mtbr member

Is this guy serious?

https://www.sfchronicle.com/bayarea/...h-13131019.php

I remember when this happened. I listened to the first 20 min or so, I am not sure he can change my mind.
    I'm sick of all the Irish stereotypes, as soon as I finish this beer I"m punching someone

Life's a Garden, dig it!
    Well, there is no doubt in my mind that he was made an example of.
    "The man was born on third and thinks he hit a triple. But instead of running home, he ran to second base."

mtbr member
    No doubt.

I learned real quick riding in SF that you stop on a yellow because the crosswalks get flooded with people the second the light says walk.
    I'm sick of all the Irish stereotypes, as soon as I finish this beer I"m punching someone

Broken but on the mend
    This guy is a self centered dick. The guy killed someone and appears to show no signs of remorse. Then to say he was out of his mind on painkillers, well ,maybe you shouldn't have been on the bike that day. We are subject to the same rules as vehicles when on the road, so why shouldn't he be charged with vehicular manslaughter along with DUI.

mtbr member
    Nov 2014
    Was this the guy who bragged about his speed down Castro by using his Strava track?

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by mzorich View Post
    Then to say he was out of his mind on painkillers, well ,maybe you shouldn't have been on the bike that day.
    I think he meant that he was on painkillers after the crash, when he posted that quote.

fc
    head minion Administrator
    Hes like the Stanford guy convicted of rape on campus. Now trying to lawyer up and use every possible angle to weasel out of the sentence.
    IPA will save America

mtbr member
    He mentions MTBR in it. He said that someone put his email and phone # on here.

mtbr member
    Though I can see the SF DA making a sample of this guy....in all honesty, the guy is a dusch... and if evidence was provided showing his riding patterns prior to the accident plus his remarks after.....he got of easy ...

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

AKD
    Temporarily flatlanded
    He singlehandedly screwed over bike advocacy in San Francisco. Every time there's a public hearing for a protected bike lane, someone brings up this guy as the reason cyclists can't have nice things.

The family of the victim chose forgiveness over a civil suit. He pled guilty, which is admitting to fault. A wiser, moral human being would recognize these circumstances as a gift and live the rest of their life in that spirit.

the half breed devil
    i commuted by bicycle for more years than i like to count, eleven of those years from the inner richmond down to dogpatch via 17th street.

now, i won't ride my bike in city traffic unless i'm forced to.

one of the reasons is the behavior of other cyclists. there's nothing that pisses me off more than stopping at a stop sign (and waving my hand) to allow a motorist to proceed, then having some hipster-bearded numbskull blow through the intersection right in front of the driver i'm extending a courtesy to.

Mr Melonhead On Painkillers is probably one of the pricks who liked to pull this move.

he needs to be punched right in the throat on general principles.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by shekky View Post
    i commuted by bicycle for more years than i like to count, eleven of those years from the inner richmond down to dogpatch via 17th street.

one of the reasons is the behavior of other cyclists. there's nothing that pisses me off more than stopping at a stop sign (and waving my hand) to allow a motorist to proceed, then having some hipster-bearded numbskull blow through the intersection right in front of the driver i'm extending a courtesy to.

Mr Melonhead On Painkillers is probably one of the pricks who liked to pull this move.

I am trying so hard not to be disgusted by him, but it is really hard. I think if he would have done something like this before, he would have gone to prison.

mtbr member
    May 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by shekky View Post

I don't know about punching him in the throat, but I often wave cars thru at STOPS when they have the right-of-way and then other cyclist blow thru. (Un)Fortunately, none of them have been mowed-down yet.

the half breed devil
    Quote Originally Posted by karld View Post
    I don't know about punching him in the throat, but I often wave cars thru at STOPS when they have the right-of-way and then other cyclist blow thru. (Un)Fortunately, none of them have been mowed-down yet.
    it's only a matter of time.

keep being a good person and a courteous cyclist and keep waving those cars through.

(punching Mr Melonhead probably wouldn't hurt him, because he's "out of his mind on painkillers")

Trail Gnome
    Quote Originally Posted by sfgiantsfan View Post
    He mentions MTBR in it. He said that someone put his email and phone # on here.
    Oops...that might have been me

AKD
    Temporarily flatlanded
    Do it again. For science.

mtbr member
    I think he mentioned some one on here, he quoted a tweet from murphsstahoe, I feel I have seen him on here. Does that ring a bell for anyone else

mtbr member
    In the UK there have been multiple cases of cyclists going to jail for killing pedestrians. The typical sentence is six-years. The general circumstances don't come into it, if the cyclists was technically braking the law they go to jail.

One guy was on the pavement and hit a teenager. The girl was in a group who were obviously tormenting the cyclist and she clearly jumped out in front of him but technically, riding on the pavement is illegal. Everyone does it though, I've even seen the police do it frequently, but in court, he was riding illegally, end of.

Another guy hit someone who walked into the road. He was riding a fixy with no brakes. Illegal to ride a bike with no brakes so off to the cells for him. In reality a fixy has a rear brake and the guy was slowing down when he hit the ped but again, it's the letter of he law that counts.

Bottom line is that when you are in a situation where you might come in to conflict with others, be it in the city or on multi-use trails, you have to ride with consideration and be ready to give way or stop. Sounds like this guy just generally flies around like a ******** and the result was almost inevitable. And he's still whining, super...

mtbr member
    May 2010
    This guy sounds like an insufferable douche.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

mtbr member
    Kills someone, gets away with it, still complains.

fc
    head minion Administrator
    Reminds of me of these two scumballs trying to slither away:

Ghost Ship owner where 36 people were killed. https://abc7news.com/exclusive-ghost...ected/3949399/

Brock Turner rapist - https://www.nytimes.com/2018/08/09/u...er-appeal.html
    IPA will save America

Hella Olde
    Quote Originally Posted by kpdemello View Post
    This guy sounds like an insufferable douche.
    That species has a strong foothold here in SF.

AKD
    Temporarily flatlanded
    Quote Originally Posted by DH40 View Post
    That species has a strong foothold here in SF.
    Indeed.

https://www.kron4.com/news/bicyclist...ted/1033069263

New Details Emerge in Golden Gate Park Hit-and-Run That Killed Bicyclist - April 11, 2018 - SF Weekly

Pedicab operator struck by hit-and-run driver in San Francisco has died, hospital says - Story | KTVU

https://www.nbcbayarea.com/news/loca...490972881.html

The really shitty thing about Chris Bucchere is that everyone knows who he is, but nobody remembers the many, many more drivers that kill cyclists and leave them to die.

So, Chris, if you're reading this - just stop. You killed someone, you admitted guilt, and the victim's family gave you the gift of forgiveness. Stop reminding people that "one time that cyclist killed a guy."