Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    More pie please
    Quote Originally Posted by greaneto View Post
    Rough distance, time, and footies would be good to know.
    Roy’s rides at Coe at typically 40 – 50 miles, 7,500 – 10,000’ climbing

Quote Originally Posted by d-bug View Post
    …and when I saw the list of attendees decided I was out as well. No effing way can I keep up…
    Uh-oh, who am I going to ride with then?

Well, I’ll still do my little Willow Ridge Trail ride; it can be a “B” ride alternative for
    those who want something a little slower with breaks and focused on fun trails…
    guessin’ 20-30 miles 3-4k.

///Charlie

(Bailing-out: if you don’t go over the first ridge, then it’s easy to bail – make a u-turn.
    It’s best if you have a map, really.)
    Long live long rides

mtbr member
    I plan to be there for the start, maybe do B-ride.

Jimbo

PRETENDURO
    Well, whatever the day may present for us, I am eagerly looking forward to tomorrow. It’s going to ****ing rock!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    QUOTE from MTBR.COM: You have given Brewtality too much Reputation in the last 24 hours, try again later.

PRETENDURO
    Was a great day out at Coe today:

IMG_0717
    IMG_0721
    IMG_0726
    QUOTE from MTBR.COM: You have given Brewtality too much Reputation in the last 24 hours, try again later.

mtbr member
    It was indeed a great day! The park was in surprisingly great shape with very little slop for this time of the year!

Since conditions were so good, we decided to head up Jim Donnelly rather than Lyman-Willson Ridge
    From Henry Coe (JDT, Willow Ridge) - Jan 2013

Despite some fog/smog in the distance, we had clear views of the snow-capped Sierras several times - that was cool! Views within the park were awesome as always!

A few of us hadn't experienced LP's fatbike before

Marco grabbed my (thought unreachable) KOM on Wasno Wall with style

The trees of Coe have a different beauty in winter (when they aren't blocking trails, that is )

The lakes are all in great shape, will be awesome for swimming when it really warms up

Chris says she saw some flowers so fingers-crossed that we'll get a good wildflower display this spring!

How can you not chuckle at this?

Back at Hunting Hollow just before sunset!

I was pretty happy to get some new PRs - unexpected in January!

Beers & food at El Toro Brewpub in Morgan Hill capped the day! Thanks everyone!

Is now still the time?

A Ride to Wheelo Ridge

This was the second ride for me with the GravityDropper Turbo I-beam 6 position 5" drop (1" increments).

Last weekend I rode from Skeggs point and didn't really use it much. But this ride gave plenty of time to use it. Going down Wheelo Ridge Trail with the seat dropped put a bigger smile on my face than usual.

LP no kidding around rode something chubbier than Oprah Winfrey's legs.

LP is wheelie on the way to Wheelo Ridge Rd.

By the trees we rode.

An amphibian that's not a toad.

There was a big rock out there we call "That Dome".

Yes long distance runaround.

It was easy to push off the trail.

A ride on the single tracks of Coe...

is always something good to know.

Big or small, we ride them all.
    SOrCerer

More pie please
    For the most part, the group stuck with the "B" ride. Temps nearly 70º and very little mud, beautiful day! A few random pictures from my camera…

Foosh and his 17½ pound bike coming off of Willson Peak:

The group at That Rock:

Chris & ratpick on White Tank Road:

Hoover Airstrip…

plymmer & Pork:

Chris, Sorcerer, & ratpick:

Hoover Lake:

Porkstacker !!!

Sorcerer riding the Gilroy Hot Springs Bridge skinny:

Great group and a very fun day, thank you for initiating LP !!!

///Charlie

Start from at Hunting Hollow » Hunting Hollow Road » Jim Donnelly Trail » Steer Ridge Road » Willson Peak Trail » Willson Peak » Willson Peak Trail » Steer Ridge Road » Wagon Road » Crest Road » Willson Field Hill Radio Tower » Crest Road » Wagon Road » Fish & Game Trail » Coit Road » Coit Lake Perimeter Trail » Coit Dam Road » Willow Ridge Road » White Tank Road » Hoover Airstrip » Hoover Lake » Hoover Lake Trail » Willow Ridge Road » Willow Ridge Trail » Narrows Trail » Mahoney Meadows Road » Lost Spring Trail » Mahoney Meadows Road » Coit Road » Cross Canyon Trail » Coit Springs Trail » Grapevine Trail » Anza Trail » Coit Road » Gilroy Hot Springs Road » Hunting Hollow parking lot. 29.65 miles / 4:50 moving time / 7:08 total time / 5,311'

Gilroy:

Cordoza Ridge

Last edited by Skyline35; 01-20-2013 at 08:33 AM. Reason: typo
    Long live long rides

mtbr member
    Jul 2011
    Wow! Looks like everyone had an awesome time. I'm definitely going to try and make it to the next one.

mtbr member
    Had intentions of trying to join, but I did not even crawl out of bed till 10:00am after a 30 mile epic on Friday. Did finally get down there and the weather was simply amazing, rolled up JD to Spike Jones to Timm, then up JD again, down Wilson Peak, Up Serpentine and down Middle Steer, hit the Spot.

Actually ran into Sally out there, and guess what Charlie you have a secret admirer, she insisted in collecting you a bouquet of mistletoe!
    Go get that KOM "You Deserve" - http://www.digitalepo.com/index.php

More pie please
    Quote Originally Posted by TahoeBC View Post
    Actually ran into Sally out there, and guess what Charlie you have a secret admirer, she insisted in collecting you a bouquet of mistletoe!
    Long live long rides

PRETENDURO
    Would be nice to get a monthly group ride thing going on out at Coe— one that wouldn’t coincide with my 2013 XC racing schedule, of course… although riding at Coe is always more fun than racing. Anyone willing to work around my selfish racing schedule?

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Leopold Porkstacker View Post
    Would be nice to get a monthly group ride thing going on out at Coe— one that wouldn’t coincide with my 2013 XC racing schedule, of course… although riding at Coe is always more fun than racing. Anyone willing to work around my selfish racing schedule?
    Come summer, plymmer and I have a few rides for you - oh yeah! - you may need a rubber band and cork (per Sorcerer)

King Of Tooth Tarter

"You Know Where To Put The Cork"

...lyric from the Who, of course (being the best band ever and I don't want to hear any arguments).

I think you may need a spare shifter cable, 2 spare hangers and a hacksaw blade.

You'd be surprised how much more fun Coe is once temps. go over 100. Glorious!

Roy.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by plymmer View Post
    ...lyric from the Who, of course (being the best band ever and I don't want to hear any arguments).
    What? I thought it was Led Zeppelin? So confused

I think you may need a spare shifter cable, 2 spare hangers and a hacksaw blade.

You'd be surprised how much more fun Coe is once temps. go over 100. Glorious!

Roy.
    I do like heat to a degree (that degree being about 100) but Coe is a great place to be when it's really hot. There is nothing like dropping everything and diving in a pond on a hot day.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2