Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

Henry W Coe SP Trailwork; Jim Donnelly Trail

1K views 11 replies 8 participants last post by  d-bug 
#1 · (Edited)
This post is a prelude to this coming weekend's "2nd Saturday" Trail Work Day on the Jim Donnelly Trail. Three of us "weekday warriors" had a session of "supervised" trail work today; Travis (tjhspapa), myself and Sue-the-horse-gal worked on the first leg on the trail.

We were able to finally finish the first switchback turn; "Home Depot Corner" so named for the use of the landscaping blocks. It's been serviceable for quite some time now; it needed the back-slope cut and the in-sloped drain shaped per State standards.

Here's a time-lapse of work on the corner:

(Mute if you don't like Irish folk ballads!)

A few views of the finished corner:

Hopefully, Sorcerer will add details of the upcoming TWD either here or in a new thread.

See less See more
1 3
#5 ·
Room for improvement

I posted the trail work day on mtbr here.

For better and worse the trail is getting wider. At least the bottom third is, so far anyway. People here have to understand that this is going to be a very busy trail sometimes, and that passing lanes are going to be useful mitigators of potential conflict sometimes. The trail often, but not always, has good sight-lines. When the trail is complete there will have to be some adjustments made up to and including the installation of pinch-points as needed.

Pliebenberg and the Backcountry Ranger and maybe Travis are going to buck the tree that fell on the JDT off tomorrow. I hope the results get posted on this thread and on the thread about next Saturday.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.