Obi
    mtbr member

Has Obi the Neo-Luddite just "Sold Out"?

How will this affect my rep power, lets see.

[Head hanging down and avoiding eye contact] FYI, this neo-luddite not only slapped a 831 fork on the front of his singlespeed to make it into a play bike, but also got himself an iPhone. Even worse, I'm in the process of getting Abvio-Cyclometer downloaded.

Let the laughter and bashing commence. I need to see about getting back to where I was before the car accident and welcome anyone to ride along.

~I might even slap Lil-Obi'ette in the trailer for resistance training. Apparently it has a caloric burn function too?? How will it tell if I'm on a ss and trailering versus just going out and hammering away?
    You have given out too much Positive Reputation in the last 24 hours, try again later.
    Awesome!

It's about showing up.
    All time on the bike with the heir in the trailer is considered hammering.
    I don't rattle.

Obi
    mtbr member
    Thanks man.

I'm still figuring out how to post it all up..I didn't take the princess, she was more into chillin w/ Mommy, so in a way tonight was a great chance for me to go out and see how far off I am from before. My average speed is down from 13mph average to 9.94mph and I couldn't do the harder/steeper climb, I did do the warmup one and the finish one. I just couldn't keep my arms pulling hard enough to put the power down to the pedals. I stopped, laughed at myself, then turned around and continued on. The total distance was less than 8.5 miles and I'm tore up. Funny b/c I'd average 13miles out here all the time a year ago. I needed to add in the distance for the north side of the canal next time to get the total 13-ish and have it be a non stop spin.

[EDIT]Let's see if this works. *If there's a better way to show the graphs w/e someone show me so I can learn this stuff faster?

http://maps.google.com/?q=http://sha...10707-1910.kml
    Last edited by Obi; 07-08-2011 at 01:30 AM.
    You have given out too much Positive Reputation in the last 24 hours, try again later.
    Awesome!

mtbr member
    Nov 2005
    Somebody come take him out riding, please?

ballbuster

Selling out...

Quote Originally Posted by Obi View Post
    How will this affect my rep power, lets see.

[Head hanging down and avoiding eye contact] FYI, this neo-luddite not only slapped a 831 fork on the front of his singlespeed to make it into a play bike, but also got himself an iPhone. Even worse, I'm in the process of getting Abvio-Cyclometer downloaded.

Let the laughter and bashing commence. I need to see about getting back to where I was before the car accident and welcome anyone to ride along.

~I might even slap Lil-Obi'ette in the trailer for resistance training. Apparently it has a caloric burn function too?? How will it tell if I'm on a ss and trailering versus just going out and hammering away?
    ... is the same as not selling out for the sake of not selling out.

Do what you want. Try to have a conscious about doing it, and who gives a crap. It's not like you're burning piles of Styrofoam in your backyard.

That said, I dont' think I personally would ever take an iPhone out riding, except maybe in the Camelbak. All of that rattling around can't be good for it, and they are like $600 to replace.

Obi
    mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by pimpbot View Post

Do what you want. Try to have a conscious about doing it, and who gives a crap. It's not like you're burning piles of Styrofoam in your backyard.

That said, I dont' think I personally would ever take an iPhone out riding, except maybe in the Camelbak. All of that rattling around can't be good for it, and they are like $600 to replace.
    Nah, the 3gs I got for $50 w/ my ATT Plan and then I got the Otter Case for it from all4cellular.com for less than $20. You don't leave the phone out, you start the meter, click the close screen button, put it away and go ride. You can have it do announcements, etc, but I don't need that. Just record the map and info and I'm good to go.
    Awesome!

mtbr member
    Nov 2010
    Its certainly one of the better apps out there, but until Apple releases a phone with ANT+, there will never be an iPhone that replaces a dedicated training tool.

PRETENDURO
    Quote Originally Posted by Obi View Post
    you start the meter, click the close screen button, put it away and go ride. You can have it do announcements, etc,

LOL, youre minding your own business riding away, hammering up that hill, when all of a sudden it blurts out with a computerised voice stating, Holy Sht!!! KOM on that segment!!!
    QUOTE from MTBR.COM: You have given Brewtality too much Reputation in the last 24 hours, try again later.

Feeling a little taller
    Quote Originally Posted by pimpbot View Post

Is that something like conforming to confomity for the sake of not conforming to nonconformity?
    There are no stupid questions but there are A LOT of inquisitive idiots.

Bicycle Trails Council of the East Bay

ballbuster

zactly!

Quote Originally Posted by Dan'ger View Post
    Is that something like conforming to confomity for the sake of not conforming to nonconformity?
    What was it on Southpark?

How do I become a non-conformist?
    Easy. You just have to dress the way we do, talk like us and listen to the same music/

.... or something like that

Obi
    mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan'ger
    We'll need a few drinks in us before we get into figuring that one out. Do keep in mind that the logic in either interpretation applies to me..therefore it's lost in purpose and sense anyhow.

No mileage tonight, blew a tire 1/4 out and found out we're out of tubes and all my patch glue's hard and the insta-patched are crap.

I'm considering the idea of having it with me on a certain pump track just to see what kind of #'s I or someone else can lay down.
    Awesome!

mtbr member
    How is that app working out? I'm thinking about getting it.

Obi
    mtbr member
    Pretty nicely I must say, I only have a couple of rides on it so far. Although not as well used or known as Strava is, I like it. The kicker for me is it's storage capacity and total load on the phone. I can store a ton of ride data and it's footprint still would be no bigger than a couple of songs. I shot Steve a message about some suggestions about mapping, etc. They're going to look into it as soon as they fix some sensor stuff and get the iOS-5 stuff dealt with. I've some free time this week and could meet up with you over by B.G. to grab sme chicken or coffee if you want to check it out yourself.

Now as for the TapaTalk bit from the other thread I'm on the fence until I see an iPhone 3gs with it and see how it works, footprint, active battery and storage usage, etc-etc.
    Awesome!

Obi
    mtbr member
    Went out tonight and just hammered down the fireroad with my "resistance" attached. Legs are coming back and although it was a weird day I did ok. FWIW I think that my having a quick carb session helped out. "Dusk Patrol Spin". Rode all the way out the A.C.T. to the shoreline. Not too shabby for a singlespeed running 32:17.
    A.C.T. Trail Training Intervals Map *Switch it into satellite mode for a better view.

Awesome!

Dooooood!
    I like gadgets so all I can say is Welcome Aboard!

So... there's something wrong with burning styrofoam in my backyard? Well what the EF am I supposed to do with all those coffee cups!

Obi
    mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by velocipus View Post
    Dooooood!
    I like gadgets so all I can say is Welcome Aboard!

So... there's something wrong with burning styrofoam in my backyard? Well what the EF am I supposed to do with all those coffee cups!
    I got a couple of spare corporate cups you have the barista's wash and fill for you if you want them. Come get them and bring some booze to repay me for the brake stuff.

Seriously, I have a crap load of coffee mugs, someone come take them off my hands.

No graphs tonight, these are enough proof.
    *I gotta fix my photo uploads here, can't get the .jpg's off them to insert.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Has Obi the Neo-Luddite just "Sold Out"?-img_4428.jpg  

Has Obi the Neo-Luddite just "Sold Out"?-img_1302.jpg  

Awesome!