it's clear to me that we won't be doing any of the higher elevation rides until later this summer.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by scaryfast View Post
    Was in the Tahoe area for mothers day weekend. I was expecting an early summer to start, but looking at the mountains it's clear to me that we won't be doing any of the higher elevation rides until later this summer.
    Go east and you can go up high...the TRT from the top of martis to Watson lake is 99% snow free and I hear that it is also snow free almost all the way to the top of the Link.
    Always respect rangers, they are doing their job-Everyone else has no authority, so get out of the way of the of the ATrain!

mtbr member
    Apr 2004
    That's weird, I had a friend that rode up and told me the gate was closed and there was a ton of snow still. I'll have to check it out this coming weekend I guess.
    Last edited by scaryfast; 05-16-2012 at 10:54 PM.

Rubber side down
    Mar 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by Wilderness Rider View Post
    Go east and you can go up high...the TRT from the top of martis to Watson lake is 99% snow free and I hear that it is also snow free almost all the way to the top of the Link.
    There's still a bit f snow from the fiber board to missing link on the climbs. Dh is clear on both PR and ML.
    Jack Tupp

mtbr member
    TRT is 90% clear from top of martis to watson lake.
    Always respect rangers, they are doing their job-Everyone else has no authority, so get out of the way of the of the ATrain!

mtbr member
    Any updates on the snow situation? Was thinking of a Sunday day trip.

Dropshot Champ!
    went up today with a small group. Still alot of snow, but it was mostly small annoying spots every 50 yards or so. A few bigger down trees and snowdrifts that probably added a good 45mins of dismounts and walking to the loop.

Someone needs to get out there to saw some huge trees off the trails, but the snow should be gone/rideable in ~2weeks. The stream crossings and random creeks were fairly deep, but most had a rock option to go around.

mtbr member
    Jul 2010
    My friend went up last week and the trail was under snow. He said it was horrible.