Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

Henry Coe Night Ride Sat???

2K views 12 replies 7 participants last post by  Fast Eddy 
#1 ·
9 miles of singletrack, 5 miles of fire road, 2500' climbing, your choice of two half-mile hike-a-bikes, about three hours with stops.

Only thing is you can't be a hammer like Paul J.

#9 ·
I found some lites...

Wherewolf said:
I didn't think you had a light. I was going to ask if you wanted to try Annadel again on Saturday.
...just before I left for AZSF.
They are minimal at best and have not been trail tested yet.

Life is still impinging on my ride schedule...I can'tcommit.
What happened last friday is still an issue.

Keep me informed and if I can join a ride I will.

Tim

#11 ·
Night ride vs Day

Fast Eddy said:
9 miles of singletrack, 5 miles of fire road, 2500' climbing, your choice of two half-mile hike-a-bikes, about three hours with stops.

Only thing is you can't be a hammer like Paul J.
Very curious since never experienced a night ride. Can you educate me a little about what's it about, is it more fun?, what equipment is a must for a starter and what trails in the area are open at night?.
Thanks in advance!.

#12 ·
Not many trails are open at night

around here, at least. Mission Peak is open until 10pm. Henry Coe is open 24 hours, but it's all really steep. You have to be in some decent shape to go out there at all, let alone at night. No patrols or rescues would be likely at night.

You need a light that will last for at least three hours. Most will cost at least $200. I've made my own for less.

Any of the lights in the MTBR Light Shine-off would work.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.